PDA

View Full Version : New Driver

smurfette
23-01-2007, 17:58
Hi there I have heard some conflicting information and wondered if someone could clarify. I passed my test in June 2006 and was told that you need to have had your licence for 2 years before you can hire a car then I read that this isnt true and it doesnt matter how long you've had the licence. Whats the truth????

kate

roger
23-01-2007, 19:07
Hi Kate - please see the following page on our site to answer your question. http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/supplier-comparison.aspx

In summary, Dollar do not have a minimum limit, but the other companies have a 1 year minimum limit.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by smurfette
Hi there I have heard some conflicting information and wondered if someone could clarify. I passed my test in June 2006 and was told that you need to have had your licence for 2 years before you can hire a car then I read that this isnt true and it doesnt matter how long you've had the licence. Whats the truth????

kate
[/quote]

ShirleyD
23-01-2007, 19:08
I have never heard that before.

roger
23-01-2007, 19:24
There are some countries that do require a 2 year minimum for having held your license (including some part of Europe) so that might explain why someone may have told you this.

smurfette
23-01-2007, 20:59
Thanks for that. We arent going to Orlando until 08 so we'll be okay to hire at that time.

kate