PDA

View Full Version : E2 Visa scams

Lesley and John
14-01-2007, 17:29
Tonight, at 19:30 on BBC radio 5, there is a report on visa scams. I heard some excepts from it this morning. Some people have lost a lot.

It seems to revolve around "scammers" saying they will set up businesses for people wanting to have a business in Florida whicj allows them to move there on an E2. Obviously the scammers want money up front. People have lost hundereds of thousands.

I think these programs are available as a Podcast after the show is broadcast.

John

florida4sun
14-01-2007, 18:40
This is all down to people handing oiver money without taking advice or doing homework, I have little sympathy, it is not unique to Florida. A freind has uts paud (0k for a business that does not exist in Spain (after declining my advice!!!).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lesley and John
Tonight, at 19:30 on BBC radio 5, there is a report on visa scams. I heard some excepts from it this morning. Some people have lost a lot.

It seems to revolve around "scammers" saying they will set up businesses for people wanting to have a business in Florida whicj allows them to move there on an E2. Obviously the scammers want money up front. People have lost hundereds of thousands.

I think these programs are available as a Podcast after the show is broadcast.

John
[/quote]

mfairhurst
14-01-2007, 19:19
SO Nieve
Pity they did not put there money on lottery tickets same risk and if you win WOW buy one [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Lesley and John
14-01-2007, 21:45
Martin, Agreed scams and con artists are not unique to Florida.

There are a couple of "standard" bits of advice on the programme such as "If something seems to go to be true, then it probably is".

John