PDA

View Full Version : Universal Parks - Should We Go??

peewee
08-12-2006, 15:59
Hi,
We went to Florida in June and loved it so much we are going out again next week for Christmas. We did all four Disney Parks and Seaworld so are thinking about the two Universal parks this time. My only concern is will it be worthwhile. We don't like rides in general so never do Alton Towers etc in the UK but i think we did quite well at Disney - we couldn't bring ourselves to do the Aerosmith ride and although we went on Tower of Terror never again! but did Space Mountain, Test Track and the simulator rides. I don't think we can do big rollercoasters or anything that goes upside down - so will we find enough rides for us to make it worth paying the entrance money? Which rides do we avoid ? -the Hulk ride and Doctor Doom look definite non-starters to me!
Thanks in advance for your comments.

CarolAnn
08-12-2006, 16:22
I have to say "Yes" it would be worth going to Universal, my husband and I are not scary ride freaks at all, but there is plenty to do and see, and rides that are more on the quieter side! I am sure the atmosphere alone will be worth it at this time of year[msnsmile2] have fun!!

becbecs
08-12-2006, 16:41
We would say yes, although we have only been to Universal once before we thought it was excellent. We are over in 8 days and have a ticket that allows us into both Universal and IOA so can't wait.
Got the ticket from the link above.

Albert the Frog
08-12-2006, 16:45
I shouldn't have read this really because of the fantastic memories I'm now having-I hate the "big" rides, going upside down and all that-it's not for me, but the Universal Parks are by far and away my favourites. There are characters wandering about, plenty of "fun" rides like Popeyes barges, Dudley Do right-there's the whole Jurassic park thing,Dr Seuss,Spiderman,Men In Black,Citywalk,the shows,literally IMHO something for everybody-the atmosphere i feel is always buzzing , they have shows in Citywalk featuring some top name acts-all free (I missed the O'Jays and The Four Tops by a fortnight last year (Doh!)). I would definitely give it a whirl.

eagleydo
08-12-2006, 18:50
Universal is great we go every time. I don't do big rides like the Hulk, have never gone to Alton Towers but love to go to Universal.

sundowner
08-12-2006, 19:15
I think you will enjoy Universal and IoA. If you do go on the rides, quite a lot are simulators, so unless you have a back/neck problem they would be ok - just close your eyes at the scary bits.

There are also a lot of shows you can go to.

In Islands of Adventure I went on a train ride in Dr Seuss, that's the fastest I will go and it is in the kiddies section.
Mary

MarkJan
08-12-2006, 19:35
After going to any US theme park I wouldn't go to Alton Towers again and haven't for years. Universal & IOA have something for everybody.

chrizzy100
08-12-2006, 19:55
I have had a broken neck...I go on most things at all the parks...apart from rollercoaster which I don't like that much....I like Universal and IOA....and we go about 5 times plus each trip....

freddiehollie
08-12-2006, 20:20
Its a yes from us as well. Rachel does'nt like any sort of fast or scary ride[:O]
But there is plenty of other things to do[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

jovi
08-12-2006, 23:13
I don't like fast rides but I love IOA and US, you must try Jaws, one of my favourites[msnsmile2]

dawn burley
08-12-2006, 23:40
Remember to wait and have a chat with Donkey after the Shrek 3-D ride at Universal. He is hilarious[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
09-12-2006, 00:12
Oh Yes Dawn, you are right:) Donkey was REALLY funny, we caught him and Shrek in October[msncool]

brendawilliams
09-12-2006, 04:54
Definitely, we were over in October with one of my sons who is a film buff and he loved it, said it was even better than the main Disney park.

ali-uk
12-12-2006, 01:17
Hi
I dont like any rollercoaster rides and enjoyed both parks, loved shrek 4d and chatting to donkey after the show this was one of the hilights of the holiday he is hilarious. The blues brother did a show outside in the street singing and dancing, brilliant, loved the shops at city walk,a place in-between the two parks, if your going back there for the second time DO IT you might not go again, were not going again cant afford it[msncry] so really glad we did it[msnwink]

sundowner
12-12-2006, 01:27
Ali-UK, never say never !!!! We said that after our second time around 15 years ago. Somehow, over the years we keep going back for more. The 'kids' were even more keen once they were over 21. We loved it so much, we bought a villa there.

This year is the first year we have done the Disney parks (apart from Epcot). I agree with everyone else, Donkey is soooo funny after the show. I would stand all day listening to him if the family didn't drag me away.
Go, you will not regret it.
Mary

Kazzie
12-12-2006, 03:02
Peewee (Martin), The scarier of the rides are found in "Marvel Super Hero Island" in Islands of Adventure. There are 4 other parts in Islands of Adventure alone, with loads to do that are not at all scary. Universal Studios itself also has loads to do too with lots of shows and characters to see. Don't miss Animal Actors on Location in Woody Woodpeckers Kidzone, its a great show for all ages. In my opinion you must try both the parks, buy your tickets from the link above and you can't go wrong. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves [msnsmile]

Karen

peewee
14-12-2006, 00:21
Thank you all for your replies - tickets now booked!

Friday morning and we're off ! :-)

glasgowmary
14-12-2006, 01:51
you will have a ball , i soo love it there maybe pass you in the crowd we go christmas eve . merry christmas mary

eagleydo
14-12-2006, 02:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by peewee
Thank you all for your replies - tickets now booked!

Friday morning and we're off ! :-)
[/quote]
Have a great time!!!

Pegasus928
06-01-2007, 08:22
PeeWee

If you want I can give you a link to our website which has a short video clip of Donkey chatting to my kids and my Mum.
As others have said, this was the highlight of our last trip too.
Drop me a DM if you are interested
Pegasus