PDA

View Full Version : hard rock hotel

glasgowmary
21-01-2007, 14:32
when we go out at end of june my 15 year old is asking if we can stay a few nights at hard rock hotel, i have never been in the hotel only the cafe wondered if anyone has been and what they thought ?

caroline
21-01-2007, 14:46
We've stayed there for a couple of nights when we had guests in our villa - we enjoyed it but be prepared for some serious wallet bashing!!

I wrote a report for the Florida guide http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/hard_rock.aspx

florida4sun
21-01-2007, 14:50
It would not be my first choice, prefer the royal pacific - food is much better.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by glasgowmary
when we go out at end of june my 15 year old is asking if we can stay a few nights at hard rock hotel, i have never been in the hotel only the cafe wondered if anyone has been and what they thought ?
[/quote]

CERICROWLEY
22-01-2007, 00:06
We stayed at the Hard Rock two years ago at New Years and to be honect hated every minute, but thats just our opinion. We very much like Disney Hotels and the way they do things, We find Universal and there hotels a little bit behind the times when it comes to comparison to Disney.

We paid for the upgraded Conceirge suite, and the view we got was of the main entrance hotel with a big huge spotlight coming in the room, We never got anywhere complaining, and everytime they said a manager would contact us, there was nothing. not very good customer service.

We found the hotel to be very much geared towards the teenage generation, they are not family oriented at all. The hotel room was very plain and basic, as was the hotel overall. There was music everywhere you went, in the corridors in the lobby around the pool, around the bars, there was no quiet area at all. Service was not as good as some hotels we stayed in, it all seemed to be too much of an effort for the staff. The only plus side for us was the proximity to the parks. I am not a fuddy duddy, as some of you will know from the OV meets we have done, but I will not be entertaining this hotel again.

BUT as the hotel chain etc has been taken over by the Indians it may well improve or go right down hill, you never know

glasgowmary
22-01-2007, 00:45
what is the royal pacific like ? we will be going with 2 15 year olds, any help welcome !!!

caroline
22-01-2007, 00:56
I haven't stayed at the Royal Pacific, although we have eaten there (excellent meal) - out of the 3 Universal hotels I preferred the Portofino, really laid back atmosphere, but our teenager preferred the hard rock

glasgowmary
22-01-2007, 01:03
portofino seems to be a lot more expensive so proably not in the running , can't seem to decide between the two as i have never been in either of them , only hard rock cafe . does anyone know which is nearest to the parks ? i am going mad here .......... as usual my husband is saying no problems either way , as if that helps , men !!

caroline
22-01-2007, 01:46
All three hotels are close to the parks - there is a boat that collects you and drops you at city walk, we walked back to the hard rock from Universal through the gardens - it took about 15 minutes (from memory) if you check out the Universal website there are links to the hotel websites

SDJ
22-01-2007, 03:18
We only dined in the Hard Rock Hotel restaurant. Very noisy, extremely expensive and mediocre food.

Would not return.

Sandra