PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire Question - adding driver after collection

zanderbuchan
25-11-2006, 14:43
John/Roger,

Wife is arriving at TPA 8 hours ahead of me and plans to pick up rental car and drive up to Brooksville. I get in around midnight and will get taxi.
What are our options for getting me added as second driver, I'm assuming that they won't add me on intial pick up if I'm not there in person, even if missus presents my licence.
Will we need to present agreement back at TPA next day and will they add me then without voucher.

thanks

Jo
25-11-2006, 14:59
I think you can do it at any DOllar depot , you don't need to go right back to the airport.

roger
25-11-2006, 15:15
You will need to show your license in person before you can drive, although this can be done at any convenient depot. Make sure when you go to the depot to add yourself on, that your wife is present and you take the paperwork that Dollar will have given your wife on collection of the car.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by zanderbuchan

John/Roger,

Wife is arriving at TPA 8 hours ahead of me and plans to pick up rental car and drive up to Brooksville. I get in around midnight and will get taxi.
What are our options for getting me added as second driver, I'm assuming that they won't add me on intial pick up if I'm not there in person, even if missus presents my licence.
Will we need to present agreement back at TPA next day and will they add me then without voucher.

thanks
[/quote]

DaveL
26-11-2006, 07:46
Just a a friend on to my car today. No problem and the whole process only took about 5 minutes.

Dave

andrewandcarole
26-11-2006, 16:27
Yes - added my daughter last Christmas at the office on the 192 - no problems at all!

Carole