PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Kazzie
09-12-2006, 03:46
My eldest son had pre-ordered one of these which was delivered today. The whole family have played on it all this evening and had a great time. I have only played on the bowling and tennis so far as I was out babysitting earlier, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. It is definitely more physical than any of the other games consoles and my arms is aching like mad now[msneek].

Karen

LesleyB
09-12-2006, 04:05
Well done Karen for getting one - we pre ordered through PC World but missed out on the first allocation. Just hoping that we get one before Christmas, otherwise we will have two very disappointed boys[msnsad]

Kazzie
09-12-2006, 04:16
What a shame that you didnt get one after pre-ordering. My son actually ordered 2 from different places and the one he ordered first has not materialised. I do hope you get one for your boys in time for Christmas, dont know how old they are but my son is 23 in March[msnembarrased], he will never grow up, he was up at the crack of dawn waiting for the delivery after spending the whole time from the evening before tracking it!

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LesleyB
Well done Karen for getting one - we pre ordered through PC World but missed out on the first allocation. Just hoping that we get one before Christmas, otherwise we will have two very disappointed boys[msnsad]
[/quote]

brendawilliams
09-12-2006, 04:19
I saw the queues on the TV this evening's news - there are a lot of hopeful people out there trying to get there hands on one.

Good Luck to anyone trying and Well Done to those that have managed buying one. [clap][clap]

Tracey
09-12-2006, 05:11
My son's had it pre-ordered from 2 sources and neither was successful today.

eagleydo
10-12-2006, 01:09
I had it pre-ordered, was suppose to arrive Friday but no show. Rang at 5pm, they said it was on the van and would arrive before 6.30pm. Rang in the evening and they said the driver had probably not finished is deliveries and I would receive today or Monday, they would ring to confirm today (didn't happen). I ordered from Argos, two months ago.

Kazzie
10-12-2006, 01:33
My son got his from Game, which he had obviously pre-ordered. He reckons that they are the shop that has great dealings with the major companies like Nintendo etc. so they seem to get the majority quota of the new games consoles.

Karen

gwendolinemary
11-12-2006, 14:28
My son collected his on Friday but he's not happy because I took it off him to wrap up and put under the tree!! Mind you he's 20 and old enough to understand that Santa doesn't come 'til Christmas Day!!

stabard
11-12-2006, 22:09
I had one pre ordered for Lee and it arrived on Friday. It is gonna be a surprise for him [msnsmile2] Shame he won't have time to play with it before we head off to Florida [msnwink]

eagleydo
12-12-2006, 01:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
I had it pre-ordered, was suppose to arrive Friday but no show. Rang at 5pm, they said it was on the van and would arrive before 6.30pm. Rang in the evening and they said the driver had probably not finished is deliveries and I would receive today or Monday, they would ring to confirm today (didn't happen). I ordered from Argos, two months ago.
[/quote]
Monday arrived, no delivery, rang again this afternoon. Today I was told that they hadn't received consoles, I explained that I already knew that my console was on a van on Friday to be delivered to me and I knew that others had received theirs, after being put through to 3 different people I finally was informed by a senior member of staff that I would definately receive by console 6pm. Guess what! came back from work at 9.30pm to find it hadn't arrived. Another phonecall and they have now given me the number for the delivery people and I can ring them after 8am tomorrow morning to confirm delivery time. Oh! and also they are going to send me some vouchers for the trouble and cost of having to ring them. Really nice but I think I would just prefer delivery of my console, that I paid for a month ago.(today I received my card statement showing the money had already been debited from my account)

sundowner
12-12-2006, 02:36
Hope it arrives for you Jan.

My son (29 year old)and a Dad, also wants this, but realises poor old Santa cannot afford it for him, as Santa wants to get lots of things for sons baby. He will be looking for a 'spare' one after Christmas to buy himself.
Mary

eagleydo
13-12-2006, 03:02
Tuesday came and went, No Delivery. Delivery person was just rude and unhelpfull. Back to Argos number again and now they are saying I will receive Tomorrow or the next day and also the woman who answered the phone apologised for the others lying to me for the past few days. Inspiring isn't it, can't say I have any confidence about receiving a delivery this week.

sundowner
14-12-2006, 22:46
On a lighter note - how do they think up these names.

I was in Woolies the other day and a little boy was shouting at the top of his voice "Mummy I want a Wii". Mummy told him "you cannot have a wii until after Christmas, so you will just have to wait".

Anyone not in the know, so to speak must have thought he had a very cruel Mummy.

Good luck again Jan for the delivery.

eagleydo
15-12-2006, 01:59
Finally arrived, very sheepish delivery man pushed it into my sons hand, gave him delivery paper to sign and scuttled quickly away without a word. Just to amuse us a letter arrived later saying my Console would arrive on the 8th Dec, nice to know. :D

sundowner
15-12-2006, 02:33
Would that be 8th Dec 2007 then !

eagleydo
15-12-2006, 03:27
Could be Mary, thats probably where I went wrong. This also means they delivered early and I should be grateful.[clap]

ncmurray
15-12-2006, 14:48
Do you know, reading all these posts, I think I might like one myself[xmas1]

eagleydo
16-12-2006, 01:56
If you can get one, do, great machine.

steph_goodrum
16-12-2006, 12:53
Makes me laught thuogh after all the hype after only 2 days they have found a fault with the strap on the remote, they keep snapping and sending the remote flying and have broken light fittings, windows etc and some people have got injuries from the glass. You can get a thicker strap replacement but until it arrives make sure you take extra care with it. At least it gets the children off the settee to play the games.

LesleyB
16-12-2006, 14:40
Well hopefully good news for us - PC World have sent an e-mail today saying they are processing our order and delivery will be 5-7 working days - touch and go whether the boys get it before or after Christmas [msneek]

Kazzie
16-12-2006, 23:49
I cant understand how people have had problems with the strap[msnoo] You are not supposed to let go of the remote on any of the games. Fair enough with the bowling game you may think that you would instinctively let go as you would with a real bowling ball, but you have to press a button on the back of the remote and then release the button at the time you would normally through the ball. If you are playing real tennis you dont let go of your racquet when you hit the ball and neither would you let go of your golf club if you were really playing golf! The people who have had the problems mentioned with the strap must be a bit odd in my opinion[msnwink]

I hope yours arrives in time for Christmas Lesley.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Makes me laught thuogh after all the hype after only 2 days they have found a fault with the strap on the remote, they keep snapping and sending the remote flying and have broken light fittings, windows etc and some people have got injuries from the glass. You can get a thicker strap replacement but until it arrives make sure you take extra care with it. At least it gets the children off the settee to play the games.
[/quote]

LesleyB
17-12-2006, 00:41
Thanks Karen - hopefully Santa can bring it in time for the Santa treasure hunt in our house[msnwink]

LesleyB
25-12-2006, 11:18
This morning we have two VERY happy boys - Santa apparently managed to track down the Wii and brought it to our house to find in the treasure hunt [msnsmile2] Now only three hours to wait before their Dad figures out how to plug it in [msnwink]