PDA

View Full Version : where to eat in Celebration

mizzy
12-01-2007, 16:23
can anyone guide me with suggestions/recommendation on where to eat in celebration

ideally we like something atmostpheric, i have read, i think about waterfront places with rocking chairs?

we're not looking for the usual burger, fries or nuggets kind of place, also there's one veggie in family

thanks

Mizzy

andrewmckay5
12-01-2007, 16:52
Mizzy,
not the best of photos but this is the lake in the main centre with the road by it and the restaurants all next to each other, all very close. I would just turn up,have a look at all the menus and decide where to eat.
andrew

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/andrewmckay5/2005626173036_3F8E90E6-21BA-497C-9550B9811A2B9A6F.JPG

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/andrewmckay5/2005626173057_BBE00DD8-7011-442F-9F2C6DAED25EF03D.JPG

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/andrewmckay5/2005626173115_E2954C8D-1543-4BDC-88ED7EDBA104A700.JPG

brizzle
12-01-2007, 16:52
We ate in D'Antonios on the 30th December for the first time and enjoyed it so much we went back the next night for New Years Eve.

There wasn't anything going on in Celebration as the waiter told us they don't want to associate with the 'drunkeness' that comes with NYE. A bit of a difference to July 4th when we were there and so much going on. Having said that it was one of the most enjoyable NYEs we've had in some time.

Food was great, quality not quantity although I wouldn't say they were small portions!!, and the service was top class. They also have a very extensive wine list. The chocolate desert I had was one of the biggest 'small' deserts I have ever had....looks a few mouthfuls but the chocolate was so rich it was a challenge!!

menu's are viewable on their website http://www.antoniosonline.com/CafeDAntonio.asp

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Brizzle/2007112125242_choc.JPG

andrewandcarole
12-01-2007, 17:10
We love Antonios - it's a must every trip!

Might be a good idea to call them in advance to book though.

Carole

12-01-2007, 17:21
Mizzy you will love it, the rocking chairs are on the side of the lake very close to the eateries and we love the cafe on the corner, cant remember the name but its lovely sitting outside for a nice fresh omelette for breakfast[msnsmile2]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2007112131810_DSCN2221.jpg
Not a sunny photo but this where the rocking chairs are normally and the cafe is behind the tree on the left of the piccy.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200711213203_DSCN2424.jpg
This is a better pic, the cafe is the building the the white shutter awning and red tile above[msnwink]

wrpac00
12-01-2007, 17:25
We went to Columbia twice in the summer.

Here's their menu - http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/menu.asp

mizzy
12-01-2007, 17:39
aww thanks for the photos, it really brings the place to life, having only been to orlando the once and with extended family pretty much deciding what we would be doing or going to see, we never even knew about the place, it's definately going on my itinerary[msnsmile]

Mizzy

Lynne S
12-01-2007, 18:06
Mizzy, it a lovely place to visit anytime of the day. We love breakfast or evening meal in the Market St cafe (this is the same one as Julie is talking about)
You can walk all the way around they lake, browse in the lovely shops and then sit a while on the rocking chairs overlooking the lake with a coffee from the newly opened Starbucks:)Pure bliss:)

palmvillas
12-01-2007, 18:50
You will be spoilt for choice on where to eat have a look at the menus and just decide on the night what everybody wants,they all serve great food.If you fancy a coffee and a piece of cake try Shirlock Homes it is run by an English couple and they have a great cake selection.(just don't think about the calories)

Debbie

mizzy
12-01-2007, 19:04
Debbie, i NEVER think about calories, fat, diets etc when on holiday, it all goes out of the window[msnembarrased]

anyway i'm over 3stone lighter this visit thanks to my friends over on the slimming so will indulge without GUILT[msntongue]

Lynne, ssshhh! don't tell Julie (mach2) about starbucks, she is an addict[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnwink]

Mizzy

julieanne
12-01-2007, 19:24
Mizzy we've eaten in the Tavern a few times - the tables outside there do have "swing seats" - which can surprise you if you're not expecting your seat to move [msnwink]
But don't confuse these with rocking chairs that are on the lake front - a lovely place to relax and eat an ice cream [msntongue]

Also had breakfast a few time at the Market Street Cafe which is lovely (don't know if it beats IHOP tho [msnwink])

mfairhurst
12-01-2007, 20:55
We had a meal for my husbands birthday at COLUMBIA IN CELEBRATION and the food was good it is SPANISH nad the staff is very friendly .
We had a meal at THE TAVERN but that is like a english PUB but their fish is good .
Hope you enjoy were ever you go .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com./villas/1683.aspx

SDJ
12-01-2007, 22:28
We love the Market Cafe - just sitting watching the world go by. Went for lunch on Wednesday - lovely.

Sandra

12-01-2007, 22:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jadehouse
Mizzy, it a lovely place to visit anytime of the day. We love breakfast or evening meal in the Market St cafe (this is the same one as Julie is talking about)
You can walk all the way around they lake, browse in the lovely shops and then sit a while on the rocking chairs overlooking the lake with a coffee from the newly opened Starbucks:)Pure bliss:)
[/quote]

Did someone mention newly opened Starbucks[clap][clap][clap] Bliss that was the one thing for me that was missing, they had Barnies but Starbys is my fav[clap][clap][clap]

P.S I have only had 2 today[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
12-01-2007, 23:27
Starbucks has replaced Barnies Julie!:D

12-01-2007, 23:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]

Yay!!!![clap][clap][clap]

sunseeker
13-01-2007, 03:43
we were in there just after xmas, mmmmmmmmm [msntongue] white chocolate mocha for me, ta[msnwink]

Dave

chris jones
14-01-2007, 22:48
You will love Celebration!!

