PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie's steak house

nelly
24-08-2003, 19:27
The service was good and the food was good, nice big steak.
But they charge extra and i mean $8 extra for each vegetable and the sauce on top too.
We went once it cost $150 plus the tip for a meal that was equalled by every where else, for half the price.

And I made sure they new it, in fact a lad at the table next to us screamed 'one hundred dollars?' when he got his bill. He left a 91 cent tip.

which is 91 cents more than I did. i know you are supposed to tip but as pointed out to the waiter, if his boss is charging double what everyware else is charging, then his boss can double his wages too.

I am not a tight person we spent nearly 6 grand all together on this holliday, but that meal simply was not worth it, and I suggest you dont bother yourself.

florida4sun
24-08-2003, 19:48
Never heard of ronnies, where is it? I frequent charlies which is excellent.

Martin

chrisj
24-08-2003, 22:49
Was there a lot of you as that does sound expensive

kim
25-08-2003, 07:26
This happened to someone I knew.They got Ronnies mixed up with Charlies and ended up paying a lot of money.I know you say it was expensive but was the price not on the menu.?
We went to Vegas earlier this year and went for Steak in a nice place.The menu's did not have any prices and when the bill came out it was in the region of $100 for the 2 of us,no stater or desert either.But the staff was very plesent and so we did leave a 15% tip.

chrizzy100
25-08-2003, 19:14
quote:Originally posted by kim

This happened to someone I knew.They got Ronnies mixed up with Charlies and ended up paying a lot of money.I know you say it was expensive but was the price not on the menu.?
We went to Vegas earlier this year and went for Steak in a nice place.The menu's did not have any prices and when the bill came out it was in the region of $100 for the 2 of us,no stater or desert either.But the staff was very plesent and so we did leave a 15% tip.

I'll never go into a place without the prices shown outside or in the menu.......there's a few places in Orlando I've not used because the costs to high...unless its in one of the Disney themed places.....because I love them.....:D

chrisj
25-08-2003, 22:41
Must admit if I dont see the price I ask before I order

Chris

nelly
27-08-2003, 14:53
Never heard of ronnies, where is it? I frequent charlies which is excellent.

Martin

its on i drive nearly opposite riplies believe it or not.

Was there a lot of you as that does sound expensive

no there was 2 of us (see what i mean?)

we dont as a rule check the prices, we had been to roughly 10 different restaurants allready all similarly priced, so had no reason to expect anything else. So we sat down had ordered a couple of drinks each already and didnt know the veggies and sauce was extra. My girlfriend noticed as she kept the menu just to look at it for the wine. To be honest we were settled and didnt fancy moving again at this stage of the night, and we could hardly walk at that stage.

On a personal note i actually like small holiday disasters because they tend to be your fave talking points in the future, this is just a warning for the unsuspecting

chrisj
27-08-2003, 15:13
Wow only 2 of you that is expensive

There was 5 of us and I think the most expensive meal we had was approx $60, and that was a
lovely steak house on the OBT, only thing is I cant remember the name.

But the man was really friendly and kept cracking jokes with Sam, He even gave our kids free
ice cream. so next year we will look for the place again.

Nigel W
27-08-2003, 22:29
Ronnies sounds just like Charlies then it was expensive never had two particular steaks we wanted and one meal was sent back. We wont be going back there.

caroline
15-09-2003, 02:54
Just an update on Ronnies - I was speaking to a couple that stayed in our villa recently and they were telling us about this wonderful restaurant, with outstanding steaks, when I asked them the name...yes you've guessed it....Ronnies.

They said the service was the best they've anywhere, as were the steaks. They said it was dearer then most other restaurants in Orlando but that it was well worth the money.

I found a website for it if anyone wants to take a look http://ronniessteakhouse.com

I think we'll give it a try in October:)

nelly
15-09-2003, 04:45
yes the service is outstanding, but also the price is out-ragouse.
please go