PDA

View Full Version : OV Slimming Club Part 4!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

14-11-2006, 10:10
Morning ladies!!!

Well by popular request I have started part 4 - can you believe we have done another 101 pages[msnoo]

Well done Mizzy [clap][clap] fabulous loss and 3 stone 2lbs - amazing mrs[clap][clap][clap] So what is our total loss to date Mizzy??

I am not hopeful of a loss today, I need to get back to having a fabulous first week again, I sat in on a class yesterday and leant so much that I am going to put it into action this week and go for it[sporty][sporty][sporty]

Have a great day all!!!!!

mizzy
14-11-2006, 15:25
is John going to lock the old topic for us then Julie?

<span style="color:red">i'm not sure of the total loss for the slimming thread at the last count it was just over 24 stone [clap][clap][clap][clap]but i think it's even more now [msnsmile2]</span id="red">

i need some updated figures from Julie B, Fiona, Kazzie, Theresa and i think Sally too[msnsmile] come on girls give me those figures and i can tot up those losses[clap][clap][clap]

good luck for the weigh in this morning Julie and to you too Fiona and Kazzie for tonight

Fiona , i've never made the weetabix cake but i have tried some and it tastes like a sticky malt loaf texture, if like me it's the texture of weetabix you're not keen on then i would give it a go using oatibix i would think the syns would be pretty much the same

i've got social worker coming in about 10 mins so must nip off and stick some coffee on

will check in later

mizzy

14-11-2006, 16:39
Put on again[msncry][msnmad] +1lb, Not happy, stressed out, fed up but will not give up, going back to basics[msncry][msncry] I want a loss next week[msnwink]

Pat M
15-11-2006, 00:24
hi girls i have been busy today so have just joined in good job 3 wasnt blocked i would have miised the weetabix cake recipe, well done mizzy for your weight loss,julie you will get back on track when the stress levels drop so dont worry go for damage limitation and you will get back on track soon, good luck those weighing in tonight pat

mizzy
15-11-2006, 01:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Put on again[msncry][msnmad] +1lb, Not happy, stressed out, fed up but will not give up, going back to basics[msncry][msncry] I want a loss next week[msnwink]
[/quote]

Julie, i think you already know what i'm going to say, you're not eating enough again mrs[msnsad] and on top of that you are really stressed and have a hell of a lot on, so don't worry get back to those basics, eat more and you will see a loss next week[grouphug]

Pat, i'm going to give the polenta cake a go tommorrow, will let you know how i get on

Mizzy

15-11-2006, 01:38
Thanks Pat and Mizzy[grouphug]

Green day diary today...

fruits and yog 1 syn
banana
cous cous with new pots mushrooms and toms
skinny lattes HC a's
omelette 1 tbsp olive oil HC b
HiFi bat HC b
lots of water[angel]

extra latte 6 syns

total syns 7[angel]

fiona
15-11-2006, 02:46
Evening all, put ½lb on, really have to take myself in hand here and crack the whip!

green day
tomato juice
porridge & milk
b wheat, cucumber, tomato, red onion, in lemon juice, soupcon of sultanas & grated carrot
2 hard boiled eggs
banana, tangerine
mozzerella & tomato pasta, salad
banana & tangerine
actimel (1%)
4 mugs black tea with lemon, ... not enough water I think, only on my 3rd glass now

mizzy
15-11-2006, 12:12
never mind Fiona, i know it must be awful for you when you are working extremely hard to keep it all together, how about you set a target at the weight you are now and just have a go at maintaining that until you are ready to move on?, it may help take the pressure off until things are a little better in your life[grouphug]

i know i shouldn't be complaining really but i'm sat here suffering with earache[msncry] and it bl**dy hurts, i've a big meeting with school and i'm hoping as it's the 2nd day now that i've been suffering, that i will feel better before the meeting[msnsad]

have a good day everyone, it's 6 weeks til christmas and we need to keep it all together[msnsmile]

Mizzy

julieanne
15-11-2006, 14:06
Hi ladies, sorry it has taken me so long to post again after letting you know I was safely back from my hols.
It’s taken ages to read up in all the posts and of course I’ve been catching up at work and I can’t physically get to my pc at home because clothes, beds, furniture etc are piled up in front of it!!!!

So where do I start????

Great trip – will put together some kind of trip report as soon as I can, sorry Mizzy I don’t have food pics to post but as usual my trip report will be mostly about food. I did miss out on some meals though as I wasn’t feeling too well for a few days [xx(] [msnsad]

Julie, sounds like it’s full steam ahead with SW – hope you get the numbers you need for your class, when is your first one?
I’m sure you’ll soon lose that little bit that’s sneaked up on you – don’t worry

Mizzy, well done you, 3 stone is fantastic [clap] Hope the meeting goes well today

Good to read you had a good time Sally, I’m sure you’re well on the way to losing that weight – at least you were braver than me, I haven’t been on the scales yet [msnscared]

Sharon pleased you had a good time in Spain too – thought we were having an eating contest, didn’t realise it was a tanning competition too [msnwink] [laugh]

Fiona, as ever you seem to be coping with all that’s happening very positively – hope good things are just around the corner for you and your family [grouphug]

Apologies to anyone I’ve missed – it’s so difficult to keep up daily never mind after missing almost 3 weeks

Shame the York meet-up has had to be postponed, I was hopeful of being able to make it as my bedroom is well on the way to being finished this week.
Hope you haven't cancelled it just so I can’t make you all jealous of my Florida tan [msnwink] [laugh]

15-11-2006, 18:21
Welcome back Julieanne, my first offical class is the 23rd, but I am sitting in again tomorrow night and doing the new members talk[msneek]

P.s Yes we would be jealous of your tan[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

16-11-2006, 00:40
I had a really yummy syn free pudding tonight.........take one HiFi bar mince pie flavour and chop in up an give it a blast in the micro for 30 seconds, pour one vanila muller lite over the top and eat, ummmmmm yummy[clap][clap]

Green day again today, been and [angel]

fruits and yog (using a syn free one at the moment)
banana
skinny lattes HC a's
spanish omelette made with oilve oil HC b
brown sauce 2 syns
celentines, grapes and an apple
chicken HC b casserole
HiFi bar with vanila muller lite
lots of water[angel]

total syns = 2

Where is everyone???

janny
16-11-2006, 01:18
Just got in from class lost another 1 lb so feeling pleased .
We actaully did something tonight a quiz and a taster session where we all took a low syn or syn free nibble in .First time in 12 weeks our leader has done this we usually just sit and go over our losses /gains so it made a nice change.

Will try to get on more often in the next week .

Sharon G
16-11-2006, 01:25
Welcome to part 4[clap][clap][clap]

Well I must first well done Mizzy[clap][clap]..all that hard work is paying off great.

Julie...Hope you are enjoying your new SW job? Sounds like you'll always be on the go in one way or another!

Julieanne...Lovely to have you back. Hope you had a great time?
My tan has faded fast and now I'm back with the St Tropez[msnsad]. Believe the meet up has had to be postponed until after Xmas, so we'll have to just go on another holiday before then, wont we????[msnwink][msnwink]

Hope everyone else are all doing well? I've been really good this last week but its TTOTM so the scales are not showing any loss for me!![msncry]

Sharon G
16-11-2006, 01:27
Sorry Janny, just seen your post.

Well done on your loss[clap][clap][clap]. The syn free nibbles sounds a good idea. What did everyone bring????

janny
16-11-2006, 01:41
No Worries Sharon:D
We had fruit kebabs ,cous cous ,coronation chicken,mushroom pate,bags of snack a jacks and dips with veggies .A nice selection the packeted goods were by far the least popular as they were around 8 syns for a pack where as most of the home made things were either free or very low.

Sharon G
16-11-2006, 01:57
Janny,
Is coronation chicken syn free?

Pat M
16-11-2006, 02:12
hubby has been on a day off today and if we go out i always end up not having as good a day as i should,im having a red day so sausage bacon and tomatoes for breakfast but while out had a scone which i will count as syns, thn for tea we had homemade beefburgers from sw recipe salad and a handful of healthy eating chips dont know what the syn value of them were, a muller yog and some grapes latr on, so didnt go mad but off the proper plan still tomorrow is another day, weigh day for me, well done janny for your loss 1lb per week is 4st 2lbs in a year, thats the way i look at it anyway pat

janny
16-11-2006, 02:29
This one was made with muller light apricot yogurt with curry powder so no mayo .Apparently it is a sw recipe from another group.

16-11-2006, 10:10
Well done Janny you are doing great, what's your total loss to date?[clap][clap]

You can use muller lites to make a syn free korma too, I wil try to dig out the recipe[msnwink]

Sharon I have not started officailly yet so I think once I am settled in it will get easier, doing alot of promo at the minute[msnsmile2]

Mizzy you did not check in last night so all went well with meeting at school[grouphug]

Have a good day all[clap][clap][clap]

mizzy
16-11-2006, 12:18
sorry i never checked in, the earache was at it's worst during the meeting and after i'd read written statements from the school, road safety officers and other people involved in the cycling where my son could have been killed i actually left the room and threw up[msnsad] basically they made a huge mistake and it's took over a month to get this far when all i wanted was for a teacher to say sorry, anyhow the outcome is more meetings today with the teacher involved and hopefully we can move forward, get my son back into school and somehow build up that trust again

i've not had much of an appetite, which surprises me as i love my food but i have tried to have something at every meal time
i'm going to shop for the polenta today to make Pats cake, will let you know how i get on

Janny congrats on the loss[clap] you must be almost at target now, you have done fantastic and should be very proud of yourself, well done[msnsmile]

Julieanne and Sharon, i will sort a meet up for late feb? and then you can both dazzle with either fake or real tans[msnwink] i'm a stay white sort of person, i don't really tan because i'm the wrong colouring and i'v never got away with the fake stuff, perhaps it's just me but i always think it makes me look unwashed[msnembarrased]

Pat, to count the SW chips on a red day you need to keep the skin on the potato and then you would allow a measured amount as your healthy B, anyhow it sounds like you made some good choices for the day

have a good day everyone, good luck to those getting weighed and i will definately check in later

Mizzy

janny
16-11-2006, 12:19
To date Julie I have lost 1 stone 4.5 lbs since my first weigh in on August 23 so I a m very pleased with my self .I was given a Club 10 certificate last night but no explaination of what to do with it as it looks as if I have to sign it and hand it in again-is that correct? I forgot to ask our leader about it .
I love a korma as its about as hot as I can take my curry so a recipe will be good -thanks.

Just eaten my porridge with raspberries and will be on the treadmill later on then ready to tackle some house work and sorting out of things to take to Florida in 18 days time but will pop in here I dare say .

Have a good day everybody.

fiona
16-11-2006, 14:49
If you make coronation chicken with quorn and low-fat mayo & curry powder or Janny's version being syn-free it is a green day option. It is very tasty too!

Green day yesterday, banana for breakfast, b wheat salad with lemon juice & tuna in extra low fat mayo (1½ sysns), supper was pasta in M&S CoU pesto (½ syn), tomato and red onion salad, glass of wine (6 syns, small ripple 4½ syns, lots of water and about 5 mugs of black tea with lemon.

Off to MV again today for a run-through, if all ok we get a week off before the RT starts. She had to have a CAT scan yesterday with an injection (cue panic attacks) and drink a chalky drink and then lie without breathing. Not very nice, but they got a good picture. I didn't go yesterday and she worked herself up into a right state without me!

