PDA

View Full Version : waiver

derek gibson
18-01-2007, 23:11
hi does anyone know if my wife can still use the waiver free to go to Florida on holiday ,last august we went for a holiday visa to allow us to stay in the us for 180 days but was told that we did not have enough ties to the uk ,so now we wont to go there on holiday can she use the waivir free to go

blott
18-01-2007, 23:44
Not sure Del as one of the questions on the visa waiver form asks if you've ever been refused a visa for the US.

I think this is something that it'd be better to clarify with the American Embassy.

Robert5988
19-01-2007, 02:41
From previous threads it appears that you have a property in the USA and you had a Visa.

Last year you wanted to take your family on a Visa, including taking 2 school age children children out of school for 6 months, to renovate the property.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_32315.asp

You were advised that this might be a problem, and it appears it was a problem to the USA authorities.

On the Visa Waiver you have to answer have you ever been denied a US visa. Clearly she must answer 'Yes'. It then states very clearly:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:IMPORTANT: If you have answered "Yes" to any of the above, please contact the American Embassy BEFORE you travel to the U.S. since you may be refused admission into the United States[/quote]

So it is very clear that she is not entitled to use a Visa Waiver unless she is authorised to do so by the US Embassy - or is given a Visa.

derek gibson
21-01-2007, 01:53
just got this back from embassy

I have been refused a visa under Section 221(g) or 214(b) of the Immigration & Nationality Act; can I travel visa free?
Applicants who are found ineligible to receive a visa under Section 221(g) or 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act are not prohibited from traveling visa free. However, you will be questioned by an immigration inspector at the port of entry regarding your refusal. If the immigration inspector is not satisfied that you meet the qualifications for nonimmigrant status, you may be denied entry.

i was told this thanks