View Full Version : late returning

bushbaby
21-11-2006, 19:55
has anyone ever returned car back to dollar at a later time than arrival

I did and got charged $72 extra.
we picked up car at 3:30 pm and returned at 4:45 pm

I am a dollar express card holder but didn't seem to matter

Am considering sending them a email to claim it back
Explaining I have used dollar 5 times in the last 2 years.

Tell them i'll change to alamo

however the express card is very good at que jumping

fuming bushbaby

roger
21-11-2006, 20:21
This is always tricky, as Dollar (and Alamo) have a very strict 59 minute grace period. Once you exceed 59 minutes, they do have a right to charge you. They will probably have charged you 2 hours car rental, then 1 day of the various insurances. The rental companies do have to plan for cars to go back out to other clients, so it is understandable they should charge you for this. On the rental agreement you signed when you collected the car, the expected late charges would have been listed.

Even if you switched to Alamo, you'll find they have the same strict (if not stricter) policy.

Having said that, it's worth trying to get the day charge back as you were only around 15 minutes over the grace period. If you booked through us, drop me an email to info@uscarhire.co.uk with your order number and rental agreement number (from the paperwork from Dollar) and I'll see what I can do. It can take 4-5 weeks for an answer though.

If you have already contacted Dollar about this directly, then it would case more problems if we also opened a case for you with them.

bushbaby
22-11-2006, 06:12
thanks roger
I always book through uscarhire

i will dig out my details and email you as I havent yet spoke to dollar

bushbaby

wendyd
23-11-2006, 16:09
We returned ours late last month due to our flight outof Orlando been delayed. i have recevied my credit card bill and have not been charged for arriving back late we have used dollar 5 times in one year don't know if that would make any differance or not.
Wendy

roger
23-11-2006, 20:57
I have looked at your booking, and the reason you were not charged is that you collected around 15:00 and were due to drop off around 18:00. Therefore you had already paid us for an extra day, so you could have returned as late as the following day at 15:00 without being charged.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wendyd
We returned ours late last month due to our flight outof Orlando been delayed. i have recevied my credit card bill and have not been charged for arriving back late we have used dollar 5 times in one year don't know if that would make any differance or not.
Wendy
[/quote]

wendyd
24-11-2006, 02:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
I have looked at your booking, and the reason you were not charged is that you collected around 15:00 and were due to drop off around 18:00. Therefore you had already paid us for an extra day, so you could have returned as late as the following day at 15:00 without being charged.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wendyd
Wendy
[/quote]
[/quote]
thanks Roger

daffy
17-04-2007, 17:55
Hi everyone - this is my first post[msnsmile2]
First can I say that I am really, really pleased that I found this forum - what a wealth of useful information!
Back to the topic. I have booked my rental through uscarhire (of course). I am pretty sure that our flight times will change from the ones shown on our flight booking, so for pick-up & drop-off times I just put 12.00 mid-day.
My question - is it possible to change these times closer to my flight date, when (hopefully) I have a more certain idea of when we will fly?

chris c
17-04-2007, 23:48
There is never a problem making amendments to your car hire booking through this site!

I should know, I seem to do it often enough! Not only that, but there is no charge for alterations.

[clap]

roger
18-04-2007, 00:35
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

You can amend your order as many times as you need - we do not charge amendment fees. As long as you dont leave it until just before you fly we will have time to amend and re-issue your voucher.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daffy
Hi everyone - this is my first post[msnsmile2]
First can I say that I am really, really pleased that I found this forum - what a wealth of useful information!
Back to the topic. I have booked my rental through uscarhire (of course). I am pretty sure that our flight times will change from the ones shown on our flight booking, so for pick-up & drop-off times I just put 12.00 mid-day.
My question - is it possible to change these times closer to my flight date, when (hopefully) I have a more certain idea of when we will fly?
[/quote]

daffy
18-04-2007, 12:06
Thank you for the welcome.

That is good to know. Nearer the time (July) I will ammend the times if need be.

Thanks again.