PDA

View Full Version : Golf course table

The Count
13-12-2006, 14:46
Hi,
I made it back from what proved to be a really great golfing trip with my buddies (I am going back with the family in April, but not to golf:()As promise here is a little review of the courses we played and what we rated as roughly the best to the worst or should I say the magnificant to the very good,

HARMONY: Probably justs shades it as the best we played. Great condition, great course which is very pristeen and very good setting.Holes twelve and thirteen aren't quite up to the standard of the rest of the course but it was still tops for all four of us(I think)we even got a free beer from the manager of the course as we are from Ireland and he just LOVES coming to Ireland to play golf. cost $120 for two rounds on same day

PANTHER LAKE: Now here it gets a bit complicated as I dont think we fully agree on the order of the next few courses as we all have our personal favourites. However Panther lake is right up there for all of us and shades second for me as I had a P.B. for nine ( I wont tell you what that was as it will only underline my normally mediocre attempts at golf) and because the overall package is so good. As well as been a very fine course some of the holes are visually spectacular as well. The sat nav in the carts showing the layout for each hole with distance to the pin was a great asset for first time players. cost $140 for round on panther lake and crooked cat on same day.

SOUTHERN DUNES: The last course we played but right up there. The greens were great, really quick compared to most we played and with contours Dolly Parton would be proud of. Another visually pleasing course with some great photo opportunities. With so much sand it surely would be impossible to play without hitting the beach. Also the houses which line it's fairways weren't nearly as imposing as we had feared although we did quite generously donate some golf balls to the people living in them !!!!!! cost $70 which included $10 dollar discount coupon

EASTWOOD: A hidden surprise for us all as I thought that it was a great course. A very P.G.A. tour like course with lots (and lots) of water. A real monster of the back stakes and even the medium tees made it a very severe test. (forward tees were to forward though, I would suggest making the middle tees a little bit shorter, maybe by a couple of hundred yards)Cost $59 for two people per round,(really great value) even cheaper for second round in the afternoon.

DIAMOND BACK: The first course we played and what a great start it was. It was in very good condition when we played (I have read that this isn't always the case)there are also some great driving holes where placement brings great potential rewards. Tough par fives start both nines and the last three holes are both tough and visually pleasing. As good as value as you can get as we payed $37 and that includes lunch if you give them one of their coupons that seem to be in every local paper. cost $37 and either $28 or $18 for a re-rack (second round on the same day)

CROOKED CAT: Doesn't quite live up to its illustrious brother panther lake but it is still a very good course, more forgiving off the tee and not holding quite the same dangers around the greens. With the same sat nav system as Panther lake giving maps of each hole and distances to the pin it makes for some great golf. cost $140 for rounds on crooked cat and panther lake on the same day

FOREST LAKE: I am starting to struggle to differentiate between courses to an extent now but here was a very pleasant course with some very pleasing par threes, typical American with a long carry over water to a railway sleeper faced green. Although it doesn't quite stand out for me I still recall being impressed by the course, its condition and it's demands on the golfer. A friendly clubhouse as well with some actual members. cost $55 approx

NORTH SHORE: This was a course of contrasting nines. The first contained too many poor holes while the back was very good with some great driving holes and a variety of

Sue and Jere
13-12-2006, 15:16
Thanks for the report Paul.
Jere would be very interested in reading this when he gets home. He has only played on a few courses whilst over, many times at Southern Dunes. Not sure of the others.

chris c
13-12-2006, 16:00
Thanks from me too Paul!

Peter will really enjoy reading your report of all the courses and I'm sure he'll use the information when we go out next April!
Shame you won't be playing, you could have had a round together.[^]

He has, of course, played Southern Dunes several times and also Diamondback, but any excuse to try out lots more!:D:D:D

kokomo
13-12-2006, 16:07
Thanks for your input Paul, great information to pass onto guests.[msnsmile2]

alex
13-12-2006, 23:39
you could have booked harmony through ezlinks.com and played it for $42.00
for me it is in the top3 in orlando along with victoria hills and panther lake

MarkJan
14-12-2006, 01:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alex
you could have booked harmony through ezlinks.com and played it for $42.00
for me it is in the top3 in orlando along with victoria hills and panther lake [/quote]

Count, great review. Brings back so many memories!

Alex, that's good to know as I am looking at playing Harmony again in April.