PDA

View Full Version : The hulk

nelly
27-08-2003, 22:50
Deffinately do the front seat it is sooooo much better and well worth the extra wait.
It is now my firm belife that all coasters should be converted to start in the way the hulk does its tremendous.

RubAyr
29-08-2003, 00:30
I was just thinking the other night that if I
pluck up the courage when we go in March, I
might try the front seat on Hulk!
I hated coasters until I went to Florida 2 years
ago but now I'm starting to enjoy them...especially
Hulk...It's my fav ! :D

sunshine state
29-08-2003, 02:28
Yes the front seat is really great i love it when the ride launches off and your right at the front of it.

mikewj
29-08-2003, 03:18
You have to sit at the front...its the best place to be on any of the coasters.

I've never understood the people who go on about sitting at the back for the best ride. I'd rather see all of the twists, turns, bridges etc than the back of the chair in front. This is especially true on Duelling Dragons.

And if my 67 year old mum can enjoy sitting at the front of The Hulk, Dragons, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Montu, Kumba etc, anyone can !!

:)

sunshine state
29-08-2003, 03:25
Yes i totally agree with you its much better at that front you get to see all whats going on and all the twists your mum sure is brave to sit at the front or are you joking.

mikewj
29-08-2003, 13:00
She was undecided at first, but then thought "what the hell" and went on all of the big coasters, sitting at the front.

I was a bit worried about her to start with, but she took them all in her stride.

She even came off the Kraken saying "was that it ?" !!

nelly
30-08-2003, 18:23
(I've never understood the people who go on about sitting at the back for the best ride.)

the back is better in some cases, but not the inverted ones , ie; when you hang off the track rather than sit ontop of it, because as you point out there is so much metal in the way you ant see anything.

The back of the coaster gives a faster ride down hill than the front of it.

sammibabe
30-08-2003, 23:19
I am not very good on coasters but I can go on hulk (and have the picture to prove it) because of the way it starts. The bit that I can't stand is the long, slow, steep haul up to the top. It makes me shudder just thinking of it but with Hulk, of course you don't get that. I still feel like I am going to hyperventilate while I'm waiting in the queue

neilbrunton
01-09-2003, 15:47
Don't go on the front of the HULK when its raining. We tried it and it hurt like hell. Didn't see a thing spent the whole ride with our eyes shut.

Neil

athurstance
01-09-2003, 15:59
With the old wooden coasters the back is the place to be. When you get the long climb up the front cars go over the top really slowly because half the train is still coming up the hill. It is only in the back you get a full run over the top and down the big drop.
With coasters like the Hulk the front is definitely better - an absolute must of Duelling Dragons aswell. If you can't be bothered to queue for the front try and sit on the outside seats as this is much better than being in the middle as you see more.

chrizzy100
01-09-2003, 19:48
quote:Originally posted by athurstance

With the old wooden coasters the back is the place to be. When you get the long climb up the front cars go over the top really slowly because half the train is still coming up the hill. It is only in the back you get a full run over the top and down the big drop.
With coasters like the Hulk the front is definitely better - an absolute must of Duelling Dragons aswell. If you can't be bothered to queue for the front try and sit on the outside seats as this is much better than being in the middle as you see more.

I'm not that sure about roller coasters.....because of my back...I think space mountain was a mistake last time.....and I can't get people to come on rides with me thats anything out of the norm.....

RubAyr
29-04-2004, 21:32
Went on the front row for the first time in March and it was worth the wait !! :D

Although I did close my eyes as it shot out the tunnel [:I]

Ray&Sarah
30-04-2004, 00:23
Done hulk and thought it was brilliant! Didn't wait for the front though done that on other roller coasters and decided it wasn't worth waiting. THe back is good because you don't wait at the top as long!![msntongue][msnwink]

amy
30-04-2004, 00:42
When we where last in Universal we got talking to a roller coaster boffin who was touring the US writing a book on roller coaster, he claimed that the rear left was the most intence seat.
it was December and there where no queues so you coul keep riding so we tried 8 different seats on the run I prefered the front seats but he was right the rear was a lot faster.[:0]

bridget
01-05-2004, 16:37
Never been to Islands of Adventure but will be going in July. A few of you mention the start of the Hulk. Why is it so good?
Thankss [8D]

amy
02-05-2004, 01:40
because Dr Bannerman we have got the temperature just right....................[msnscared][msnscared]

chrisj
02-05-2004, 02:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bridget
Never been to Islands of Adventure but will be going in July. A few of you mention the start of the Hulk. Why is it so good?
Thankss [8D]
[/quote]

Thats the same as us, we have only ever done the Disney parks but this year as we have 3 weeks we are doing the universal ones as well :D

amy
02-05-2004, 02:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bridget
Thankss [8D]
[/quote]

Thats the same as us, we have only ever done the Disney parks but this year as we have 3 weeks we are doing the universal ones as well :D
[/quote]Well you will know all about the right temp then the start is so good, then you must try both ice and fire on duelling dragons, then go for lunch,it will save you a fortune, no one wants to eat then as their balance is well gone.

chrisj
02-05-2004, 02:30
With Emily im afraid it means we have to try everything :) even if I dont want to I have
to :)

Ray&Sarah
02-05-2004, 03:14
We would advise lunch after the duelling dragons, but for a different reason!!!:D:D:D

chrisj
02-05-2004, 03:23
I think I know what you mean

Ray&Sarah
02-05-2004, 03:54
You'll love it Chrisj, by the time you come home to the UK you'll be a rollercoaster maniac!:D

Ann-Marie
03-05-2004, 01:54
Well Chrisj, if it makes you feel any better, I have to go on it for the first time this year too! After being forced by my son Liam, to go on an upside down coaster at Disney's California Adventure CA last year,(it was a blast!) he says, if I was brave enough to go on that one, I must do the Hulk this year - it will be his first time too - we'll see whose the bravest!!

Looking forward to it, well until I'm next in the queue to board that is![msnscared]

Ann-Marie

bridget
19-07-2004, 04:01
Now I'm a bit of a chicken but Hulk is absolutely brilliant! I love it nearly as much as Spiderman. [msncool]

popintune
12-08-2004, 17:40
the hulk is brill never been on the front but sounds cool![msnwink]

lozza

Nostromo
12-08-2004, 17:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by popintune
the hulk is brill never been on the front but sounds cool!

lozza[msnwink]
[/quote]

Hulk is great from the front, but I felt it was even better from the last row where it seems more physical.

Kazzie
08-05-2007, 15:24
There is a separate queue for front riders.

Karen