PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Fishing at the moment

Eden
16-01-2007, 17:18
Hi,

I am taking my Dad to Florida for the first time in March and wondered if anyone could recommend any good fishing lakes.

On previous threads I've read about Lake Davenport at Esprit but wondered if anyone knew of any closer to Terra Verde. We do have fishing on our community but I thought he might like to try a few different places.

Thanks

Robert5988
16-01-2007, 17:36
Why not take him to the Atlantic coast for some fishing from the beach or Indian river; much more exciting than the lakes and you can eat almost every thing you catch. In March the Bluefish(especially) and Pompano can be caught by inexperienced(Florida wise) fishermen.

Head due east on 192.

blott
16-01-2007, 18:48
Nearest public fishing to Terra Verde, Indian Pointe, Eagle Point, Cumbrian Lakes, Liberty Village, Crescent Lakes, Doral Woods and Countryside is Lake Toho.

Turn left out of Terra Verde, left at the traffic lights and go to Kissimmee Lakefront Park in the historic Kissimmee old town - not the one with the skycoaster! Or, turn left out of Terra Verde, follow Poinciana Boulevard as far as you can go to Southport and try Lake Toho there where Boggy Creek Airboats are located.

nicseg
17-01-2007, 15:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Nearest public fishing to Terra Verde, Indian Pointe, Eagle Point, Cumbrian Lakes, Liberty Village, Crescent Lakes, Doral Woods and Countryside is Lake Toho.

Turn left out of Terra Verde, left at the traffic lights and go to Kissimmee Lakefront Park in the historic Kissimmee old town - not the one with the skycoaster! Or, turn left out of Terra Verde, follow Poinciana Boulevard as far as you can go to Southport and try Lake Toho there where Boggy Creek Airboats are located.
[/quote]
I watched a fishing programme from Lake Toho on Sky Sports last week and will definitely be visiting it next time we go, the views are fantastic.
Nic

Eden
18-01-2007, 03:03
Hi, thanks for the information.

I didn't realise that most communities had public fishing :)

Will definitely speak to Dad about the coast !

My mum said to check that the lakes he goes to don't have alligators. (Its the first time I have managed to get them to come with us, the furthest they have flown before is France [msnwink])

We are all so excited, just have to get the flight over with.

blott
18-01-2007, 06:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Eden
I didn't realise that most communities had public fishing :)[/quote]They don't as the lakes on most communities are restricted to home owners there so, although fishing may be permitted for people staying on Terra Verde, your Dad couldn't go to another community to fish.

But Lake Toho isn't on a community - it's a vast, mainly public, lake. There are individual homes (not short term rental homes) which have lake front lots where obviously the public can't fish but the two areas I mentioned (Kissimmee Old Town and Southport) are public areas.

I forgot to mention that your Dad will need to get a fishing licence wherever he's going to fish, even on Terra Verde. You can get one from Wal-Mart or most tackle shops or even purchase it online from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission. This costs $16.50 for seven days plus, if you purchase it online, $3.25 per person plus 2.5% of the total sale. You can purchase a licence online within 60 days of its commencement. https://www1.wildlifelicense.com/fl/start.php