PDA

View Full Version : Computerised bracelets

imported_n/a
02-03-2002, 03:16
WetnWild is going to be the first water park to introduce computerised bracelets for children. These will be introduced shortly and will allow the tracking of the wearer at a cost of approx $2 a day. This will give peace of mind to parents whose children like to 'wander'

Carla
02-03-2002, 13:29
What a brilliant idea. It can get so crowded there. As long as they make sure that kids wearing these are not allowed to leave the park, under any circumstances, then at least if you do lose your child, noone can remove him/her from the park.

imported_n/a
03-03-2002, 01:05
I have heard, but cannot confirm, that the other Water Parks are likely to follow suit. It is a brilliant idea and we are most impressed.

steph_goodrum
03-03-2002, 12:53
It is possible to buy your own versions of these trackers, I think ToysRus may do them but I have seen them advertised, will alert you if the transmitter goes beyond a preset distance (can't remember how far). That way you will have them to use wherever you are. Interesting the water parks doing them first, I would have thought the theme parks would be most likely, I know if I am near water with a youngster they are never out of my sight and the same would apply even if wearing a tracker, as that won't prevent them drowning.
For those of you with small children, there is a similar device called a turtle which is fitted into your pool, the child has a bracelet and it will alert you if they go into pool area. I have got details somewhere.

Babblin Boo

tinkerbell
27-03-2002, 21:13
These devices sound great, but I have to agree and say more so for theme parks than water parks. I woudn't feel safe just knowing how far away my kids were, does it even tell you which direction? Anyway, water is never a place to have your kids (young ones especially) out of sight.

My parents villa has been fitted with alarms on every exit to the pool that can only be deactivated by someone tall enough to reach them. They are a little annoying, but are there to save lives. These alarms can be deactivated for a few seconds by pressing the button down as you open the door, this allows the adults to leave the house without the piercing alarm!