I came into work for a 9.00am meeting so no time to walk the hounds which Cat has kindly offered to do, but am going home for lunch to pick her up, and we are both having jacket pots with cheesy beans. Haven't even thought about lunch tonight, will have to raid the freezer and see what we have. I have some butternut squash and veggies so might make a veggie curry, someone did for our tasting night and it was delicious, whether the fmaily can get their heads round it is another matter!

mizzy
16-11-2006, 15:14
Janny you sign the club 10, hand it back to the consultant and then what happens is you receive a free week voucher in the post, to qualify for the free week you must be at the club 10 weight or below, the date you can use the free week voucher from is usually on it[msnsmile]

i've just had long walk to the post office and it's uphill all the way back so legs quite tired, the house needs a blitz so will get off here and get on with that before dh gets home

Mizzy

Pat M
16-11-2006, 17:30
thanks mizzy for the tip about chips i just hope my sensible choices reflect when i get weighed tonight, if you rearrange the meet in york in feb i would love to meet everone but im going to florida on the 24th so if it fits in with everyone else earlier than that would be good, mzzy if you hve had earache for several days you may need antibiotics from the doc, i know my daughter used to suffer terrible with ear problems and in the end she found out her ear canal was narrow and the normal liquid that is in the ear was getting stuck and infected, medication was the only thing that cleared it up. pat

julieanne
16-11-2006, 18:06
Mizzy [grouphug] for you - hope you get school sorted to your satisfaction

Well done Janny [clap] another great advert for SW [msnwink]

Sharon - I will be back to pale and ill looking by the meet up in Feb [msnsad]

Well it's 4 weeks to the day since my last gym visit [msnembarrased], what with holidays, feeling poorly and needing to be at home for work to be done. Think I will be brave and go tonight [msnscared] [msneek] but it will have to be a short easy session I think as I am still not 100% [msnsad]

mizzy
16-11-2006, 23:00
good luck for the weigh in Pat, earache is starting to ease which is a blessed relief

Julieanne, enjoy your time at the gym, i have my own personal trainer now, he's called Oliver[msnwink]

meeting went well at the school, apologies accepted and misunderstandings ironed out so darling son going back tommorrow

been good all day and now having chinese takeaway for tea, chicken chow mein approx 7 syns[msntongue][msnsmile2]

Mizzy

thornton
17-11-2006, 01:01
Back from weigh-in and have lost 1.5lbs this week. Pleased with that as I have had a couple of naughty days but I am now beginning to get the hang of how to stay in target. Have not had much time to post anything this week but have kept up with the news so well done all who have lost and hard luck to those who haven't.

Julie it sounds as if you are having a busy time getting ready for your first class.

Julieanne glad you had a good holiday and I'm sure you will soon be back in the swing of things.

Fiona, hope the appointment at MV went well and spoil Cat for the next week before her treatment starts, she deserves some pampering just like you do. How about booking a trip to a Health Farm for the two of you to look forward to.

Pat M
17-11-2006, 01:20
hi everyone weighed in and put on 1/2lb, i havent written a diary this week and probably gone over on weights with a few things,and was hoping i would stay the same but i always get punished for the least little thing i do wrong, im more annoyed that i havent kept the 7 week run going, still ive pledged in front of the class to lose 2lb next week so i will have to be good, glad to hear the earache is subsiding mizzy, and school is sorted out. fiona i havent been on this forum for very long so have come in in the middle of your troubles,but i realise its not something trivial, i just wish you both the best so stay brave for each other, pat

Sally D
17-11-2006, 01:27
1/2lb off again. Happy with that as have had a few slips ups during the week.

Next week Jill and I are having a taster evening so if anyone has any suggestions will be glad to hear them.

Sharon G
17-11-2006, 01:31
Ohhhhh earache...thats worse than labour pains!!!!!!![msnsad] glad your feeling alittle better Mizzy[grouphug]

Jill, Well done on your weight loss[clap][clap], hope I follow suit next week[msnscared]

Pat..[grouphug]never mind luv, You'll be back on track next week.

Julieanne, Well we'll both be snowdrops come February, eh?.....and no doubt I'll be fatter because of the Xmas period[msncry][msnembarrased]

Janny and Fiona...Thanks for the idea for the coronation chicken. Had it this evening for dinner and it was lovely!! All the family loved it too.

Kazzie
17-11-2006, 03:18
Sorry I have not been around much once again. I have a chest infection so not feeling too great at the moment. Also having a few problems with elderly poorly inlaws. Didnt get weighed this week, hope you have all done well, I will catch up when I feel a bit better.

Karen

fiona
17-11-2006, 03:53
Evening all, hope you are feeling better soon Karen, Pat I think keeping a food diary is half the battle as it really makes you think about what you eat - guess who isn't doing that at the moment!! Well done Jill & Sally on your losses, you are both doing so well, putting some of us (namely me) to shame!!

Had to be in for a 9.00am meeting at work (normally I am like Lady Muck and waltz in after dog walking etc. so was a slight shock to the system. Cat walked the dogs for me while I manfully coped with driving a manual car the normal 10 minute drive that took 45 mins because of the wet[msnmad], such fun using a gear stick, I think not! a couple of bananas for breakfast, and then home for jacket potato, beans & grated cheese before we set off for MV. 80 mins after our appointment was due and we are STILL sitting in the waiting room I go and politely ask if there is a long delay today with planning, receptionist goes off to double check and comes back a bit cagily saying we should be next (at least one person who arrived before us has been in already). 5 mins later the consultant arrives, whips us into a side room to tell us she is not happy with what the Physics dept have planned, and when she tells us I understand why. The radiation beam on one of the 2 zappings will bounce into Catriona's eye opposite to the ear being treated. This will almost certainly result in cataracts within 5 years. So she is getting the line tracked to go down where it will still have an impact - say cataracts at 60 instead of 70 for example - and reduce the strength of the radiation treatment, but increase the number of days. And whoopee doo, to replace the losing of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Jan 1 - they are running on Saturdays for those 2 weeks, so we will have our usual 3.00pm slot.

Anyway, we are to come back for another planning run-through as she wants things to be right, many apologies for wasting our time etc. We thought it was really nice of her to come and explain all this to us when she was obviously extremely busy as her phone never stoppped going. So back next Thurs - I knew a week off was being wildly optimistic! They did want us back Monday, but Cat is off to Kent for 3/4 days to spend time with boyfriend's family, and consultant agreed a short hols by the sea would be beneficial with what she has coming.

Got home about 6pm, my lovely DH cooked supper of bangers, mash, red cabbage and brussels, so I will need to work out the syn value of the sausages. And of course the packet of rolos we shared with a cup of tea during that long wait. What is about waiting in a hospital - must have a cup of tea, oh yes let's have some chocolate to keep me awake, must get more hi-fi bars next week and take one of those with me instead.

Have a good day tomorrow all, have to go and look at a home for the elderly tomorrow am, and have a business meeting in the evening at one of the Heathrow hotels (oh ok, drinks and supper!!)

mizzy
17-11-2006, 14:25
good morning everyone

firstly would like to say congratulations to you losers, Sally and Jill[clap][clap][clap]

and to Pat, don't despair we all have blips and 1/2lb is really neither here or there, focus on how well you have done and move forward with a positive mind into a well planned week, i think planning is vital to success, if you know what you plan to eat and have the food in it's much easier but don't forget those treats too[msnsmile]

Sharon, i said the same things about labour pains, the earache was much worse but i'm back to 99% today, btw i'm always a snowdrop so i will fit right with you and Julieanne come feb, i don't plan on getting any heavier though, i've got to weigh less to make the weight for the parasailing in march[msneek]

Karen, sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you start to feel better soon[grouphug]

Julie, did the class new members talk go well and are you remembering to eat?[msnsmile]

Fiona, i sincerely hope the treatment doesn't take too much out of you both, i live by the sea, i've got to say i agree with the docs, the sea is really uplifting when you're not well and need some space, just remind Cat to wrap up well as it's bloomin cold[grouphug]

i'm planning on having a great day, got lots to do so will pop off now and catch up later

have a good one everyone[angel]

Mizzy

17-11-2006, 14:34
Morning all, just a quick check in, well done to all you losers[clap][clap][clap]

Mizzy Yes I am eating, I am having a fabulous first week again and I am doing really well so fingers crossed for a good loss next Tuesday[clap]

New Members talk went well - I think[msnscared][msnwink]

Off to the Trafford Centre one of our Imacs has stopped working[msnsad]

fiona
17-11-2006, 16:30
Morning girls, walked hounds in the absolutely pouring rain, younger one loved it, ran around like mad getting filthy dirty, elder one kept giving me pointed looks - what ARE we doing out here?!! They waited in the car while I visited the home, complete waste of time, didn't getting any further than the entrance and just given a leaflet (1 page thing). Obviously we must make formal appointment, or perhaps private side is not favoured by those on reception?!!

Large brekkies of beans on cheesy toast (I will be resembling a b bean soon after all this), have made a small sandwich but hoping the large breakfast is enough to keep me going until this evening as I am not sure where we will be eating, and like to keep enough in reserve.

Julie I have to ask, what is an imac when it is not a depilatory cream?[laugh]

julieanne
17-11-2006, 18:54
As promised I went to the gym last night. Even though I took it easy (really easy [msnembarrased] ) I am still suffering for it today [msneek]
Got on the scales this morning for the first time in 4 weeks and I have put 4lbs.
Not too disappointed but seeing as I was unwell for some of my holiday and haven't felt great since I got home I had foolishy hoped not to have put anything on!

And I've got a feeling this is going to be a naughty weekend [msnembarrased] starting with the Indian take-away I'm having tonight [msntongue]

Mizzy - glad you are happy with what happened at school the other day, hope things go smoothly from now on.

Well done Sally & Jill [clap]

Pat M
17-11-2006, 23:29
hi everyone the determination is back with a vengence and hope to keep it all week, fiona i wouldnt like to behind you after all those beans, there are loads of foods i like but they kill me so i try to do them in moderation, im glad your earache has almost cleared up mizzy and you are almost back to normal,
julieanne 4lbs isnt a lot when you have been on holiday you will soon get it off not long to christmas so you have a focus pat

mizzy
18-11-2006, 02:29
just checking in to see how everyone is doing

i've had a pretty good green day, visited the mil so that's over with for another week [msnwink]

Jo had stress melt down in car outside tescos on the way home[msnscared] dh and son were both in the store getting some provisions whilst here i was locked in the car with darling daughter from hell, i tell you i was inches from climbing out the window to escape[msnsad]

anyway she's now asleep (thank god!) and i'm very proud of the fact that although very stressed myself, i did not reach for the chocolate[msnsmile]although being ultra truthfull here, if there had been any tia maria in the house i would have had a few rather lge ones [msnembarrased]

Julieanne, you're another one with a lot on at the minute so 4lbs is not too bad, knuckle down for a week or two and you'll be back to your usual party girl self just in time for a little christmas over indulgence

talking of christmas over indulgence, i did say quite firmly to dh that no big tins of chocolates would be getting in this house over christmas so can anyone tell me pls why is it that two of them are hiding in the understairs cupboard?[msnoo]

Mizzy

18-11-2006, 12:53
Talking of Christmas here is a bit of research from SW...........last year all those members who continued to go to class and stuck with the plan as much as possible only gained and average 1.5lbs oer the whole festive period, whilst those who gave up and did not attend class but came back 2nd week in Jan gained an average of 10lbs!!!!!

