PDA

View Full Version : Celebration

sarahjk
25-08-2003, 01:05
Hi

I have been looking for new things to do this year and christmassy things as well I have had a look at the celbration web site and it sounds like the christmas entertainment will be good[8D]
Has anyone ever been and if so how was it and what did it look like was it good for the kids we have an 11 and 4 year old who both get into the christmas spirit in fact they are already looking through the Argos for their lists now[:0]

Thanks

Sarah

esprit
25-08-2003, 17:54
As a proud permanent resident of Celebration, I will be sure to bring all the entertainment programme both for Halloween and Christmas to everyones attention as soon as we find out the information over the intranet.
Last year, as well as the nightly snowfalls in Market Street, there was also a Santa Claus grotto for the kids by lakeside, sleigh ( well carriage) rides around the town and the shops and houses were all beautifully festively decorated. And of course there are the carols and Xmas music from the singing mushrooms on the sidewalk ( boy, do we take some stick because of those when they are playing muzack but with carols it seems right somehow). There ars some great shops in restaurants in town too. Now must go and buy my fairy lights for my porch in readiness!!!

sarahjk
25-08-2003, 21:46
Thanks Julie

Is living in Celebration as nice as it looks
Last year we drove round the town for a look and it all looks idylic and peacefull
We have had a look at the website and seen a couple of nice places we want to try for a meal can you recommend anywhere in particular with 2 kids in tow[:o)] as we never go anywhere without them we like to try most things while we are on hols

Thanks Sarah:)

dbrook
25-08-2003, 22:20
Julie can you let me have the website address please for Celebration as we don't know Celebration at all and would love to learn more and explore next Christmas when we are next over (what a long wait!!).

fiona
25-08-2003, 22:44
Celebration at Christmas looks fabulous. Wonderful lights make it a truly enchanting place to look at, Father Christmas in a gingerbread house overlooking the lake and snow!

sarahjk
25-08-2003, 22:58
Hi Diane

The website address for Celebration is
www.celebrationfl.com

Sarah

dbrook
25-08-2003, 23:45
Thanks Sarah - it's filed in my favourites now!

Diane

esprit
26-08-2003, 08:28
Yes, I do love it and yes it is idyllic. What most people dont know is how far it goes back, there are 5000 homes!!! Most people see the bit between 192 and downtown which is north village not realising that there is a south village and a east village ( where I live) as well to the far side of downtown. Most people dont realise also that there are vast areas of conservation with boardwalks over between the residential areas. We have seen three gators and believe it or not a fully grown Florida deer in the Celebration conservation.
Good places for kids. Well right now, with it being warm they are all jumping around in the dancing fountains getting wet, they all seem to really enjoy that. The Celebration Tavern has tables outside and is a nice place to eat, and what about the ice cream shop and the cute little AMC cinema!!

sarahjk
26-08-2003, 16:00
Thanks Julie

We will def try the Tavern and the ice cream shop and we will have to have a better walk round and look around all the sites this time we were planning on making a night out at Celebration this year as the chrissy calander already looks good and from your description we should have a great time walking round and the girls are mad on animals of all descriptions :)

Thanks

Sarah

esprit
26-08-2003, 17:55
The boardwalks are lit at night too. There is one starting round the back of the lake behind the Celebration Hotel on the carpark side. You pass Lake Evelyn, then enter a further boardwalk the other side of that and walk past a further lake and some million dollar mansions ( well one is 3.2 million- green!!). That is the quickest way for me to walk to downtown as that route brings you into east village. There are currently two gators in the second lake.

Maureen Edwards
26-08-2003, 19:39
Hi Julie,
Are visitors restricted to which areas they can visit in Celebration?I remember looking accross the little bridge near Market Street and seeing a sign for 'residents only'. I didn't realise it was so big! I must go exploring when we re-visit in November. Do you know what date everything Xmassy starts? We arrive 17 Nov and leave on 2nd Dec. Hope it is all happening by then! I absolutely love Christmas and know from past experience that Florida residents do too[8D]

Maureen Edwards
26-08-2003, 19:42
Julie, by the way, I only signed up to this forum a short time ago, but have been reading your 'Diary of an ex-pat' I have made sure each time I enter the forum I read up two or three pages. I am almost finished, so get writing and make me even more envious! The photographs are superb, lucky, lucky you![}:)]

sarahjk
26-08-2003, 19:48
It sounds really good 3.2 million WOW I would love to see that ones facilities but they do say it isnt everything and cant buy love but wishhhhhhhhhh

