PDA

View Full Version : 8 seater SUV from Budget

The King of Sheba
13-01-2007, 02:46
Has anyone hired the 8 seater SUV from Budget? (See below).

I just want to know what are they like to drive, and in particular, what are they like to park. I would love to hire one, but I'm just worried it will be too big to drive & park round the shops & parks etc.

If anyone has any experience with one of these I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks...Shane...

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/The King of Sheba/2007112214324_suv.jpg

freddiehollie
13-01-2007, 03:19
Hi Shane
They are no problem to drive or park, if you are worried about parking
dont be, the parking spaces are massive compared to car parks over here.
I just wish the people who make the decisions on parking bay sizes would
apply for jobs over here. Then perhaps we may get parking bays big enough
to park in, so people would stop opening their car doors into mine and
damaging them:(:(

KJH
15-01-2007, 01:26
I can't park a car to save my life, but I didn't have any problems, great car just rather juicy.

dawn
15-01-2007, 02:22
They are lovely to drive - even for me, and no problems parking:)

Eden
15-01-2007, 03:41
We are also thinking about hiring one of the SUV's.

Has anyone hired from Budget before, we normally use dollar and have always had really good service & cars.

Doc
15-01-2007, 14:48
We hired the 8 seat SUV on our last two trips - the extra space with a proper third row of seats is great.

But it is a real gas guzzler - around 14mpg.

the service from Budget is good - but the lot at Sanford is off airport and the wait for the small transfer bus can be quite long at times. Its on-airport at MCO

roger
15-01-2007, 15:48
We have a special deal, so cars booked through us are brought up to the airport directly ready for your arrival. Occasionally, if a last minute booking, there may not be time to organise this, then the shuttle bus will be required. Once the new car park at Sanford opens (was due to be complete last October!) then Budget will be properly on-airport.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Doc

We hired the 8 seat SUV on our last two trips - the extra space with a proper third row of seats is great.

But it is a real gas guzzler - around 14mpg.

the service from Budget is good - but the lot at Sanford is off airport and the wait for the small transfer bus can be quite long at times. Its on-airport at MCO
[/quote]

The King of Sheba
18-01-2007, 02:58
Thanks for your replies. I know it's an 8-seater SUV, but how much space is left for luggage after fitting 6 adults & 2 child, both children with car seats? Would it do the airport run?

Thanks again...Shane...

roger
18-01-2007, 03:30
Hi Shane - I've replied to your email directly, but for the benefit of the forum, here is my reply:

It all depends on the amount of luggage, but it holds more than the 8 seater minivan.

The best thing is to refer to the following link on the Budget website. The vehicle is the “Full Size SUV” – as you will see, it says the car will take 4 large, 3 medium and 2 small cases

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/cars/suv.html

KJH
18-01-2007, 18:30
We had five adult size people in our car, 9 Large suitcases, 5 lots of handluggae etc. It all went in! Just!(sorry it 7 cases arriving and 9 departing, 2 had to go on the roof)

appinlad
18-01-2007, 19:37
Just to say I too hired an 8 seat SUV (Jeep Commander) from Dollar last year. My wife fell in love with it and didn't want to hand it back. No problems with luggage but fuel consumption not too good but hey gas is cheap out there!

gwendolinemary
19-01-2007, 17:42
It looks like the Ford Expedition you are thinking of hiring. We had one last year and I thought it was huge. Not being a very confident driver on the "wrong " side of the road anyway, I must confess I only drove it once - about three miles from the Formosa Gardens shops back to the villa with DH squawking beside me all the way!! Suited him fine, mind you because he loved driving it!

The King of Sheba
30-01-2007, 02:16
Thanks for all your feedback. Sounds like a great car/beast to drive, but not sure if the wife would be comfortable driving it.

I'm still unsure if I should take the plunge as it might leave the wife dependant on me to drive everywhere etc...

Still, I can think of worse dilemmas to have...

Shane...