Good green day for me yesterday too.........

fruits and syn free yog
skinny latte x 2 HE a's
spag hoops on 1 slice of wholemeal HE b
bananas x 2 apples x 2
omelette with mushrooms peas and new pots[msntongue] made with 1 tbsp olive oil HE b
HiFi bar 6 syns as I had used both my b's
2 cadbury hero's 4 syns
lots of water[angel]

total syns for the day 10[clap]

Julieanne 4 lbs is good for that amount of time in Florida, and you will lose that in a couple of weeks, bet you had a wonderful time though[clap]

Mizzy I have said the same about tins of choccies there will be selection boxes for the children so that will have to do, no doubt MIL will bring loads[msnoo]

Fiona, an Imac is a Apple Computer same company that make Ipods[msnwink] Mine just swithced off and its only 9 months old so had to take it back to the Apple Store and it will be like brand new by next week and they are going to back up my hard drive and reload all my info back on for me so I won't have lost all my files and photos etc[clap] I know what you mean about beans too[msnwink]

Where is Julie b?? Hope she is doing OK and Paula how are you doing?? Hope you guys haven't given up??

Have a great weekend eveyone, we are off to YD's christmas fair at her school[msneek]

mizzy
18-11-2006, 13:51
good morning everyone

Julie you are so right about giving up over christmas, last year i gave up 3rd week in december for two reasons the first being i'd just been put on mega dose of steroids and the 2nd was because my heart wasn't in it

how much did i put on, well i cannot remember exactly but it did go into double figures, i think it was 10.5lbs[msnembarrased]

this year i'm planning on things being very different, i'm thinking of having 3 flexi days over the two week period, those days being christmas eve, christmas day and new years eve, we've also got Olly this year so there will be more walking and less sitting around[msnwink] so if i can limit the damage to under 5lbs then i'll be a very happy bunny[msnsmile]

the chocolate in the cupboard is for James (terry orange segments) and we bought the extra tin because one tin was £8 and 2 tins cost £10, i'm sending the 2nd tin into Jo's school about a week before they break up, i'm thinking they can share them out and they'll be out of my way

it very wet here and once dh gets in from work we are planning a big walk with Olly, Jo's out with her PA til 3.30 so there's just James to occupy, he likes walking the dog so he's easily catered for and once we've tired him out a little he's far far easier to manage without Jo

i'll pop in later tonight and see how it's been going

have a good day everyone

Mizzy

Sally D
18-11-2006, 14:23
I confess to having 2 tins of choccies in my cupboard for christmas[msnoo]. 1 quality street and 1 celebrations. I am hopeing that the girls will eat most of them and any friends of theirs that pop in.

Well I'm off christmas shopping in Portsmouth with Hannah today[msneek], wish me luck. I hate christmas shopping.

Pat M
18-11-2006, 16:35
i was out shopping with hubby the other day and asked if he wanted tins of sweets for over christmas, he said no just a small box to treat on, on christmas day and then nothing left, i was releived cos if they arnt in the house we wont keep eating, the sweets my son gets just go upstairs with him as he spends a lot of time up there anyway, i plan on making lots of sw stuff eg christmas cake cheesecake ferrar roche sweets,etc i may go over on my syns but it wouldnt be anywhere near the total if i was eating the real thing,we are going to our villa in feb and i want to lose as much as poss for then we are planning a 4 day cruise and ive got some clothes i would like to take with me that dont fit at the moment, so i dont want a little thing like christmas to spoil the effort pat :D

Pat M
19-11-2006, 12:42
good morning where has everyone gone, are you all starting the festivities early its so quiet, well i had an excellent day yesterday (red) we are christmas shopping in town today so will have to make some good choices food wise, then off to mil for tea but have my own stuff prepared so no probs will drop in later, hpoefully there will be loads to read pat

jbrinkworth
19-11-2006, 13:11
Helo everyone,

I'm back. Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while, life just kinda took over for a while, nothing bad, just really busy with one thing and another. I'll you what though, not getting the motivation from here really has an effect on what I eat, I've put on 1lb this week[msncry]. I know its not much but my flordia holiday is creeping ever closer (16 weeks) and with xmas in between, I'd better really knuckle down and get on with it! My DH has decided he'd like to give it a try too so I've got to do some planning for the week this afternoon. My probem with him is he never eats breakfast, small lunch then big tea and usually cereal for supper. Maybe he should eat fruit for breakfast at about 10ish (he says he can't eat before about then) any suggestions?

Life at work is about to get even busier as the lady I work with is about to go back into hospital to have reconstruction surgery following a mastectomy and so will be off work until after xmas so I will be on my own to run the department (its in a school) for what usually is one ofs the busiest time of the year. But I don't mind how busy I get, its important for her to be able to have this surgery, draw a line under the past year and hopefully start another chapter in her life.

Anyway, I know lots of you on here have been having a rough time in one way or another so this is for you[grouphug][grouphug].

I just wanted to add a big thank you for all the support and help and advice you have all given me over the past few months, this last couple of weeks have proved that I'm much better with you all than without you so THANK YOU. I'll reach my target no matter how long it takes.

Julie B

mizzy
19-11-2006, 14:42
you sound just like me Julie B, i'll reach my target too even if it takes another year or more[msnoo]

thanks for reminding me that the florida holiday is looming, i think it's 17 weeks now for me so scarily close, once in florida we will have to arrange a meet up and we can compare losses[msnwink][msnsmile2]

good to hear that other half is joining you on the plan, i'd make him up something for brekkie that he can take out with him and even if he eats it at 10am it's better than skipping it all together

Pat, i think you're very brave hitting those shops at this time of year, me i'm being really lazy and doing it all online, for some reason i really cannot be bothered at the minute but give it a few weeks and i'll be into that christmas spirit[msnsmile]

i'm planning on long beach walk today but not until i tackle those bathrooms of mine first, they are shockingly filthy[msnembarrased]

have a good day everyone

Mizzy

Sharon G
19-11-2006, 17:47
Mizzy....can you pop round and do my bathrooms after yours???[msnwink]..Richard my ES, has just come home from playing the Sunday morning football and my main bathroom looks like the mud baths of calcutta[msnscared][msnscared]. He's even managed to get mud on the ceiling????[msneek].

Well I've been an [angel] all week but went off the rails last night! Went to see George Michael in concert at the Manchester MEN. I wasn't that bothered about going but my SIL persuaded me to go with her ( because no-one else wanted to) even our DH's refused to go! So got there early on the train, dived into a local restaurant but had to wait ages for the meal, so 3 or 4 glasses of the ole vino later, we swaned out and onto the concert......brilliant live!!!...I must say but then we hit the little goodies of chocolates my SIL had brought!and I thinks another glass of wine. Out of the concert and headed for the train. CANCELLED !!!!!!!...due to repair work being carried out[msncry][msncry] We then had to wait for nearly an hour (in a near-by pub)[msneek]for the bus which had taken place of the train. What normally takes 35 minutes on the train, took us an hour and 20 minutes back to sunny Huddersfield.[msnsad]

back to being good today though!!!....:D

mizzy
19-11-2006, 22:49
sounds like you had a good night there Sharon[msnwink]

i've abandoned the bathrooms and tackled my bedroom and the loft [msnoo] dh has promised faithfully that he will do the bathrooms tommorrow[msneek] he told me that at times i can be quite scary but we need to be don't we ladies or else nothing at all would ever get done[msnwink]

anyway i feel so much more settled after that mega sort out, the christmas decorations are out of the loft ready for december and my bedroom is back to "sanctuary status"

food wise i've been very good too, just wondering about tea so off now to raid the fridge/ freezer

Mizzy

20-11-2006, 10:16
Morning ladies, well I did not have the best weekend[msnembarrased] had a few too many choccies on Sat night[msnembarrased]

Actually not feeling very good today, not sure if its a bug but feel very sick[sick][sick][sick]

Sharon glad you had a good time in Manchester shame about the trains though[msnwink]

I was out doing more leaflets yesterday for my class on Thursday, also had to make some calls to 2 new members that could not get their head around red and green days[msnsmile2]

Mizzy I always call my bedroom and en suite our sanctuary too, like them to be clean and tidy at all times even if the rest of the house is a mess[msnsmile]

Have a good day all!!

julieanne
20-11-2006, 13:06
Good morning - the start of a new week :)

Been a little naughty food and drink wise [msnembarrased] But to balance that out I have done quite a bit of work, washing out my new wardrobes (yes they are finally fitted [clap]) and making a start on putting <span style="color:red">all</span id="red"> my many clothes away [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]. Also did some tidying up in the garden so hopefully burned off the extra calories. Off to the gym tonight but it will be another easy session as I'm still suffering from my chest infection [msnsad]

Sharon, how many glasses of wine was that??? - I lost count [msnwink] [msnwink]

Julie, hope you feel better soon

Mizzy 17 weeks? How quickly is that going to come round [clap]

Here's to a great week for us all [msnsmile]

mizzy
20-11-2006, 13:23
17 weeks is going to pass in a blink of the eye Julieanne[msnscared]

weigh in tonight for me and i feel really bloated, my scales do not look that good[msnsad]

hopefully i'll just stay the same

Mizzy

Pat M
20-11-2006, 14:51
dont despair mizzy just keep thinkng of those holidays ive just counted ours up its just under 14 weeks for us, in an ideal world i could lose 2st in that time but knowing me 1 st and i would be happy pat

janny
20-11-2006, 15:43
Morning girls hope you all had good weekends and to those of you with family problems -I am thinking of you [grouphug]

Had my oats with fruit for breakfast and been on the treadmill and am getting ready to walk to town .I have 2 weeks before I leave for Florida and am hoping I can continue to be good over there -it was my 2 weeks there in July/August this year that actually kicked started my desire to lose weight so I amn not going to go over board during my 8 days there.

Continuing to have mainly green days and they do seem to work better for me or so my scales tell me .

fiona
20-11-2006, 15:56
Morning all, had a busy weekend and had to cancel some planned activities.

Green day for me today too, porridge so far, omelette and salad for lunch and possibility we might have to go out for supper so will have to suck it and see. Busy day at work so will look in again later. Good luck anyone being weighed today.

20-11-2006, 16:16
Green day for me too, I rarely have red (original) days now, just had a lovely early lunch as my tummy had settled down a bit.......tomato cous cous with roasted butternut squash, peas, mushrooms and new pots. Planning on an omelette tonight[msnwink]

20-11-2006, 16:17
Good luck with weigh in tonight Mizzy[clap][clap]

Does anyone else weigh in today??

jbrinkworth
20-11-2006, 17:02
Morning everyone,

I think we're all having green today!

Porridge for brekkie,
Cous Cous with baby tomatoes and chopped pepper for me followed by an apple and a sultana.
I am also planning an omlette for tea! I must be reading your mind Julie!

Good luck for anyone weighing in today!

Julie B

jbrinkworth
20-11-2006, 17:17
PS Could someone tell me this weeks password please, I'm sure I've read it on here but I'm blowed if I can find it.

By the way, did you get a new oven Julie?

