PDA

View Full Version : december 2002 trip

brizzle
25-08-2003, 14:32
After a bit of coaxing the eldest has her picture
taken with Snow White or as she calls her Snow Wipe!!!
/forums/Data/2003825102459_neil_syd_snow-white_mk.jpg

youngest meets Minnie at the grand old age of 3.5 months..
/forums/Data/2003825102811_libby_minnie.jpg

Where's my adoring public?
/forums/Data/200382510308_neil_syd_castle_mk.jpg

Looking forward to December 2003 :D

Brizzle

chrisj
25-08-2003, 22:28
Great pictures

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-08-2003, 00:09
Great pictures Brizzel. Thanks for posting them. For me there is no better place on earth for small children and their parents.

Once on a flight from Washington to Orlando I was quizzed by a traveller as to why I bothered taking my children to Disney when they would were too young to remember it in later life!!!!. As you've been you will know why - I didn't waste any time or energy explaining to the fellow traveller.

Sarah

brizzle
26-08-2003, 00:24
We had the exact same thing but they were also saying it about our at that time just under 3 year old daughter as well. She won't remember it they said.
Well she still talks about it now 8 months later....she even remembers Shamu's name which surprises me tbh.

As for the young one, we have pictures to prove she was there :)
...and she might remember this Dec or next Nov but if not the memory will be tucked in there somewhere and I'm sure she will enjoy the experience in real time.

Nothing beat the feeling of my daughter spotting the castle on the boat over and bouncing whilst singing 'castle, castle, castle' non-stop the rest of the way

Briz

caroline
26-08-2003, 02:22
It doesn't matter that the children are too young to remember - you have the pleasure of seeing their faces and YOU have the memory of them enjoying it:)

langley
26-08-2003, 20:15
Hi

We took our then 3Year old son and our ten month old daughter to Disneyland Paris one Christmas and he absolutely enjoyed it, and my daughter loved the parades at that age. We also took the video camera and they watch the trip time and time again and think it's great.

I know when we bring them to Florida hopefully next Easter they will both enjoy it tremendously. (Son will be 5 & Daughter 3)

You can never be too young or too old for Disney I think.

Rob & Carol

chrizzy100
26-08-2003, 21:40
quote:Originally posted by langley

Hi

We took our then 3Year old son and our ten month old daughter to Disneyland Paris one Christmas and he absolutely enjoyed it, and my daughter loved the parades at that age. We also took the video camera and they watch the trip time and time again and think it's great.

I know when we bring them to Florida hopefully next Easter they will both enjoy it tremendously. (Son will be 5 & Daughter 3)

You can never be too young or too old for Disney I think.

Rob & Carol

I wanted until my son was 4 for his first trip....mostly because he hated travaling at the best of times....my daughter used to go to Orlando with her grandparents....then we started going for Christmas.....I love it there Christmas time.......the cool evenings....the warm days....gezzzz......I wanta be there now........hehehehehehehehehe

sarahjk
27-08-2003, 01:24
I agree our youngest daughter was 9 months old the first time and 2 years old the next time she still talks about it and loves looking through the piccys and her nursery teachers tell us all the time how she never stops talking about going and when we will be returning which amazes them
Children remember more than most people give them credit for
Or that is my opinion anyway and I was a playgroup leader
[:o)]

millie
27-08-2003, 23:52
I agree![:I]
Our little girl was 21 months when we took her in June and she has not stopped talking about it since. She loves looking at the photos and can still remember everything in them. The video is demanded every other day and she loves to point out things like the monorail!! I am really glad we took her when we did as it was very special to not only us but I think also to her.;)

brizzle
28-08-2003, 01:51
Well all our experiences shape the person we become, so even if the little ones don't 'remember it' it does affect them I think.

Wow, that sounded profund... too much beer I think :D

Briz

Calamity Jane
13-09-2003, 04:01
I have been a nursery nure for 12 years and everything to a child is very visual, my own grandchildren ( or at least the eldest one has been out there since he was 9 months old and now he is nearly 5. He remembers everything, talking with children and showing them things are the major part of their learing.
They will digest more information before they are 5 years old than what you will do for the rest of your life.
If you spend the time and make the effort they will remember memories from a very early age, it is so worth it.
I have lost count of how many guests who have said they have left Florida Disney till their kids will appreciate it( aged 6years +)if only they knew!!!!!!!![:I]