PDA

View Full Version : Advice about usa visa

orlando05
19-01-2007, 03:17
Hi
Apologies if this has been posted before.
My husband and I have been to the usa on previous occasions. Although we live in the Uk my husband was not born here. He holds a foreign passport and has he been granted his residence permit for the Uk. He has been issued his usa visa previously with no problems.
We are due to go again at the beginning of june and the problem we face is that he has received a police caution since our last visit. We are aware he has to submit a Subject Access form which we have applied for. The questions I hope someone can help with are:-
Does it normally take the 40 days for this to be received? has anyone ever received them earlier?
We would then be due to receive this in February, I spoke to the embassay to ask if we can make the appointment in the meantime so that we don't then have to wait a further few weeks for an appointment but they said we have to be in receipt of it first.
I am now worrying we will not be granted the visa in time, as they say it can take approx 14-16 weeks in these cases. (If they decide to give us one)
It was minor incident and the first time he has ever received anything like this [msnembarrased].
Has anyone experience of this situation, does it take as long as they say? and do they normally issue a visa if you have a police caution?
I am worrying we won't be able to go.

Thanks in advance for any help and reassurance.

roger
19-01-2007, 12:28
I might be wrong, so I'm sure someone will correct me if so, but I thought it was only if arrested that you need to go through this, not if just a police caution. Or maybe you have to have been arrested first anyhow in order to receive a caution.