Julie B

vanessag
20-11-2006, 17:17
Hi everyone, I have just dug out my old slimming world paperwork as we are off to Orlando in March, we are taking our friends with us, the problem being my friend is a size 8! I only want to loose 7lbs, so hopefully I should do it before Christmas, most of the diet is coming back to me, but I can vaguely remember that Muller yoghurts are free to eat?? Is this correct? I cant find any mention in my paperwork. Thank you

20-11-2006, 17:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jbrinkworth
PS Could someone tell me this weeks password please, I'm sure I've read it on here but I'm blowed if I can find it.

By the way, did you get a new oven Julie?

Julie B
[/quote]

This weeks password is 'mushroom' Julie - great minds think a like[msnwink] Good to have you back[clap]

Still not got my new oven, using the top oven only at the moment[msnsad]

20-11-2006, 17:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vanessag
Hi everyone, I have just dug out my old slimming world paperwork as we are off to Orlando in March, we are taking our friends with us, the problem being my friend is a size 8! I only want to loose 7lbs, so hopefully I should do it before Christmas, most of the diet is coming back to me, but I can vaguely remember that Muller yoghurts are free to eat?? Is this correct? I cant find any mention in my paperwork. Thank you
[/quote]

Vanessa, welcome!

Muller light yogs are free but not the apple pie and lemon cheescake, the apple is 1 syn I think and the lemon is 0.5 syns.

If you go to the website and register using this weeks group password mushroom you can get up to date info[msnwink]

vanessag
20-11-2006, 18:06
Great thanks for your help, am going to cook the spanish style pork chops tonight!

Pat M
20-11-2006, 22:35
ive had another good day on green as well ive had jkt potato with chick pea dahl for tea really nice i tend to have more green days but i still try and fit som red days in just so i dont get bored with the food good luck for weighing in tonight pat

21-11-2006, 10:23
Morning all!!

Mizzy how did you get on last night? Weigh in for me this morning[msnscared]

Have a good one all[msnwink]

julieanne
21-11-2006, 13:16
Good luck Julie - I'm sure it will be good news for you this week :)

Mizzy, where are you, hope everything is ok and that you were pleased with last nights weigh in???

21-11-2006, 17:25
2lbs OFF!!![clap][clap][clap] Yippee!! Really pleased[msnsmile2]

Mizzy where are you?? Hope all is OK[grouphug][grouphug]

julieanne
21-11-2006, 17:32
2lbs OFF!!![clap][clap][clap] Yippee!! Really pleased[msnsmile2]

Mizzy where are you?? Hope all is OK[grouphug][grouphug]
[/quote]

What did I tell you Julie [msnwink] [msnwink]

We're all starting to worry about you Mizzy [grouphug]

mizzy
21-11-2006, 17:44
aww thanks for worrying about me but i'm finally here [msnsmile] the stupid computer would'nt let me log on last night, something to do with ntl[msnmad]

but pleased to report that i stayed the same[msnsmile2] i didn't expect a loss as my scales where up and down on the 1lb, going to plan everything a little better this week and aiming for a mini target of 2lbs off

great to hear about you loss Julie[clap][clap][clap] well done mrs[msnwink]

mizzy

julieanne
21-11-2006, 17:48
[clap] Mizzy, the same is good. Glad to hear it was only your computer that was feeling poorly :)

fiona
21-11-2006, 17:49
Well done Julie, that's great. Mizzy hope you are feeling ok?

Was feeling grotty yesterday so got home from work, fed the dogs, emptied the dishwasher and had a bath and went to bed. DH woke me up at 8 with a small bowl of pasta, still feeling tired but not so bad. YD was kicking over the traces (again) but did manage to get in at the crack of 11.15pm, so better than I anticipated.

Still feeling very tired and achey today, but fingers crossed the upset tum has now gone.

Food plan today
banana for breakfast with tomato juice and black tea
3 egg omelette with potato, cheese, onion & tomato in, cucumber on the side
(have another banana for when I get the munchies later)
water
actimel (.1&)
mozzerella tomato pasta for supper

oh lots of little round spherical things, just remembered I have forgotten to take my tablets today, no wonder my hands haven't puffed up yet, will take them after I have been weighed - yippee doo, hot flushes while I am sleeping!!

Pat M
21-11-2006, 22:33
well done julie 2lb is great and mizzy staying the same is great too,i think we all know when you deserve to lose and when you deserve to put on,hope you are feeling a bit better today fiona, have you just started with the hot flushes and good luck with the weigh in pat

jbrinkworth
21-11-2006, 23:09
Evening all,

Hope you are feeling better fiona.[grouphug]

Well, another good day for me today.

Porridge and banana for brekkie,
Cous Cous (Sammys sun dried tomato with herbs - I'm very pleased to say I've checked on the website and this is free on green!) with chopped pepper and cherry tomatoes. Grapes and an apple
Tea - egg salad with new potatoes, small amount of low fat salad cream (porbably a few syns but haven't had any others so figured it should be ok)
Will have pudding later - probably a low fat yoghurt and some more fruit.

Also, up at 5.45 this morning and on the treadmill - the annoying thing was that when I was in full swing, the emergency cord came off so it stopped - it was really hard to get back into the swing!
still, managed 5K so thats good[sporty][msnsmile2][msnsmile2].

All about to go pearshaped tomorrow though, I'm going to Ikea tomorrow -I will have a salad instead of the meatballs - and then out for a meal tomorrow night with work (Indian - any suggestions for damage limitation?).

Well done Julie, another 2lbs, you must be nearly at target by now?

Mizzy staying the same is better than a gain[msnwink].

Pat - which day do you weigh in on? Sorry I've forgotten.

Keep going to everyone else!

Julie B

Pat M
22-11-2006, 02:02
i dont weigh in till thursday ive really felt like nibbling tonight fortunatly i had some of those eat smart crisps from morrisons so i had them and had a free supper and a piece of weetabix cake, ive just picked my grandaughter up and she had pizza i had one small bite but thankfully it wasnt very nice so it put me off eating any more, i will try and keep my syns for tomorrow evening in case i get the munchies again ive had such a good week i dont want to spoil it now pat

22-11-2006, 10:09
Mizzy well done on maintaining, you will have a good loss next week[msnwink]

Fiona hope you got on OK last night too[msnsmile]

JUlie b I have been up and down for weeks now so I am still 3lbs from target[msnsad]

Pat why not try fruit and yog when munchies strike, even use a HE b and have fruit and yog on top of weetabix[msntongue]

Green day diary from yesterday......

Banana
skinny lattes HE a's
omelette
apple
chicken HE b chow mein 4 syns for sauce
banana and yog 1 syn
lost of water[angel]
HiFi bar HE b
1 cadburys hero 2 syns[msntongue]

total syns 7[clap]

Have a great day all[clap]

janny
22-11-2006, 12:58
Sorry to hear some of you are not well -down in this area there seems to be a nasty bug going round that lasts for a few days - hopefully I won't get it.
Just had my porridge and fruit and will make a veg soup for lunch then it's weigh in for me tonight so hopefully the scales will be kind.

Had a green day yesterday
porridge and fruit
butternut soup for lunch and large stuffed pasta shells for tea.
2 yogurts and lots of fruit and water.
3 baby bel cheeses and 3 corn thins .

Did 6.5k on the treadmill in my usual 40 mins yesterday so am looking for about the same today although at the moment I don't feel like doing it if I were honest -but I will.

Have a good day everyone.

mizzy
22-11-2006, 16:09
good luck with the weigh in Janny[msnsmile]

i'm not around as much as i'd like to be[msnsad] lots on at the minute with schools and employment paperwork to sort out but will be back in full chatterbox mode soon[chatter]

catch you all later, hopefully!

mizzy

fiona
22-11-2006, 16:44
Morning all, well I am the only person in the world that can have a stomach bug and put on 2lbs[msnmad]. Am off at home as need to stay by my bathroom, so only eating an oatcake and drinking hot water, piece of toast was a disaster! Have a house full as ED is back for her hospital appointment tomorrow with boyfriend, so am going to take mince out and they can look after supper!

Pat M
22-11-2006, 22:43
dont worry about it fiona they always tell us if we dont eat we wont lose so this has just happened to you, it went on easily so it will come off the same way, good luck to anyone weighing in tonight pat

thornton
22-11-2006, 23:33
Been so busy this week and had very little time to look at the forum. Sally, don't forget the tasting tomorrow night, I have made a SW Lemon meringue pie, using a bought pastry case, total 7.5 syns, so a smal slice will be less than 1 syn.

Well done to the loosers and bad luck to the others, I'm sure you will all loose next weigh-in.

Fiona, poor you, you really are being hit with everything at the moment. By the way, are you planning a trip to Florida in the New Year after Cat's treatment is over? We are hoping to go at the end of Jan for about 4-6 weeks.

23-11-2006, 10:00
Morning all!!

Fiona big hug for you[grouphug]

Jill that lemon pie sounds yummy[clap]

Janny well done you are doing so well[sporty]

Mizzy keep chatting, we need you to keep this thread running[msnwink]

Another good green day for me yesterday....

fruits and yog 1 syn
banana
skiiny lattes HE a's
quorn sausages and mushy peas (free on green)
banana
spagetti on 1 slice of wholemeal HE b
HiFi bar HE b
Lots of water[angel]
extra latte 6 syns
2 cadbury hero's 4 syns

total syns 10[angel]

Hoe you who are feeling poorly feel better soon[grouphug]

Have a great day and think of me tonight taking my first class[msneek][msnoo][msnscared]

mizzy
23-11-2006, 11:45
Good Luck for today Julie, your first class!!!!!!

hope it all goes well and don't worry mrs, you know that you can do this[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Mizzy

janny
23-11-2006, 12:12
Julie Hope your first class went well-I am sure you will inspire all those who attend.

I managed to maintain this week -I was surprised as I felt as if had gained .My friend who had been good all week gained 2 1/2 so she was disappointed so we compensated by booking ourselves a long week end in Pisa in January for her husbands birthday and our silver wedding anniversary.

I am going to be extra good this week as its my last weigh in next week before I go to Florida and I want to feel good before I go so I can hopefully keep it all under control for the 8 days I am there.
Keep up the good work girls.[msnsmile2]

julieanne
23-11-2006, 13:23
<span style="color:red">Good Luck Julie, hope it goes well for you tonight</span id="red">

I'm sure it will [grouphug]

fiona
23-11-2006, 17:10
Morning all, feeling much better today, possibly because I haven't eaten anything yet!!

Am now starving so trying a jacket potato.

Busy day at work today, and off to the hospital later on for hopefully the last planning meeting before the RT starts on Monday.

Jill it will depend on how Cat is during her treatment as to when we can go out to Florida. We can't book anything until we know, but DH and I are desperate to get out there! If she ends up deferring her uni course I will take her out in Feb for a few weeks, and hopefully DH and YD can join us for half term. If she continues to feel well we will probably go on our own in Feb, although DH should probably attend HOA meeting in Jan, but we will be v busy with the business, so will have to see how things go. But if we are out while you are we will organise a meet.

