PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a car for 8…

The King of Sheba
08-01-2007, 00:37
Hello,

I’m trying to hire a car that’s capable of carrying 8 people. 6 adults & 2 children (both under 4).

I’ve seen on the web site the 7-seater mini van, which I would have no problem with, but the next size up is an 8-seater van, which is more like a mini-bus.

I don’t fancy driving around in the mini-van/bus, especially when there will only be 2-3 times when all 8 of us will be in it together.

Does anyone know of any place where I can hire an 8-seater people carry.

Thanks…Shane

Fourdents
08-01-2007, 00:41
Hello Shane

Have you been in touch with Florida Car Hire (see top of page next to villa showcase)

Ask there Roger is very helpful and give advice

jolliffee
08-01-2007, 00:48
Hi Shane.

Basicaly it depends on how much baggage you will have. When I go out with my family and grandchildren there are 7 of us but we have to have the two car seats push chairs and luggage etc. WE always go for the 8 seater van, this has turned out to be the 12 seater with a row of seats removed so we can keep loads in the back, have the car seats in place and still have loads of room for 5 adults. They drive well and can be seen easly in the car park...[msnwink]

Just a note: I think you will have to have car seats for your two children

roger
08-01-2007, 02:37
I have replied to your email, but for the benefit of the forum, if you select the 8 seater, then select Budget as the supplier, the car type is actually an 8 Seater SUV, which may be more what you are looking for.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by The King of Sheba
Hello,

I’m trying to hire a car that’s capable of carrying 8 people. 6 adults & 2 children (both under 4).

I’ve seen on the web site the 7-seater mini van, which I would have no problem with, but the next size up is an 8-seater van, which is more like a mini-bus.

I don’t fancy driving around in the mini-van/bus, especially when there will only be 2-3 times when all 8 of us will be in it together.

Does anyone know of any place where I can hire an 8-seater people carry.

Thanks…Shane…

[/quote]

Albert the Frog
08-01-2007, 02:39
I drove a 12 seater this summer for 9 of us including a baby in a car seat. We also hired a compact so that when we piled to the parks we had loads of space but if we wanted to split up or nip out it was easy to do-price wise i don't think that between the 2 families it made much odds. If you really don't fancy a big one cost out a 7 seater and a small one-you may be surprised.