PDA

View Full Version : Flights in June 2004

Pluto
01-09-2003, 22:26
Hi
Can anyone help with flight prices for last week June/1st week July 2004. We have tried various internet sites, and the cheapest price we can find is £533 flying direct from Gatwick to Orlando on Virgin - is this a good price? We did think of flying Charter, but not sure what sort of flight we would get. Have looked at flights with connections, but some of these cost more than flying direct.
Can anyone recommend where to look for a good price. Maybe the above is a good price - it is 8 years since we have been to Florida:)

chrisj
01-09-2003, 22:40
That seems a good price, we are flying out the end of July and were quoted £706 and thats 3 weeks
after you.

Elaine311
02-09-2003, 02:57
I've booked flights with Virgin (from Gatwick) for 3rd July next year which cost £524 adult and £304 for my son (prices inclusive of taxes) . That was the cheapest I could get, and I spent goodness knows how many hours searching! I didn't want to take the chance of not getting my dates if I left off booking till nearer the time, so I grabbed them. I only had to pay a 10% deposit just now too, which was a bonus.

Elaine

Pluto
02-09-2003, 03:11
Elaine

Did you book direct with Virgin or through an Agent. I was expecting to have to pay in full. How much nearer the date of travel do you pay the balance.

chrisj
02-09-2003, 03:13
A lot of places want the full payment 8 or 10 weeks before you leave, Elaine Id be
interested in who you have booked with

Elaine311
02-09-2003, 03:36
I booked through Charter Travel (which I'm pretty sure was through a link on this site - but to tell the truth, I went through so many I can't remember but I have all the details if you want them). The balance is due at the beginning of April and the girl I spoke to was very helpful. I also arranged my car hire through the same company. To tell the truth, I just wanted to get it all out of the way and done so I didn't have to worry about getting my dates etc.

Elaine

chrisj
02-09-2003, 04:14
Elaine

Thanks, ive already got costs from Charter and they do seem to be the cheapest, the car
hire is cheaper from the link on this site though, well thats what ive found.

I agree they are very friendly at Charter and helpful

Chris7
02-09-2003, 04:28
Flying Out on 25th June & Back on 9th July (wasn't sure of your exact dates so I just picked any) from Heathrow it's £425 Adult £299 Kid (+£61 Airport Tax each) with American Airlines. I checked through www.airline-network.co.uk

I'm not recommending them as I've never flown with them, but I sure hope they are OK as we're booked to go next month;)

neilbrunton
02-09-2003, 16:47
Bon-Voyage are currently quoting £469 for BA and Virgin for the end of June. This price includes all taxes. You can check out there web site at:

www.bon-voyage.co.uk

They only take a deposit of £95/person.

Neil

bellaepovera
02-09-2003, 22:56
Leaving on June 30 with Virgin from Gatwick I have been quoted a price from Charter at £349 and £149 for kids. Both plus tax of £65-But of course there are the rules!!

chrisj
03-09-2003, 01:04
Thats my problem, we have to go away in the school holiday now, so up go the prices, Mind you
got a great deal for our flights to cyprus in october, might be because we booked in January

mikewj
03-09-2003, 01:23
We're looking for flights at the beginning of June 2004 for three weeks. The cheapest we've had so far are from.....erm....hold on a mo....erm.....how can I put this....(hushed voice) Travel City Direct at £450ish (including tax) per adult from Manchester.

Hopefully the links above will offer something cheaper, and going by the other threads, something more reliable.

bellaepovera
03-09-2003, 01:32
Charter showing £349 for the whole month of June and 149 for kids with taxes from Manchester of £67 so a bit cheaper then er Travel Direct. Plus this is with Virgin non stop to Orlando airport.

Pluto
03-09-2003, 21:30
Hi
How do I contact Charter. Do they have a web-site, or is there a link through another site somewhere!. When you look for flights on the internet you just seem to go round and round and can't remember where you've been.:(

Cowboy
03-09-2003, 23:08
Karen,
You will notice on the OV Home page a link for cheap flights. Try them for a quote.

Mike