Pat M
23-11-2006, 17:41
go get em julie, let us all know how it goes

my weigh in tonight ive had a great week but i somehow still dont feel very confident i will lose, i will keep my fingers crossed pat

mizzy
24-11-2006, 01:49
pleased to report i've had a good day[angel]

hope those getting weighed tonight had good results and good luck for tommorrow Pat

off now to get hot choc and watch greys anatomy[msnsmile]

hope it was a great first class Julie[clap][clap][clap]

Mizzy

Pat M
24-11-2006, 01:53
ive weighed in with 1lb off which im realy dissapointed at as ive had such a good week, this is when i start getting disheartened. but i will have to pick myself up and start again, im going to take some advice and try and cook some different kind of food this week and see if that helps, pat

24-11-2006, 10:17
Well done all you losers[clap][clap][clap] I am trying to do the Xmas challenge and lose 7lbs by Xmas[msneek][msnscared]

Well first class went very well, the room looked great with all my new boards and posters[clap] Downside was I only got 3 new members and 2 of them were my daughter and her best friend[msnsad] I was gutted, I had posted 3000 leaflets, 50 posters and did loads of word and mouth chats, I just hope its builds after Xmas.

We are all doing the Xmas challenge in my group to lose 7lbs before our Xmas Party on the 21 Dec[sporty][sporty][sporty]

Food diary on green again yesterday..........

fuits and yog 1 syn
banana
skinny lattes HE a's
omelette with mushroom and peas
muller lite
jacket pot with sweet chilli beans
HiFi bar HE b
lots of water[angel]

total syns 1[msnoo]

Have a great day all[grouphug]

Pat M
24-11-2006, 13:43
julie a lot of people have it in their head its too near christmas to start parties to go to etc, its only us thats been going a long time who know you can help to keep the weight down by following the plan now. its bound to take off after christmas as everyone wants to get the exccess weight off so i wouldnt worry,its a business and it will take time to build but well done for all the effort you have put in, pat

julieanne
24-11-2006, 15:53
Julie - I'm sure you'll get more members than you know what to do with after Christmas :)
If I lived closer I'd be one of them [msnwink]

24-11-2006, 18:23
Just found out I was given leaflets and posters with Clarendon Road on them and my venue is on Clarendon Cresent[msnmad][msncry] As I don't know the area I did not spot the error and even the SW web site has the wrong map, address and post code on it[msnsad]

Pat M
24-11-2006, 20:44
oh thats terrible julie does that mean all the leaflets you handed out had the wrong address on them, all that work for nothing, i suspect if thats the case someone at head office will have major grovelling to do for wasting your time, hope they get it put right soon pat

thornton
24-11-2006, 21:20
Put on 1/2lb last night. Not really surprised as I have had some indulgent days this week. Still I do not really mind as I know I can loose it if I set my mind to it.

Julie, sorry to hear your news, hope Head Office help you sort things out.

Sally D
25-11-2006, 02:20
Sorry to hear about your first class Julie, what a shame.

Lost 1/2lb again, thats 3 weeks running, it is going to take forever at that rate[msnsad]

Now come on Jill, tell them what happened last night, Miss Slinky and what that dogs reaction was[msnwink]

mizzy
25-11-2006, 12:32
it's such a shame that all the information was incorrect Julie, [grouphug]hopefully the people who you delivered too will ring with enquiires about joining and you will grab some new members that way

have you done a interview with the local paper?, that would usually bring in quite a few enquiries too, if you haven't yet done a interview you could try to angle yourself into one of those new year new you articles

i wouldn't worry about the new member target, it's the worst time of year with many people giving up or not even bothering once they see those christmas adverts on the tv[msneek]

i'm pretty certain that your hard work won't have gone to waste completely, come new year you'll be packing them in[msnwink]

JIll, are you ms slinky?[msnsmile2] come on tell all!

Mizzy

25-11-2006, 15:13
Mizzy my editorial was not accepted by the newspapers as I did not lose at least half my body weight[msnsad] I did have a advert go in though, plus almost 300 leaflets and 50 posters so as its a really well know venue I can only assume its the wrong time of year so roll on January[msnwink]

Web site is now correct, if you go on the SW site and search groups in M22 mine comes up[msnwink]

Jill what's all this about Miss Slinky?? Come on tell all[msnwink] You know what to do to lose that 0.5lbs

Sally well done on your loss, 0.5lbs every week soon mounts up[clap]

My dishwasher has died on me now so I now have to buy a new oven and if it can't be fixed a new dishwasher too[msnmad][msncry]

Food wise I am having a fab week and I am hopeful for another good loss[msnsmile2]

thornton
25-11-2006, 19:22
Sally, it is surprising how quickly you can go off people[msnsmile2]

Well girls, our consultant loves having a laugh and she is very good at thinking up ideas to make the class different. This week she chose the four of us who had been nominated for Slimmer of the Year in the class and made us enter the Miss Slinky comp. We were taken off and dressed by other members of the class who had either done it themselves or been there a year ago. We were all given a bag and in it were a black bin liner and various christmas decorations. We had to have a costume made of the contents and then parade in front of the class. It was a huge joke.

One of the class had bought her daughter with her who has a labradoodle as a helping hands dog he is a lovely dog and he also does agility in the class before us in the summer. Well, when we walked in he jumped up and started barking madly, it was either from total disapproval or approval, don't know which. The girl's mother was one of the team parading themselves. Well, I did not win. However I drove home in my costume and DH fell about laughing when I walked in. Tansy, walked off in disgust.

By the way Sally you haven't said what your Peter got up to last week [?][?]

Been christmas shopping this morning and ended buying more for me than presents as I couldn't find many of the things I was looking for.

thornton
25-11-2006, 19:23
Sorry folks, had a senior moment.

mizzy
25-11-2006, 19:49
sorry forgot to say well done Sally[clap]

Julie, that's such a shame that they wouldn't do an editorial

i'm having a lazy day today but still planning a beach walk and we'll be off in the next half hour

food wise, i've been an angel with usual brekkie of toast and ginger jam and sweet potato wedges with giant flat mushroom topped with red onion and cheese

planning on making my own quorn chow mein tonight

Mizzy

Pat M
25-11-2006, 20:02
thats sounds good mizzy if you like it let us know the recipe can anyone tell me how to get to the last pages i need to look for the pizza recipe i wrote it down and thought i had put it with all my other recipes but cant find it pat

Pat M
25-11-2006, 20:07
hold on those instructions ive found it i thought i wouldnt have thrown it out, its still with all the papers around the computer, (just where you would keep all your recipes) pat

25-11-2006, 23:21
Mizzy I made potato wedges tomight and they were yummy used one of those shotz spces [msntongue][msnwink] I love chow mein too we are having that tomorrow night[msnsmile]

mizzy
26-11-2006, 01:43
i'm a very lazy cook Pat and my chow mein is really simple

it's 2 fillets of quorn microwaved for four mins and then chopped up add that into 1/2 packet of stir fry veg (i like asda mushroom and pepper one) heat in very hot wok with fry light

boil water in pan then add sharwoods med egg noodles (4mins) drain then throw in wok to mix with quorn and veg, drizzle over a supermarket sauce of your choice my personal favourites are ken homs chilli and garlic which i water down and it works out at 2 syns and also asda'a own teriyaki also 2syns

it makes a massive meal in under 10 mins[clap]and if you don't fancy using any syns then cooks helper chilli and garlic or soy sauce which are both free can be used as a good alternative

or if i'm feeling really lazy i pick up the phone and order one from the chinese takeaway 7 syns for chicken chow mein[msnwink]

Julie, i love wedges especially sweet potato ones and i've just bought fancy veg cutter which can cut parsnips into thin slices to make crisps[msntongue]

Jill it sounds like you had a great time at class and i think because Sally dropped you in it, you should now dish the dirt on what her Peter's been up too[msnoo][msnwink]

Mizzy

Kazzie
26-11-2006, 02:56
I am once again apologising for not being around but have had an awful time of it for the last week or so. My mother-in-law was rushed to hospital last Friday and diagnosed with Peritinitus and we were told that she would not survive and it would be very quick[msnsad]. She managed to hang on over the weekend but Monday they couldnt find a pulse. Eventually found a very slight pulse and she received the last rites. Miraculously, she did manage to hang on until Thursday when she died peacefully. Aside from all the sadness of this, my father-in-law has Alzheimers, so it has been a very traumatic time and we can only see even more problems ahead[msncry]. FIL assumed that MIL would come home from hospital as would normally happen, (she had been very poorly and in and out of hospital previously), so it has been a huge shock to him and has turned his world upside down. Although he has Alzheimers my FIL was still caring, with help, for MIL. He seems to be just about coping at the moment but will obviously need careful watching now. The funeral is arranged for this Friday which will be very hard for him.

Having been almost continually keeping vigil at the hospital this last week and grabbing what food we could get, I havnt even thought for a minute about weighing myself. May not be around for a while now either as we have everything else to sort out with probate etc.

I am totally disorganised Christmas wise and not sure I will ever be ready! My own fault for not being organised I suppose, but not looking forward to Christmas now anyway.

Hope everyone has been doing well and Julie's first class went well.

I will catch up with everything as soon as I can.

Karen

Pat M
26-11-2006, 12:47
very sorry to hear your news karen your MIL is at peace now, and it is the ones left at home who are suffering. your FIL will find it very difficult to cope,alzheimers is an awful thing, my mother had it for a number of years so i know exactly what you are going through pat

mizzy
26-11-2006, 18:53
[grouphug] for you Karen [grouphug]

Marie

26-11-2006, 22:35
Our thoughts are with Karen, take care[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

fiona
26-11-2006, 23:52
Take care Karen, will be thinking of you[grouphug].

Don't know where the last few days have gone, last visit to the hospital pre- radiotherapy treatment on Thursday, not a very nice session for Cat, plus she has an ear infection in that ear so now on a strong dose of antibiotics. Friday at a funeral in Beaminster of old family friend - whizzed past Andover at high speed Janny with mum and bro or might have tried to organise something - however round trip of 9 hours, so perhaps not!

First day of RT treatment tomorrow, so she is getting v nervous, but has kept herself busy by being out all the time, last night at a birthday party (after we had taken them to see Casino Royale - excellent) and tonight at Wembley to see Scissor Sisters. Blood now coming from ear so think we need to see nurse before she starts treatment tomorrow.

Did manage to get a carpet bought today for spare room, £50 delivery and fitting so that's organised for Thursday am, so MIL will have somewhere to sleep when she comes at Christmas.

Diet / food plan - oh haven't done much good this week, lots of comfort food in for her but have managed to resist the mince pies!

Have a good week all.

janny
27-11-2006, 00:21
Speeding past eh Fiona - some people say thats the best thing to do where Andover is concerned [msnwink]
Hope all gets better for Cat enjoy the concert.

Karen -John and I send our thoughts to you and the whole family

Been fairly good this week but the scales will reveal all on wednesday.
Been raining cats and dogs here today so feeling miserable.[msnsad]

thornton
27-11-2006, 01:10
Karen, lots of [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug] for you and the family.

Fiona, do hope tomorrow goes well for Cat, I'm thinking of her and of you all. I do hope YD is behaving herself and helping out. I think you all deserve some [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug] too.

Pat M
27-11-2006, 01:23
fiona hope everything goes well tomorrow i will be thinkig of you and cat,

i cant remember who did the pizza recipe, i tried it today and found it quite tasty but when i cooked the base it sort of set on the outside but wasnt crispy and it was soft inside is this how its supposed to be or have i not done it right pat

Sharon G
27-11-2006, 01:27
Karen,

Thinking of you and your family[grouphug][grouphug]

Sally D
27-11-2006, 02:47
[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

For Karen and Fiona

Kazzie
27-11-2006, 02:51
Thank you all for your kind words.

