PDA

View Full Version : Gold Option

orlandochris
10-01-2007, 00:52
http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/u-save-car-rental.aspx

Can someone confirm to me that the Gold Option is 'all-inclusive'?

Also, what do SLI & UMP mean?

Thanks for your help.

orlandochris
10-01-2007, 00:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Both options include ALL tax and ALL insurance. There are no extras to pay. Silver Inclusive includes 2 drivers (Dollar and U-Save only), where as Gold Inclusive allows unlimited drivers (Dollar and U-Save) or up to a maximum of 4 drivers (Alamo). With both options the fuel tank will be full on collection. With the Gold Inclusive option the fuel cost is included in the rental and you return the car with an empty tank. With the Silver Inclusive option you will need to pre-pay for the tank of fuel at the time you collect the car and can then return the car with an empty tank.[/quote]

Well I've just answered the first part myself!!!

florida4sun
10-01-2007, 00:57
This link explains it all for you http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/HireTypes.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandochris

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

brizzle
10-01-2007, 01:06
It even covered us getting a tyre changed, broken glass gave us a flat in Cocoa beach :(, at Walmart and getting reimbursed at the airport. No excess whatsoever..

orlandochris
10-01-2007, 01:46
All sorted now - booked the 7-seater from U-Save with Gold Inclusive. As I'm only 24, it means I can still drive if my dad fancies a drink one night, which is ideal.

roger
10-01-2007, 01:47
Take a look at the following page on our FAQ which should answer your questions:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-inclusions.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandochris

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

Tony G
15-01-2007, 00:43
Roger, could you please tell me what extras are included in the Gold package from Budget, that aren't in the Silver?

I'm looking to book an eight seater SUV soon, and I'm a little fuzzy. I can see no mention of Budget in the FAQ.

... Also, is there anyway to check how busy/available a rental depot is before I go? I'm concerned about them running out of cars in the busy Easter period.

Many thanks,

Tony

roger
15-01-2007, 01:06
Budget Silver = 2 driver and you return the car with a full tank
Budget Gold = Unlimited drivers and you return the car with an empty tank.

Both options inlcude the same insurances, taxes and surcharges.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tony G
Roger, could you please tell me what extras are included in the Gold package from Budget, that aren't in the Silver?

I'm looking to book an eight seater SUV soon, and I'm a little fuzzy. I can see no mention of Budget in the FAQ.

... Also, is there anyway to check how busy/available a rental depot is before I go? I'm concerned about them running out of cars in the busy Easter period.

Many thanks,

Tony
[/quote]

Tony G
15-01-2007, 01:37
Thanks for the clarification, Roger. Anything about checking busy-ness?

roger
15-01-2007, 03:20
Sorry, forgot to answer that. When you pre-book such a vehicle, the availability is checked by Budget so they should guarantee to provide this vehicle (or better) on the time of your collection. If when you put a booking on they can not fulfil your order, you will be notified within about 48 hours.

Thanks for the clarification, Roger. Anything about checking busy-ness?
[/quote]

Tony G
15-01-2007, 16:55
Thanks again Roger, that's put my mind at ease a little, I've just read so many horror stories on the net about cars not available, despite being pre-booked.

Something occurred to me, sorry to labour the point but does that mean that, if travelling during busy times, it is better to book as early as possible?

I say this as I assume an earlier booking takes priority over a more recent booking? Or are cars issued to whoever joins the rental queue first?

You understand, this would be not be an issue if I were renting a small or midsize car for myself. As I'm renting a vehicle for eight people, I'm concerned that there may not be the option to 'upgrade' me to the next size up... In any case, I'd much rather drive an SUV than a van!

roger
15-01-2007, 17:39
Smaller cars are what are known as 'freesale' and a specific car is not allocated - the rental company just allocate on arrival.

With larger cars (8, 12, 15 seaters and any for 1-way rental) are allocated at the time of booking, so for busy times it is certainly better to book early, but then does mean you will get the car you booked.

Thanks again Roger, that's put my mind at ease a little, I've just read so many horror stories on the net about cars not available, despite being pre-booked.

Something occurred to me, sorry to labour the point but does that mean that, if travelling during busy times, it is better to book as early as possible?

I say this as I assume an earlier booking takes priority over a more recent booking? Or are cars issued to whoever joins the rental queue first?

You understand, this would be not be an issue if I were renting a small or midsize car for myself. As I'm renting a vehicle for eight people, I'm concerned that there may not be the option to 'upgrade' me to the next size up... In any case, I'd much rather drive an SUV than a van!
[/quote]

Tony G
15-01-2007, 17:42
That's just what I wanted to hear... Thanks Roger

[beer]