PDA

View Full Version : Gold Option for Dollar Car Hire

floridageoff
23-11-2006, 03:10
Roger

Our daughter is a Dollar Express member and is picking her car up on Saturday from MCO. Just to make absolutely sure that she has filled in her profile on the Dollar Express site correctly can I ask a question please?

She has chosen the Gold Option so has the pre-paid fuel on her car hire voucher. On the Dollar Express website does she select or decline the prepurchased fuel?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

ShirleyD
23-11-2006, 03:28
Well I didn't know the answer to this either, so said no as I assumed when I did choose it, that the voucher would over ride my dollar express options

shenon
23-11-2006, 06:02
We went for the gold option as always and after picking up our car on Saturday, we discovered the tank was only a quarter full, we had already driven off and had waited already in lots of queues and so did not return but will always check in future.

jackie greaves
23-11-2006, 11:57
We decline everything when we applied for our Dollar Express, and have never had any problmes, and we always puchase the gold option from this site.

roger
23-11-2006, 12:14
This is covered on the following page on the FAQ:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-dollar-express.aspx

but in summary, on the Silver then accept pre-paid fuel and on the Gold then decline the pre-paid fuel.

It shouldn't really make much difference if the person on the desk does exactly as they should, but there is the risk that they use the information from your Express membership profile rather than what is stated on your voucher.

ShirleyD
23-11-2006, 13:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
This is covered on the following page on the FAQ:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-dollar-express.aspx

but in summary, on the Silver then accept pre-paid fuel and on the Gold then decline the pre-paid fuel.

It shouldn't really make much difference if the person on the desk does exactly as they should, but there is the risk that they use the information from your Express membership profile rather than what is stated on your voucher.
[/quote]
Will always check to be on the safe side, but we don't always take the same option

floridageoff
23-11-2006, 16:42
Thanks Roger, I knew I had read it somewhere, I just couldn't remember where [msnsmile2]