Fiona, I really hope all goes well for Cat tomorrow, will keep my fingers & toes crossed for you and will be thinking about you and your family.

Karen

27-11-2006, 10:18
Good morning all, well its very stormy here this morning - gales outside[msnsad]

Fiona I really hope all goes well for Cat[grouphug]Be thinking of you[grouphug]

Another good day again yesterday, green day again.......

fruit and muler lite
skinny latte HE a's
couc cous with butternut squash
celementines
home made chow mein[msntongue] with chicken HE b
HiFi bar HE b
lots of water[angel]
3 cadburys heros 6 syns
3 tsps of custard - not worked out syns[msntongue]

mizzy
27-11-2006, 13:29
stormy here too Julie and not just outside[msneek] Jo the most delightful one is giving it her all to resist the changes we need to make to the house in the run up to christmas and you'd think after 13yrs i'd be used to it but boy those teenage hormones make it really really bad

"tis the season to be jolly" [msnscared] well not in my bl**dy house that's for sure[msnsad]

Fiona, will be thinking of you and Cat today, take care of that precious daughter of yours[grouphug]

Pat, i made the pizza and i've yet to get it to fully crisp in the middle, it still tastes gorgeous so i've not minded at all, i think you would need to add more flour and the olive oil (as mentioned when Janny got the recipe from the research team) but personally i'm not prepared to splash out the extra syns, i've found using a pizza tin helps

weigh in for me today and after a sneaky peek on my scales it's not looking too good, i've been pretty lazy and whilst i haven't been eating too badly i've not been as firm with myself as i usually am so must get back to some serious planning

i'm going to wrap up those sweetie tins today and tie with pretty curly ribbon, that's the only temptation in the house at the moment and i found myself thinking about that spare tin a lot yesterday so will get it out of the way before that chocolate monster starts calling my name[msneek]

have a great day everyone it's only 4 weeks to christmas so be good

Mizzy

Pat M
27-11-2006, 13:45
thanks mizzy i will try that the next time, was out at the match yesterday(we won at last)so i prepared pizzas for all the family as it was easy to pop in the oven when i got home and i didnt feel deprived when i had one although mine took longer to prepare i didnt mind, its good for morale to be eating the same as the family because quite often they wont have the sw food, and i hate having to cook a different meal for myself pat

julieanne
27-11-2006, 14:04
[grouphug] [grouphug] for Karen and Fiona & Cat, thinking of you all

Catch up with everyone later :)

mizzy
28-11-2006, 01:02
not good news + 1lb [msnsad]

i've only 3 more weigh ins til christmas so i must behave myself

Mizzy

28-11-2006, 01:52
Mizzy don't worry too much just take stock and get back to doing what you do best[msnwink] I know you can do it girl[clap]

Sharon G
28-11-2006, 02:38
Fiona....Hope all went well today? Thinking about you all[grouphug]

Mizzy...never mind Mrs ( as you would say to me!!!) you're allowed the odd blip!!![msnwink].....I've been having more than my own fair share!!![msnscared] You'll soon be back on track.
4 weeks to Christmas eh????????[msneek][msneek][msneek]

Pat M
28-11-2006, 02:45
dont worry its not the end of the world, all life is ups and downs and losing weight is just the same, whatever you do between now and christmas you are still aware of the eating plan and if you didnt have it think of how your weight would be, it helps to keep me going, i know every time i stop going to a slimming club i have always went back again heavier and i wont give up this time i may not lose all my weight but i will NEVERbe as heavy again, pat

fiona
28-11-2006, 03:50
Evening all, not too bad today, only a wait of 1 hr (apparently that is par for the course so a massive queue of people in the RT waiting area, spilling out into the freezing cold corridor). We had a pre meeting with dire warnings of no driving, no make up, difficulty eating blah blah. Seems the no make up will hold but she can drive. Skin is very tight and looks sunburnt already, so much for it looking like that after 3 weeks, but she is a redhead, and throat tightening up as they zapped the saliva glands as well (it is a cancer of the saliva glands). She has to be v careful with sun in future on her face and is going to have a mark on lower half of her face for the duration (sun burnt look) which will come out anytime she goes in the sun in future. They extended the number of visits so we now finish 15 Jan, scuppering any chance I had of getting out to the villa for our AGM on 8 Jan (DH is on the HOA). Her caring sister is still out on the whatsit at 11.45 but did at least phone her this evening to check all was well with her. DH is sitting out in his dressing gown fag and mug of tea in hand waiting for her!![gun]

Mizzy I put on last week and have been no saint this last week either, so am now going to get myself back on track - it will be much easier to face christmas with another few pounds off. I am even thinking of going back to the gym - better way of working off some of the stress than getting in a stew about YD me thinks! I whizzed round with the dogs this am (thinking fast walk do the legs and bot good) but tomorrow looks to be wet wet wet, so likely to be in the woods where I have only the dripping trees to contend with rather than sliding round in the mudbath as well as getting soaked!

mizzy
28-11-2006, 13:43
thanks for your support girls[grouphug] i'm pretty ok with the gain just gonna keep plodding on and know that it will be off next week with a little bit more on top[msnwink]

it's very wet here but i'm still going to go for a long walk to burn up a few calories, we now have a jacket for the dog (much to my husbands disgust) so he stays a lot cleaner and he's not giving me as many filthy looks when we take him out in the pouring rain and Fiona i agree with you the dog walking is excellent for those legs and butt especially for me because i live on a hill so it's all up and down

i may have gained weight this week but my body had changed shape a lot which i definately put down to the dog walking, my new regatta jacket looks a little ridiculous now, will have to buy one a size smaller[msnsmile2]

i'm off out for tea today with darling husband, i have NO KIDS !!!!!! for a few hours at teatime so we are going to the local cavery for a meal [msntongue] it's been just over a year since we have had time on our own on a teatime or night[msnoo] so i will enjoy every precious minute[msnsmile2]

will catch up later

new triple christmas pack of hi fi bars in class we had tasters last night and they where gorgeous

Mizzy

28-11-2006, 15:50
Lost 2lbs[clap][clap][clap][clap] 1lb to target Yippee!!!! Sorry just so pleased[msnwink]

julieanne
28-11-2006, 16:41
Well done Julie [clap]

[grouphug] for you Mizzy, but I'm sure you'll lose next week and it's good news that you can see a change in your body!
Enjoy your child free tea tonight [msnwink]

I'm not being very good I'm afraid [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]
I am going to the gym regularly and slowly getting back to where I was before my break and I am on the go at home getting things put straight. But food wise I just can't seem to settle myself into a good routine and I am eating lots of things I know I shouldn't. And it's going to get worse as all the Christmas nights out start [msneek]
Will someone please give me a good talking to [msnwink]

fiona
28-11-2006, 16:50
Well done Julie, you are doing so well!

Julieanne I think you have given yourself a good talking to so we don#t need to say any more.

Banana for brekkies, bulgher wheat salad + cottage cheese, fruit for lunch, tomato pasta and salad for supper. (Making up for all the chocolate, glasses of wine etc during the past week, now why do I think being good for 1 day will have any impact, talk about fooling yourself!)

Have a good day all.

Sharon G
29-11-2006, 00:04
Julie...Well done[clap][clap][clap]. You've done so well.

Julieanne......me and you same, I thinks[msnwink]!!! ...but I have been good so far this week!!!!!! More back problems for me, so believe the lack of more exercise is the problem.,,...if you know what I mean?

Mizzy....Hope you enjoyed your carvery with DH?[msnsmile2]

Fiona, You deserve your glass of wine or two, so dont beat yourself up about that. Everything that you have to contend with makes it so hard to stick to a diet. I think your still doing great and getting lots of exercise with your hounds!!!

Pat M
29-11-2006, 00:26
well done julie i bet its so exciting being so close to goal

Mizzy take advantage of the time on your own with hubby and enjoy your meal

good luck to anyone who may be weighing in tonight

ive been an angel today i went shopping to the metro centre, stopped for a coffee and had a chicken salad sandwich (good choice) but i also bought a pkt of shortbread biscuits (bad choice) ate my sandwich and kept thinking of the biscuits and felt so guilty it may spoil a great week ive ended up bringing them home. THAT IS DEFINITLY A FIRST. i dont know where this inspiration is coming from pat

mizzy
29-11-2006, 02:23
hi everyone i'm just checking in for the evening

Julie, well done mrs i knew you could do it[clap][clap][clap]

Pat, you're doing great too, keep looking at it as choices and tell yourself that you are in control and you'll definately succeed and i'm sure all that trecking around the metrocentre will have helped to burn some calories off today

Julieanne, what can i say[msnembarrased] come on you know that you can do this[msnwink] and as for a good talking to Julieanne i've one thing to say to you "little pickers wear bigger knickers"[msnoo] much bigger ones [msnembarrased]

Sharon it's good to hear you're slowly getting back into the swing of things, hope the back gets a little better soon

if you got weighed tonight Fiona, then i hope it was good news

well i had lovely meal with dh and i was such an angel[angel] no puddings or naughty stuff passed my lips at all[clap]

had a good laugh, saw my neice and her other half and she's sat telling me that she's getting a pole for christmas [msneek] good for exercise she said and dopey me, the clueless one had to have all explained, it seems she's having a pole installed floor to ceiling in her bedroom to dance around and all the young things are doing it for exercise these days [msnoo] or so she says!

Julieanne your a young thing, did the wardrobe guys install a pole for you too?

i think i may be better off sticking to walking Olly for my exercse[msnwink]

Julie B, Sally, Jill, Theresa and Paula, hope it's all going well girls[msnsmile]

Mizzy

fiona
29-11-2006, 03:24
Evening all, bad day for my big girl who was in tears this evening with the pain and discomfort. All I could do was send off to have a warm bath to cheer herself up and give her the satisfaction of crossing days 1 and 2 off her schedule.

Amazingly enough I lost ½lb this evening, so only another 3½ to get back to where I was while I was off the tamoxifen!

Found a site today with lovely things to download for those of us trying to lose weight, plus a weight chart - www.choosing2lose.com. I will download some pics tomorrow and put some on here, some are very funny!

Kazzie
29-11-2006, 04:07
Fiona, Sorry to here that Cat was suffering this evening[msnsad]. Well done to you for losing this week with everything that is going on in your life.[clap][clap]

Well done Julie[clap][clap]

Glad you enjoyed your evening with hubby Mizzy.[msnsmile] A friend of mine did mention about Poles being very good exercise just the other day[msnembarrased] so maybe your neice wasnt telling porkies!

Well done Pat for being so angelic[msnsmile]

Julieanne, good luck getting back on track, I am not being that good either, it has been hard the last couple of weeks with everything that is going on at the moment. I havnt been near the scales either, but some of my clothes feel a little looser so hoping there has not been too much damage and will try my best to get back on track once I have the funeral over with at the end of this week.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow Jan.

Sorry if I have missed anybody, still not keeping proper track with everybody's postings[msnembarrased], will try to catch up at some point when I have a little more time.

Karen

janny
29-11-2006, 12:10
Fiona Please pass on our thoughts to Catriona and to the rest of the family it must be hard for all of you but you should be pleased you are still going the right way with the scales.[clap]

Kazzie I hope too that you and your family are gradually getting things sorted and we will be thinking of you on friday [grouphug]

I have been feeling good this week and hopefully the scales will be good to me tonight as its my last weigh in for 2 weeks .I want get down to 10 stone so that will be my target and I have 4 1/2 lbs to go as of last week although I am not expecting to have lost that much I just need to be close so that I don't feel it is all worthless and blow all the good work on holiday next wek.

