PDA

View Full Version : Question

flyrr100
21-01-2007, 18:48
Does investing in a business opposed to buying a business count torwards getting a visa? I'm looking at opening a soccer store in Seminole County and may be open offers of investment/partnrship.

blott
21-01-2007, 18:55
I think that maybe it does but the person would have to be an 'executive' and not a worker as such but you need to check on the US Embassy website to make sure.

The problem with investment or business visas at the moment is the US Embassy in London, through which any UK resident would have to apply. Processing takes absolutely ages and, even if you elect to have premium processing, there's always that little piece of paper that seems to be missing from your application that slows things down to a crawl. I know some people have been waiting in excess of nine months for visa processing via London and some that get sent in but are never get processed.

florida4sun
21-01-2007, 20:24
I think you need to be 50% share holder unless it is an considerable investment. Best to atke advice.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
Does investing in a business opposed to buying a business count torwards getting a visa? I'm looking at opening a soccer store in Seminole County and may be open offers of investment/partnrship.

[/quote]