Daybreak
08-02-2007, 17:56
Hi All
could i just double check the fuel comsumption on the SUV
On the car hire site it states 25mpg, i think
Is it really more like 14mpg?
[msneek]

Dawn

blott
08-02-2007, 19:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daybreak
Hi All
[msneek]

Dawn[/quote]At $2.07 when we left two weeks ago for a gallon, does it really matter?

roger
08-02-2007, 19:45
And US Gallons are smaller than UK Gallons, so it's not quite as bad as it seems.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Hi All
[msneek]

Dawn[/quote]At $2.07 when we left two weeks ago for a gallon, does it really matter?
[/quote]

Daybreak
09-02-2007, 02:10
I just wondered why there was the difference in reported mileage to the gallon, hence the question
And i suppose if i asked the question it did matter to me
Dawn

roger
09-02-2007, 02:42
Until recently we only had the one type of 8 seater, the minivan, with slightly better fuel consumption. The 8 Seater SUV is a fairly new addition so other than the photo we had no specific consumption figures.

Bear in mind that within a certain range of cars, models can vary, and so will the fuel consumption. You may receive a similar car with better or worse consumption.

I just wondered why there was the difference in reported mileage to the gallon, hence the question
And i suppose if i asked the question it did matter to me
Dawn
[/quote]

alastair
25-03-2007, 08:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by The King of Sheba
Thanks for all your feedback. Sounds like a great car/beast to drive, but not sure if the wife would be comfortable driving it.

I'm still unsure if I should take the plunge as it might leave the wife dependant on me to drive everywhere etc...

Still, I can think of worse dilemmas to have...

Shane...

[/quote]
Just picked one up today from Budget - Ford Expedition - If you are going to utilise all 3 rows of seats then there is not much room left for luggage. I would say you would get 1 suitcase in behind the 3rd row of seats and it would need to be a thin one.

MarkJan
25-03-2007, 12:30
Hi All
[msneek]

Dawn
[/quote]Don't forget the MPG is directly related to how much your right foot is down on the floor.

Tony G
25-03-2007, 14:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alastair

Just picked one up today from Budget - Ford Expedition - If you are going to utilise all 3 rows of seats then there is not much room left for luggage. I would say you would get 1 suitcase in behind the 3rd row of seats and it would need to be a thin one.

This has worried me a bit. Anyone got any pictures? THe Ford Website only lists the EL model (extra length).

Roger, which models do Budget hire? Do they just keep the Expedition, or do they have other models, perhaps with more luggage space if all seats are used?

roger
25-03-2007, 17:33
There are several model of 8 seater SUV (Excursion and Expedition) with large or small length. In most cases it is the larger version but this can not be requested or guaranteed.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tony G
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alastair

This has worried me a bit. Anyone got any pictures? THe Ford Website only lists the EL model (extra length).

Roger, which models do Budget hire? Do they just keep the Expedition, or do they have other models, perhaps with more luggage space if all seats are used?
[/quote]

alex
18-04-2007, 02:23
just got back from orlando we had a 10 day hire which was the expedition
18 mpg over a long trip to hilton head
we then exchanged for final 7 days in orlando and was given an excursion not
as nice as expedition.
budget tried to charge me a $4 per day surcharge for insurance on my return
b
ut refunded it when i complained.

Yellowbellies
20-04-2007, 22:30
Hi Alex

What was the reason for changing your expedition for a excursion? How does the luggage space compare when all seats are in use?

Annette

alex
21-04-2007, 01:30
i was looking for the $50 tank of free petrol the price being the same
for a singe rental or two seperate rentals.
there is very little luggage space when all seats are up 1 case only
we used for a trip for 4 golfers going to hilton head had 4 sets of
clubs and 4 large cases.
all features in the expedition were electric including putting the back seats down.

alastair
21-04-2007, 03:10
We had an Expedition from Budget. With all the seats up and in use there was room for 1 suitcase standing up behind the rear seats.

Floydhound
02-05-2007, 01:12
Hi,Are the back row of seats the same height as the front 2 rows or is it closer to the floor?

LorraineC
16-05-2007, 21:51
I am so interested in this subject, trying to arrange a car for June but I also have a wheelchair to transport, is SUV high to get into? And can the seats be folded down? If so individually or together???

I would be so grateful if someone could answer these questions for me.