My count down ends tonight so I will probably buy a 5 week one and get 6 which will take me up until the new year and hopefully allow me the time I need to get back to target after the festivities.

Have a good day girls.

julieanne
29-11-2006, 13:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
hi everyone i'm just checking in for the evening

Julie, well done mrs i knew you could do it[clap][clap][clap]

Pat, you're doing great too, keep looking at it as choices and tell yourself that you are in control and you'll definately succeed and i'm sure all that trecking around the metrocentre will have helped to burn some calories off today

<span style="color:red">Julieanne, what can i say[msnembarrased] come on you know that you can do this[msnwink] and as for a good talking to Julieanne i've one thing to say to you "little pickers wear bigger knickers"[msnoo] much bigger ones [msnembarrased]</span id="red">

Sharon it's good to hear you're slowly getting back into the swing of things, hope the back gets a little better soon

if you got weighed tonight Fiona, then i hope it was good news

well i had lovely meal with dh and i was such an angel[angel] no puddings or naughty stuff passed my lips at all[clap]

had a good laugh, saw my neice and her other half and she's sat telling me that she's getting a pole for christmas [msneek] good for exercise she said and dopey me, the clueless one had to have all explained, it seems she's having a pole installed floor to ceiling in her bedroom to dance around and all the young things are doing it for exercise these days [msnoo] or so she says!

<span style="color:red">Julieanne your a young thing, did the wardrobe guys install a pole for you too? </span id="red">

i think i may be better off sticking to walking Olly for my exercse[msnwink]

Julie B, Sally, Jill, Theresa and Paula, hope it's all going well girls[msnsmile]

Mizzy
[/quote]

[laugh] Not as young as I was Mizzy but I knew there was something missing from the bedroom [msnwink]

And as for the big knickers, I'm already there [msnwink]

Think between now and Christmas is going to be more a case of damage limitation for me [msnembarrased] Guess we all need to get the balance right between enjoying ourselves and being sensible, some of us will find this easier than others. Sharon will you be in the naughty class with me???? [msnwink] Hope you're feeling better soon.

Fiona, well done on losing after the tough week you've had. Hope your daughter is feeling better this morning

Pat M
29-11-2006, 15:24
fiona tell cat we are all thinking of her and willing her to get through this treatment.

thankyou for all your encouraging comments im sure its because of this site that is enabling me to stay focused, and even if over christmas we put on a few pounds we can encourage each other to get back on track pat

fiona
29-11-2006, 16:18
Morning all, well I stunned the family last night by refusing to have a biscuit with my evening cup of tea, not that I normally do I hasten to add, but my sister had given us a huge tin of yummy biccies that they were all diving into!

Started the morning well, tangerine with my tea when I got up, walked the hounds (lovely weather today) and back for porridge[angel]. I then got myself out a jacket potato, spring onion and cottage cheese for lunch and put it in a bag with DH's sandwiches. Got to work and realised they are still sitting on the kitchen table[gun], what an idiot! Looks like my syn allowance for the day will be going on lunch then. Also left my mobile at home so having a good day of it!!

Spag bog for supper (green version) so something easy for Cat to eat, and easy for me to cook as have to get hall and spare bedroom ready for carpet fitter tomorrow.

Have a good day all and best of luck anyone being weighed.

mizzy
29-11-2006, 20:53
Julieanne[msnembarrased] you're very naughty, but damage limitation is far far better than giving up all together[msnwink]

the way i look at it is i can take anything up to 8 weeks to lose 10lbs so i've asked myself do i want to undo all that hard work and put it all back on again in the two weeks christmas holiday?

it will be hard going because as you know i'm not one to deprive myself but with a 10-12 good days out of 14 and two flexi days i should be able, fingers crossed to limit any gain to under 4lbs[msneek] i'd be happy with that

Fiona, it's sounds very hectic for you at the minute i do hope you are planning some rest over the festive season? i think you could do with a nice trip over to that villa of yours for some R&R[msnsmile]

Julie are you looking forward to your next class, all prepared?

Pat, it's really good to hear that this topic is helping, the girls are all great on here[grouphug] and it doesn't matter how you're doing there's always someone around to lift you up when you're feeling down or to cheer you on when the scales are kind

Mizzy

janny
30-11-2006, 01:09
Just got back from my last weigh in for 2 weeks and have lost 1 1/2 lbs [clap] so am feeling pleased and determined to be good but enjoy myself when away .
Fiona I hope Cat was ok today .

I am off to Bristol tomorrow to see my granddaughter and father before we go away and Johnhas decided he will take us all out to lunch so will have to choose what I can as I don't know where we will end up eating.
Will check in on my return .

mizzy
30-11-2006, 01:53
that's great news Janny, well done[clap][clap][clap] enjoy your meal out tommorrow too

missing you today Julie, hope your happy busy and not too stressed out busy[grouphug]

even if i do say so myself i've been an [angel] today

been busy this evening on ebay buying reese's peanut butter lip balm for Jo's christmas stocking, and some lovely hand made soaps for me, christmas cookie and vanilla buttercream, they both sound good enough to eat:D

Mizzy

30-11-2006, 02:42
Evening all, thanks for missing me Mizzy[grouphug]

Yes been preparing for my next class tomorrow night, I will also have my team manager sitting in on the class too so no pressure[msneek]

Janny and Fiona well done on your loses, Fiona hope Cat was OK today[grouphug]

Julienne have you been being a tinker[msnwink][msnwink]

Hope everyone else is doing well?

May not be on much tomorrow but will check in tomorrow night after my class[msnsmile2]

fiona
30-11-2006, 03:56
Evening gals, well done Janny, we want to see the picture of you in your tiara when you get to target[msnwink].

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, better day today, Cat took the painkillers when she started to feel uncomfortable and was much better today. Perhaps knowing what was likely to happen and nipping it in the bud is better, or is each day going to be different I wonder!

7½ syns on my sandwich - poached salmon and watercress, and I was starving about half an hour later. So when I got home from work the low fat camembert was calling me, so had 3 cheese bics with that on top! Hall is now spotless (RSM act to get rid of the collection of shoes, boots and coats etc!) just did a quick inspection of the spare room and found DH has left his DIY contraption (heavy metal and wood thing) plus the door loose in that room, and is snoring his head off[gun]. Luckily the boyfriend is still with us and has promised to clear it for me tomorrow morning, he does work hard for his supper some days with us!

Oh forgot, YD cooked pancakes after Cat had a fancy for them, yes I did have one, with ice cream rather than lemon and sugar, not to be repeated as too sickly, so something good came out of that!

Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow.

30-11-2006, 10:06
Food dairy from yesterday, green day as usual............

fruits and muller lite yog
skinny lattes HE a's
cous cous with toms, new pots and mushrooms
quorn sauages, sw chips and mushy peas
lots of water
banana, apple and orange
HiFi bar HE b

extra latte = 6 syns
2 cadburys heros 4 syns total syns 10[angel]

julieanne
30-11-2006, 13:52
Hope the class goes well for you tonight Julie.
Yes I have been a bit naughty [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased] I just haven't been able to settle into a routine since I got back from my hols. With not being too well and all the upset at home with jobs being done I haven't planned ahead for meals and I have just ended chosing things for convenience - I really daren't get on the scales as I know I will have put more on since I've been home than I did while I was away [msneek]
No-one to blame but myself, I need to try and have a good few weeks before Christmas [msnscared]

Better get on with some work now - have a good day all :)

mizzy
30-11-2006, 17:18
just quickly popping in, it's dh's day off today and i don't want him thinking i do nothing than sit on here all day[msnwink]

i just wanted to say good luck to those getting weighed today , Jill and Sally and to you too Julie, you'll have to let us know how the class went tommorrow

have a great day ladies[angel]

Mizzy

Pat M
30-11-2006, 17:53
julieanne have you stopped going to class, because ive found in the past telling myself i will lose a few pounds before i go back to class doesnt work, i just jump on the scales and take my punishment and start again, weigh day again for me, and good luck to anyone else whos being weighed today pat

Pat M
01-12-2006, 02:40
weighed in tonight with 1/2 lb off and im bitterly dissapointed, i have been an angel all week and feel i deserve more but i suppose the scales dont lie, someone suggested changing my food around and try new stuff which ive done, but it hasnt worked, and i have to confess ive pigged out tonight while licking my wounds, so now its time to sleep on it and tomorrow is the start of a new week and try and pick myself up, times in the past ive given up but i wont this time pat

Pat M
01-12-2006, 02:42
sorry too busy feeling sorry for myself i didnt ask how others did tonight and julie how did your class go this week it has to get better pat

Kazzie
01-12-2006, 02:47
Pat, dont be disappointed, 1/2lb is still better off than on. Sometimes our bodies take a while to adjust and maybe you will have a good loss next week. Either way, just look back at how well you have done and congratulate yourself.

Karen

01-12-2006, 10:18
Thanks girls class went better, just need more practice, plus I have my third day of training on Sunday which will really help as its all about Image Therapy[msnwink]

Pat 1/2 a lb a week is 26lbs a year!!! So its not to be seen as failure quite the opposite[msnsmile2] Go back to food optimising today and put last night behind you[msnwink]

Good food day agin yesterday, green as usual...

fruits and muller lite
skinny lattes HE a's
omelette with pots and mushrooms
1/2 whole meal roll HE b
jacket pot and beans
HiFi bar HE b
lots of water[angel]
banana

2 cadburys heros 4 syns

Pat M
01-12-2006, 12:12
thanks for your support girls i think i will try more red days this week and see how i do and i will go back to food optimising,i would like to be 26lbs lighter this time next year but when you are dissappointed you forget to tell yourself these things, but ive woke up in a better frame of mind and ive got the fighting spirit back pat

Pat M
01-12-2006, 12:12
thanks mizzy thats great

mizzy
01-12-2006, 14:03
i echo what Julie is saying Pat, that all those 1/2lbs really can add up and yes you may have wanted more but slow and steady has been proven to help keep that weight off for good

i think attitude has a lot to do with it too, i would never say take your punishment, the scales are not the only tool for measuring success

look at everyday being a series of choices, we will make good ones, bad ones and some pretty stupid ones but that's life and if you can be kinder to yourself when the choice you've made hasn't been so good it will really help

when Julie, says "image therapy" it's exactly that, a really powerful tool that puts you in control, so celebrate that loss and forgive yourself for last night, we are all of us human and pobodys nerfect[msnwink]

oh and about giving up, my consultant has another class where 5 friends all joined in january 06, only one of the girls is still a member, they where all rather heavy (morbidly obese)and where losing quickly for the first few months but once the weight losses started to slow one by one they dropped out because they couldn't take the odd 1/2lb loss here and there or they were disappointed to have found themselves staying the same, the girl who stayed with it came to our class to talk to us, she has lost an incredible 9 stone[msnsmile2] and she says herself she can hardly believe it, she looks a different person and her friends who initially thought she was bonkers to keep going when she hadn't lost any weight for one or two weeks are now all slowly drifting back to class heavier than when they started and kicking themselves for giving up

so there's definately a lesson for us all there Pat, everyone struggles and everyone want's that target NOW!!! but if you stick with it no matter how slow the journey you will arrive[msnsmile]

Julie good to hear that your class went well, have you tried those new hi fi bars yet?

