PDA

View Full Version : Parks for 2 yr old

charles
26-11-2006, 13:43
Has anyone been to Florida with a 2 yr old? What parks would you reccommend or not reccommend? We've been loads as adults on our own, but we are going next year with our 2 year old daughter.

Many thanks

LiesaAnna
26-11-2006, 13:50
our grandson was 2 jan this year and we went last sept/oct, he adored seaworld, he loved all the "fishes" etc
he also went to universal with his parents and loved that also!

am sure she would love magic kingdom although she maybe a little scared of all the costumed people but then she may not, hope you and she have a wonderful time!!!!

hopefully you can let us know your experiances where your little girl is concerned, her likes and dislikes?

pieman790
26-11-2006, 14:07
MK is a must for young Children, as is Sea World and Universal

Doc
26-11-2006, 14:32
Our two year loved Cypress Gardens, has a section with kids rides, a great carousel, lovely gardens, the ski show and I think it now has a water park too.

Green meadows petting farm is a favourite too, a little tough if its too humid but good fun..

CarolAnn
26-11-2006, 14:51
Our daughter went her first time as a 16 month old, and we did all of the Disney parks(No AK at the time) , though MK and MGM were obviously the better ones for her. Seaworld was a real success too. To be honest I wouldn't attempt Universal, unless you guys are really keen your selves? Perhaps get more days in the Disney parks so that you can spread the experience a biy more for her.
The thing we found, was that the Disney parks were quite tiring for our daughter , but of course Seaworld is more shows, so that was great. I do have a number of photos of her with the characters, where she was a bit wary of them (which I wasn't expecting [msneek]), so something to be aware of. Didn't put her off mind, she has been lucky enough to go every year since and she is 14 now.[msnscared]

chris c
26-11-2006, 17:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Doc

Our two year loved Cypress Gardens, has a section with kids rides, a great carousel, lovely gardens, the ski show and I think it now has a water park too.

Green meadows petting farm is a favourite too, a little tough if its too humid but good fun..
[/quote]

I would agree with the recommendation for Cypress Gardens for very young children. Our daughter went out in May with her two little girls (then aged 2½ and 1) and said that it was the best park they visited when it came to rides for the children! Also not as expensive as some of the other parks and you can go free for a second visit as long as it is within 6 days of the initial one.

millie
26-11-2006, 23:50
We took our little girl at 21 months and she loved it. Her favourites were the Magic Kingdom and she loved Animal Kingdom. We took her to IOA and although she liked the Suess bit that was really all she could do so it was a wasted day for us. There is only a bit at universal too that is OK so maybe you could do both in one day?

She loved looking at the animals in AK, on the safari and the walking bit. She loved the Lion King show and the Boneyard.
In Epcot - the Imagination building was great. The effects on the ride were sometimes a bit much but in the area you enter after the ride she spent ages jumping on the lighted squares to make the noises! That was great. She also loved the different things at Innoventions as she could get hands on.
Parades were all a hit as were the shows like the castle one and Beauty and the Beast.
In the Magic Kingdon there was not a lot she didn't enjoy. Big smiles came when she went on the racing cars with Daddy and he popped her on his knee when they left the loading area. She loved driving!

In think in general its a lovely age to take them. They are so amazed by it all. And the bay swap facility helps a great deal. Just be careful of some of the effects as for a 2 year old they can be a bit intense.

What we found really useful is we played Disney DVDs to her and read all the stories so when she saw characters and was on rides and seeign shows she knew some of the characters and stories. I think that helped.
Have a great time!
L

charles
01-12-2006, 18:40
Thanks everyone. I'm sure she'll have a great time, even if she won't remember much about it when she's older![msnsad]

ujpest doza
04-01-2007, 16:01
Mine has been when she was 13 months and 23 months to Florida and also 5 months, 2 years and 3 years to Disneyland Paris and is going back to Florida this year when she is 4 with her new baby sister.

She loves it and there is something for every age group and as she gets older bigger rides etc become available to her.

mizzy
04-01-2007, 16:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by charles
Has anyone been to Florida with a 2 yr old? What parks would you reccommend or not reccommend? We've been loads as adults on our own, but we are going next year with our 2 year old daughter.

Many thanks
[/quote]

my children are now 13 and 10yrs and although we didn't visit florida until two years ago we have visited disneyland paris many times when my youngest was still very small, i think he was 2 1/2 on his first visit

in answer to your question i think it would very much depend on the personality and nature of the child, the characters are pretty big for a toddler so if she's quite shy then there maybe tears or maybe not, you never can tell how they will react

you can pick up a guide book and park maps at city hall and the entrances of most parks which will help you plan your day, these will have details of suitable attractions and will also give details of shows/rides with very sudden loud noises etc, for example lights motors action on mgm has some very loud explosives which can be frightening we also found the noise in indiana jones a bit too much

personally universal has never been an attraction for my children they are too old for cat in the hat and have never been a fan of dr suess also not keen on superheros or thrill rides so we tend to concentrate on disney and seaworld, seaworld being a lovely park to start off in

i would say that less is more for a first visit with a toddler and i would recommend you use the baby swap facility if you both want to do a ride that you cannot take a small child on to, you all queue up and one adult rides whilst the other minds the baby then you swap over at the front of the line so you don't have to queue twice

i would also say that a disney character meal is a good idea, you have your toddler much higher up in a high chair when they are first introduced to the characters so they don't look so scary from this view point

i'm sure whatever you decided to do you will all have a great holiday and she'll have a lovely time

Mizzy

dawn burley
04-01-2007, 17:56
Busch Gardens is also very good for young children with many small rides, shows and animals etc.

pbensur
04-01-2007, 20:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by charles
Thanks everyone. I'm sure she'll have a great time, even if she won't remember much about it when she's older![msnsad]
[/quote]

She'll remember - she may just need a little help! Take lots of pictures and put them in her very own photo album and keep it with her storybooks in her bedroom. She'll look through it often and that will keep the memories alive! [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
04-01-2007, 22:07
this is at seaworld

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/LiesaAnna/20051018234815_4705EA8D5A-B265-6B39-36CCA0502276A8A4.JPG

Paula D-S
04-01-2007, 23:06
We have always travelled with our little ones from the age of 3 months. For two year olds I would recommend Busch Gardens as it has a great play area, IOA for Seuss Landing, again this has a lovely water play area and Cypress Gardens is great for little ones too, it does also have a water park and you can easily fit in the two in one day.

Leisa, another lovely picture of your little Bradley.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
05-01-2007, 01:55
thanks Paula xx

andrewandcarole
05-01-2007, 07:54
What a gorgeous picture Liesa!

Carole