PDA

View Full Version : Spidey

orlandobabe
01-03-2002, 20:28
Someone mentioned Spiderman on another thread so I've put it here so it doesn't get lost.

I don't do these hectic rides and mum and I let the rest of the family go on while we had a cup of tea.

Against our better judgement we were persuaded to go it as they were all raving like lunatics when they came off it.

Not having time to get panicstricken-as it was the end of the day and no queue-we were ushered striaght on!

Well my mum is 73 and I've never heard her use so many 4 letter words in her life- and when we staggered off-she had the nerve to say the same about me! Except I'm not 73!

It was brilliant-and I was dead scared. I can't say I enjoyed it-more like I experienced it!

I was looking for a badge afterwards-saying something like I survived 'Spidey!- and a very stiff brandy!

Orlandobabe

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-03-2002, 21:12
Spiderman has got to be one of the best rides at IOA. When we went last December it was the only ride in the whole park with a queue - only 20 minutes wait and well worth it.

If you go on one ride at IOA, make this the one!

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

esprit
03-03-2002, 20:35
I agree that Spiderman is just the best. It is when the hologram lands on the car that gets me, particularly if you are in the front row. Such technology!!!! It makes Back to the Future look dead in the water now. Huge queues so get a fast pass early in the morning. The last time we went, they had sold all the fast passes for the day by 1 pm and the queue was over one hour.

Julie Carty

AsylumGal
05-03-2002, 16:41
quote:
Huge queues so get a fast pass early in the morning. The last time we went, they had sold all the fast passes for the day by 1 pm and the queue was over one hour.

What is a fast pass?

AG

steph_goodrum
05-03-2002, 17:37
The message above is a little misleading in saying they had "sold" all the fast passes in an hour, as you don't pay for a fast pass.
Assylum Gal : The fast pass system works in the following way. On certain rides where they use the "fastpass " system you will find 2 entrances to the ride. The "standby queue " where you just queue for however long it takes to get on the ride, or the "fastpass queue", either beside the ride or at various places in the parks (check your guidebook for details of locations) you feed your park entry ticket through the machin and it will give you a 2 hour alloccated time slot for later in the day. You simply return to the ride any time within that slot and go straight into the Fastpass queue which will save you too long a queuing time. Above the ride where it tells you the approx queuing time there is a display which tells you what time the faspasses are currently being issued for, so you can decide on your best course of action.

Babblin Boo

imported_n/a
06-03-2002, 00:24
Are they called Fastpasses in Universal/IOA, I thought it was Express or something? It's Fastpass is Disney.

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 03:20
They are called Express in IOA and Universal, but its the same principal as the Disney FastPass.