Its one of our favourite places The market st Cafe does all sorts of fantastic food not the usual burgers and fries (although they are on the menu!)

Parking is nice and easy and all on the flat with good access. There always used to be a farmers market on Sundays too!

When we retire we would love to open an Antiques/Collectibles store there (money and chance permitting).

Does anyone know why Hermanns closed and what is in its place (it was the ice cream/sandwich shop next to the cinema).

Chris

Pegasus928
16-01-2007, 06:29
When we went last year we went on a Sunday. They had a sort of farmers market on which was quite interesting to have a look round. Most of the stalls had some sort of sample for what they were selling - whether it was fudge, jerky or honey, or some sort of body product. By the time we got to where we had decided to sit and have something to eat we just went for a pudding as we were pretty full after eating all the samples :D

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/pegasus928/200675195636_cake1.jpg

Luckily, as with everything American, they only did small portions [msnscared]

Pegasus

florida4sun
16-01-2007, 12:30
Your kidding, this is one of my wishes while we were there. Barnies coffee was a big let down for celebration, always wondered if starbucks would get in:)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]

mizzy
16-01-2007, 12:41
OMG doesn't the food look gorgeous on these pics?

it goes without saying i'm a dessert fan[msntongue]and that's why i live over on the slimming topic[msnembarrased]

Mizzy

julieanne
16-01-2007, 13:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris jones
You will love Celebration!!

Its one of our favourite places The market st Cafe does all sorts of fantastic food not the usual burgers and fries (although they are on the menu!)

Parking is nice and easy and all on the flat with good access. There always used to be a farmers market on Sundays too!

When we retire we would love to open an Antiques/Collectibles store there (money and chance permitting).

Does anyone know why Hermanns closed and what is in its place (it was the ice cream/sandwich shop next to the cinema).

Chris

[/quote]

Don't know why Hermanns closed but I'm sure we saw that the shop was ging to be opening again as an ice cream shop when we were there in November ?

brizzle
16-01-2007, 14:30
If it's the one I am thinking of then it's now an ice-cream/chocolate shop called Kilwins.
Very nice too with lots of sinful treats.
Managed to grab some reduced Christmas chocolate just after the actual day, tasted just as good as it would have before Christmas ;)

Lynne S
16-01-2007, 15:36
Here you go Mizzy, just picture yourself on one of these rocking chairs with one of those ********* Coffee's in hand[msnwink]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jadehouse/2007116113531_Celebrationlake.jpg

And another one

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jadehouse/2007116113618_Rockingchairs.jpg

julieanne
16-01-2007, 16:04
Happy memories - I think I can see MY chair [msnwink]

16-01-2007, 16:32
me too Mizzy I could eat that right now[msntongue]

ncmurray
17-01-2007, 19:05
We ate there once last Christmas, but I can't remember which restaurant exactly. It was a diner style restaurant, on the corner of the street where it snows. The food was really good, but there is one thing I wold go back for everytime... and that the Cream Soda! You just have to try one! Heaven on earth...

Lynne S
17-01-2007, 19:46
Nuala, that sounds like the Market St Cafe mmmmmm Great food.
It's the blue building with white shutters in the second one of my photos above. We love it there too[msnsmile2]

DANESKA18
30-08-2010, 03:25
We went to the Market Street Cafe at Celebration for lunch today and it was great!! It's the first time we've been down to the waterfront and it was delightful - the market was on (I bought two wooden Rudolphs for Christmas[xmas1]) and our little girl loved the playing water fountains (I had to go and buy a towel to dry her off). Anyway, I digress - the food at the cafe was fab and the atmosphere was lovely - so nice to spend a lazy Sunday brunch just watching the water and the people go by!! (And I've seen everything now - a lady pushing a small dog in a dog-buggy - just like a kiddies buggy, complete with sun cover, but smaller and covered in paw prints. Very swish in pink and chocolate - for the dog that has everything [msnsmile2])

sammibabe
30-08-2010, 03:33
We got lost in Celebration.[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]After reading some of the threads on here I was adamant last time that I wanted to have a look. Saw some houses, some more houses and back out! However I do have a hubby who refuses to have a sat nav as the first few times we went there wasn't such a thing and we managed[msnmad]

blott
30-08-2010, 12:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
We got lost in Celebration.[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]After reading some of the threads on here I was adamant last time that I wanted to have a look. Saw some houses, some more houses and back out! However I do have a hubby who refuses to have a sat nav as the first few times we went there wasn't such a thing and we managed[msnmad]
[/quote]OK, here's a foolproof way. From the 192 turn at the Water Tower entrance - the one with Joe's Crab Shack. Continue down that road until you reach the Bank of America on your left. Turn left just before the Bank of America and that road will lead you to the cinema, shops, restaurants, lake, etc. Depending on the time of day and whether it's a weekend or not, that should give you access to plenty of parking so that you can explore on foot.

For anyone who's been to the Market Street Cafe recently, do they still have fish with chocolate sauce on the menu? It sounds disgusting but really is surprisingly tasty!

DANESKA18
31-08-2010, 07:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:For anyone who's been to the Market Street Cafe recently, do they still have fish with chocolate sauce on the menu? It sounds disgusting but really is surprisingly tasty![/quote]OOH Blottie - didn't see that one - mind you wasn't looking and probably wouldn't have looked twice if I'd seen it so can't help I'm afraid!!![msnsmile2]

sammibabe
31-08-2010, 14:49
Thanks Blott. Will write that in my little book. I have a little book for all the things I read on here that I want to try, see or do next year, sad I know but I'll forget otherwise!