Looks like we will be having a couple of very late nights then if the boardwalks are lit so we can have a nice meal and walk and we are doing Mickeys C P as well kids will be exhausted we might get a couple of late mornings hm some dream saying that Florida is the only place I hate sleeping in late anyway dont want to miss anytime of the 2 weeks:D

esprit
26-08-2003, 22:12
As far as I have seen, the only places which are residents only are the communal pools and sports facilities. Xmas seems to start December 1st!!

chrizzy100
26-08-2003, 22:44
quote:Originally posted by Maureen Edwards

Hi Julie,
Are visitors restricted to which areas they can visit in Celebration?I remember looking accross the little bridge near Market Street and seeing a sign for 'residents only'. I didn't realise it was so big! I must go exploring when we re-visit in November. Do you know what date everything Xmassy starts? We arrive 17 Nov and leave on 2nd Dec. Hope it is all happening by then! I absolutely love Christmas and know from past experience that Florida residents do too[8D]

I don't know about FL...but up here most people have made a start on Christmas around thanksgiving.....I remember seeing lighted moving reindeer and candycanes on my first trip to FL at Christmas.....and they were the first things on my list when we moved over here......lucky my daughter works at the Christmas Tree Shop...so I just go there and spend spend spend Christmas time......

Lesley S
26-08-2003, 22:51
Pictures of the snow at christmas time in celebration.

/forums/Data/2003826184958_snow5.jpg

/forums/Data/2003826185019_snow3.jpg

/forums/Data/2003826185140_snow1.jpg

esprit
26-08-2003, 23:37
I just checked and they are actually starting the nightly snowfalls on Nov 28th so yes, straight after Yhanksgiving.

sarahjk
27-08-2003, 01:34
Hiya
The pics are great although does anyone else agree that being used to cold brrrrrrrrrbritish weather it looks weird to see people with tans and shorts albeit with a jacket on, with snow
The snow does look real from the pics is it a snow machine or just some kind of confetti
Will def be doing Celabration after all the info and pics as it looks and sounds like the kind of thing all 4 of us would love

MTP
28-08-2003, 02:13
Celebration at Christmas is really wonderful. We are big Celebration fans and I have read two books about the town since visiting it, one good one not so good. If I had to choose a Santa to take the kids to in Fl, this would be one location I would choose. I agree that the Tavern is good to eat at, try to get a table outside. Surprisingly when we were there it was reviewed in the Orlando Sentinel and didn't do too well, but we like it. Our eldest (4 at last visit) went wild in the snow (foam), but it is a little sticky so you may want to take wipes if you don't like that kind of thing.

I have an interesting photo from our last holiday, but I am waiting for Dell to send me replacement memory chips for that PC, so that machine is down at the moment, will post it when I can. Our daughter also loved the interactive fountain, and got soaked. Other folks thought we were mad letting her get soaked in the cold weather at that time of year. It was just before we headed home, and she got bundled in to the car and wrapped in Mum's coat to get her home.

Celebreation has a lovely feel to it.

MTP
28-08-2003, 02:20
Where can I find the "Diary of an ex-pat", I tried a search to no avail. I would be interested in something like this as we are considering crossing the pond.

sarahjk
28-08-2003, 22:17
Hiya MTP

I think that the diary must be on the villa owners part of the forum as I have had a look for it as well to no avail

MTP
01-09-2003, 00:33
Wahey, I have memory in my computer again (just kinda helps!)

This is the photo I was talking about, I just saw the reflection in the bauble in celebreation and wondered how it would come out. Plus our daughter was going through a "I don't want my photo taken" phase, so this was a very sneeky way to do it.

Makes for a different family photo!

/forums/Data/2003831203256_Celebration Bauble.jpg

sarahjk
01-09-2003, 01:17
WOW

That is a really great photo

How old is your daughter it must be something about girls our youngest is coming up to 4 and its murder trying to get a pic of her at the moment[}:)]bribery is about the best bet although can be very expensive:(

Sarah:D

MTP
01-09-2003, 01:51
She was four then. Using Disney holidays is good bribery, as lots of people will be wanting to take her photo there. If we couldn't take her photo to remember the holiday, then would it really be worth going? Isn't parenting an awfully devious profession!!

Euan

chrizzy100
01-09-2003, 02:16
quote:Originally posted by sarahjk

Hiya MTP

I think that the diary must be on the villa owners part of the forum as I have had a look for it as well to no avail

Maybe if we ask nice...Julie will put a copy out here for us lot.......:)

sarahjk
02-09-2003, 01:40
Yes lets try and quick before she decides to sell the rights instead as a few people are now talking about it and she may get ideas:D