PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire Website Update

MarkJan
05-01-2007, 00:04
Really like the look of the updated website Roger / John. Also like the choice of car companies with the different prices listed.

[clap][clap][clap][clap]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2007, 00:36
Thanks Mark [msnsmile]. It's something we've been working on for a while now and it's good to see it now live for people to use.

caroline
05-01-2007, 01:12
John I've just noticd that there is an option listed for an 8 seater Luxury SUV but it doesn't appear in the drop down box - is this option available?

Rhosyn
05-01-2007, 01:34
Great new image and lower prices[clap][clap][clap]

Kazzie
05-01-2007, 01:40
I also noticed it earlier today. Are we all planning our trips?[msnwink]

Karen

wrpac00
05-01-2007, 02:23
Very tempting with the Mustang at the top[msntongue]

stuart
05-01-2007, 02:39
It looks so good one of our guests has just reserved a car[msnsmile2]
More points for us[clap]
Thank you Roger and John[clap]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2007, 02:46
They have indeed - many thanks [msnsmile]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stuart
It looks so good one of our guests has just reserved a car[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

dawn burley
05-01-2007, 03:08
In the past we have hired Budget from MCO and Sanford without any problems so it's great to have it available here now too![msnsmile]

roger
05-01-2007, 03:23
To get the 8 seater Luxury SUV you just need to select the regular 8 seater from the quote page, then choose Budget as the supplier.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
John I've just noticd that there is an option listed for an 8 seater Luxury SUV but it doesn't appear in the drop down box - is this option available?
[/quote]

roger
05-01-2007, 03:31
Just as an additional point of interest, we plan to offer a 6 seater pick-up truck over the next few days, which many owners have been asking about in the past.

This will be with U-Save, so not based on the airport, and unlike the other U-Save cars will be for age 25 and over only. Hopefully this will be a positive addition especially for villa owners who often need to move furniture around but also have the extra seating capacity.

I'll post again on the forum once this is officially available.

Tony G
05-01-2007, 07:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
To get the 8 seater Luxury SUV you just need to select the regular 8 seater from the quote page, then choose Budget as the supplier.
[/quote]

Hi Roger,

Could you please give us some examples of 8 seater SUVs? I Googled and could only find the GMC Yukon Denali in this range. Do other 8-seat SUVs have the same seating layout, or do the rear seats encroach on luggage room?

I love the idea of one, but I'm concerned that there will not be enough boot/'trunk' space for suitcases, as I'll probably be using it to drive to & from Miami (available flights are scarce for Easter)

caroline
05-01-2007, 12:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Roger - I just tried it but it doesn't say it's an SUV - should it? I thought this might be an option for us in October as we're taking some of Declans friends wth us so need something larger and Dave hates driving the van type of 8 seaters, buy I needed to check what the luggage space was like.

wilfy
05-01-2007, 13:19
Awwww, if we'd waited a week we could've saved ourselves a tenner [msnsad]. Having pointed this out to Sarah, she has said that we therefore have no choice but to go out for a second holiday later in the year to take advantage of these excellant prices.[msncool]

roger
05-01-2007, 14:59
To book the 8 Seater SUV with Budget (typically a Ford Excursion), just choose '8 Seater Minivan' from the main quote page, then select Budget as the supplier. Once you get to the next screen, you'll see the selection has changed from Minivan to SUV with the picture of the SUV.

The SUV holds 4 large cases plus 3 small cases.

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/images/suv-8seats.jpg

caroline
05-01-2007, 15:09
Brilliant, thanks Roger I'll check it out.

Rhosyn
05-01-2007, 18:36
Is it me or has the car Hire page gone back to the old one.

roger
05-01-2007, 19:15
It's just you [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rhosyn
Is it me or has the car Hire page gone back to the old one.
[/quote]

Florida Joy
05-01-2007, 19:17
Rodger, will you be adding Tampa to the list of Budget locations as I would like to hire an 8 seater luxury SUV. We fly into Tampa next June and it does not appear in the list of airports.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2007, 20:01
Yes, we've just added a new panel to the quote results for Budget in Florida (excluding MCO and SFB) [msnsmile]. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Florida Joy
Rodger, will you be adding Tampa to the list of Budget locations as I would like to hire an 8 seater luxury SUV. We fly into Tampa next June and it does not appear in the list of airports.

[/quote]

taylona
06-01-2007, 01:20
Oh no John and Roger! Nigel, my other half will have tooo much choice!!!:D :D I wonder what he'll try on our next trip?