Mizzy

Pat M
01-12-2006, 15:50
thanks mizzy what an inspiration, its exactly right ive given up in the past and always went back heavier but i swore no matter what i wouldnt give up this time no matter how much or how little i lost, i couldnt take being heavier than i was when i started the club this time, so im here for life and if it takes that long then so be it pat

02-12-2006, 02:38
Another good green day today..

fruits and yog
cous cous and toms, new pots and mushrooms
banana
chicken HE b chow mein homemade 4 syns
HiFi bar HE b
skinny lattes HE a's
lots of water[angel]
2 cadburys heros 4 syns

totl syns for today 8[angel]

Mizzy I love your story, can I use it in my class please[msnwink]

Pat M
02-12-2006, 03:06
ive just had a so so day but as the day has gone on ive put it into the back of my mind so i will be back, as the saying goes tomorrow pat

02-12-2006, 03:50
Pat why not post your food diary good or bad, it helps to write things down and we can help you[grouphug]

mizzy
02-12-2006, 13:21
well hands up i admit i had a flexible day yesterday

my head is FULL UP with the cr*p that comes with christmas, relatives being a pain and all that[msnmad] and somehow i had one pudding instead of two [msnembarrased] so an extra 8 syns added to yesterdays other[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

i'm staying relaxed though and i'm going to carry on as normal, i could blame the pudding incident down to pmt but if i'm being ultra honest it was just sheer greed[msntongue]

i've got a busy day ahead with lots of general cleaning to get on with, "bottoming" my mother calls it, all the doors, skirtings etc to be washed and curtains to be dry cleaned before those christmas decorations can be put up, we have the tree up but nothing else as yet

will pop in later with full food diary and progress report

Mizzy

02-12-2006, 14:05
P.S New HiFi bars are yummy, its hard having 14 boxes of HiFi bars in my hall[msntongue]

Pat M
02-12-2006, 18:18
i agree the new bars are lush, mizzy im a fine one to give advice on bad days but just put it behind you and make a fresh start today, i think i will take my own advice, pat

janny
02-12-2006, 19:16
Well I think I might have no problem losing the rest of my weight in the next couple of months as we learnt last night we have to move out of our house by the end of Jan . We are off to Florida for 8 days on tuesday then we have christmas and then we are off to Pisa for 4 days in early Jan so with all that trying to pack up 27 years worth of rubbish and find a home I don't think I will have time to eat .! [msnsmile]

Have been out today looking at possible homes but to no avail although it has strengthened our minds to what we don't want .
Am off out tonight to friends fopr supper but it is the one I go to SW with so I know I won't stray off the beaten track.

Have a good weekend girls .

mizzy
03-12-2006, 02:29
well i've had a good day, not perfect but good

been very busy with cleaning and walking the dog so that has helped to keep me away from temptation

Janny, hope you are having a good time and you'll have to keep us informed of your house hunting, mind you, i don't envy you one little bit, part of me would love to sell up and buy an old dilapatated bungalow on the west coast of scotland and the sensible side of me, says i would have to be off my head to contemplate such a move with my two children, awww well, you never know? perhaps when we are old and grey[msneek]

i live in quite a modern house, it being approx 15yrs old and i would never have considered a very old property when we bought this one, now i long for character in a house with lots of period features, it's funny how we change our priorities as the children grow and we get that little bit older

Julie, 14 boxes in the hall, how on earth are you keeping the children out of them? blackmail!

mizzy

03-12-2006, 03:42
Mizzy, I had not even thought of how I keep the children out of them, they don't even give them a second look, I have got lots of my SW stuff in storage boxes all stood next to my treadmill in the first hall (we have a second hall too, wierd shaped house) as we come in the front door and they just would not think of touching anything that's not theirs, I suppose its because from when they were very little I always taught them not to touch whats not theirs and they just don't[msnwink]

Good ish day not really eaten enough and had a few choccies tonght but only about 15 syns worth max, so happy with that but I did miss lunch[msneek]

Off to day 3 training tomorrow so won't be on until late, I have been offered a second class if I want to take it over, its a Monday morning class that needs a permanent consultant so I am considering it[msnscared]

Have a great Sunday all!!!

Pat M
03-12-2006, 04:18
ive had a good day
friut and yoghurt for breakfast
ham and beetroot with satsumas after
sw sausages bacon mushrooms tomatos and 2 eggs 2 bread sprayed with frylite to make fried bread for tea mullerlite yog with a squirt of less fat cream 1syn
2weigh[bad language filtered out]chers ginger and lemon cookies 5 syns
1 pear and 4 dark ryvita with xtra light LC cheese spread
when its written down it looks quite a bit to eat but i enjoyed it. while you are considering taking the extra class will they not let you take it on a temporary basis to see if you would like it permanantly julie,going to bed now so everybody have a good day tomorrow pat

fiona
03-12-2006, 04:30
Evening gals, on late night taxi driver routine for YD as usual!!

Have a throat feeling like it has razor blades in it today, so only eaten ice cream for lunch and a small portion of spag bog (more pasta than meat) with a small salad. Have drunk hot tea and water for the whole of the UK never mind England to try and soothe said throat. Am meant to be Xmas shopping tomorrow in Reading with my mother and ED + boyfriend. I have a 30% off Gap voucher, and although I normally think twice at paying UK prices that might just overcome my prejudices!

Hope you find something suitable Jan, otherwise it is rented accommodation for you - what about a new house, I thought you were thinking of that as a temp measure?? Has all the material gone?

janny
03-12-2006, 12:58
Fiona sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100% maybr the retail therapy will help:)

Having gone round yesterday it is looking like renting for 6 months until somethng comes upi because even if the right home in the right place appears soon we won't be able to complete in time 8 weeks is just not long enough - unless the house is already vacant .

In our area they are building new homes- but they are flats and not houses so not really what we are looking for and again they won't be ready in time .

As for the fabric -you are having a laugh aren't you -John has now officially gone into panic mode :D:D

mizzy
03-12-2006, 14:04
Another good green day today..

fruits and yog
cous cous and toms, new pots and mushrooms
banana
chicken HE b chow mein homemade 4 syns
HiFi bar HE b
skinny lattes HE a's
lots of water[angel]
2 cadburys heros 4 syns

totl syns for today 8[angel]

<span style="color:red">Mizzy I love your story, can I use it in my class please[msnwink]
[/quote]</span id="red">

Julie, about the girl who's lost 9 stone, of course you can, everyone needs a little inspiration

you have very well behaved children, i'm still teaching mine to wash themselves and to not make personal comments about people and most importantly of all not to scream when people turn up unexpectedly[msnsad]

i used to be very quiet and shy until i had the children but fighting for the help they are entitled too and learning to speak up changed everything, now i have the biggest gob of them all[msnsmile2]

i've got to be the social workers and education authorities worst nightmare and not just because i'm a big mouth, i'm an informed and educated big mouth and they hate that[msnwink]

Mizzy

Pat M
04-12-2006, 11:22
mizzy good for you i would do exactly the same as you in your position,the government or councils never tell you your entitlements you have to fight for them,
ive had another good day i wrote everything downto keep track as sunday ist an easy day for me especially when we visit MIL but i made it. i had a red day pat

julieanne
04-12-2006, 14:22
Morning ladies, well another weekend has raced by – hope everyone had a good one.
I spent a lot of mine trying to get paint off my car. I had been to b&q and must have driven through some spilt white paint in the car park. :( [msnmad] Two tyres are covered in white paint, it is embedded in all the tread and I cant get it off/out. Thankfully it is coming off the car’s paintwork but as there are so many splashes it’s going to take a long time to get it all :( [msnmad]

Julie, have you decided yet about taking on a second class?

Janny, good luck with the house hunting. I was so lucky when I moved this summer, from putting my offer in it took only 7 weeks to sell my house and move!

I am going to do my best to be good from now on – but will have to make allowances for all the nights/lunches out I have planned.
I will try and start posting a food diary again – seeing it posted on here might give me some inspiration!!! [msneek]

Today (not SW – just healthy (I think) eating)
seriously oaty and banana for breakfast
got egg with teaspoon of low cal mayonnaise on malted grain bap for lunch
having salmon and sweet potato tonight
apples, grapes and yoghurt for snacking and lots of water.

Also at the weekend I found my “holiday notes” so will start to post my <s>trip report</s> food report soon [msnwink] [msntongue]

mizzy
04-12-2006, 19:13
oooh Julieanne, i'm looking forward to reading that food trip report, any pictures would be great too[msnwink]

would you recommend any food places in particular for us to go to, i know you're quite a fan of bahama breeze (that's on our list allready)

been out at a childrens birthday party this lunch time, Jo's school is off today and the party was for a girl in one of the other classrooms, it was in pizza hut[msneek] not the healthiest place in the world but i just had a coffee and a hi fi bar so i'm ok[msnsmile2]

will be a quick dash in and out to class tonight, the village is having it christmas market and it's so nice all lit up for the occasion, if the scales are kind tonight i may treat myself to a nice warming glass of mulled wine[msntongue]

will check in later with results good[angel]or bad[msnembarrased]???

Julie, how did the SW training go?

Mixxy

04-12-2006, 22:54
Hi all, training was very long plus with a 2 hour drive either side it was a very long and tiring day, but also very rewarding and I learnt a lot[msnwink]

I also went to visit the other class I am thinking of taking on and its very nice so I think I may go for it even though it will cost me more for the francise fee [msnsmile2]

Mizzy I hope its good news tonight[clap]

Julieanne looking forward to that report[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

mizzy
05-12-2006, 02:35
-1.5lbs so very pleased[msnsmile2]

had a lovely time at the christmas market, brass band playing carols and pretty lights up everywhere it was lovely for the children

i picked up my door wreath from my florist friend (her shop is next door to the mil's, handy hey?)so finally the outside of my house decoration wise is finished

walking about was realy chilly with the wind but had nice mulled wine as a treat to warm me up[msntongue]

Mizzy

fiona
05-12-2006, 13:47
Well done Mizzy that's great news and a real boost in the lead up to Christmas.

Am trying to summon up the strength to go out with the dogs as I am still feeling dreadful am beyond hoarse - no voice at all. Am meant to be at Fenwicks tonight for Christmas shopping night, but something tells me I am not going to get there, which is annoying as 25% off everything!

Am not eating much jsut what slides comfortably down my throat, which along with bananas, is ice cream, porridge, pikelets and soup, so some [angel] and some [}:)]!

Bad news at the hospital yesterday - not health wise, but we cannot fly to Florida until end of Feb / March as her ear is going to be so infected by the end of the treatment, and risk a perforated eardrum on the flight[msncry]. So Cat and I are gutted as we had been planning and really looking forward to 3 weeks in the villa at the end of Jan, with DH & YD out for half term. So it now look as if we will have to just force ourselves to be there for Easter, with Cat and I going out 2 weeks earlier. DH is going to see if he can get some golfing mates to go with him so he can do a maintenance trip in Jan, and if the flights are v cheap we might nip out for a week in Feb so that we don't have to do too much when the gals are with us in the way of replacement buying / decorating etc.

We have decided to go ahead with a new cat (or cats as the charity up here insists we take 2) so expecting the visit this week with the kittens ready for us after Christmas. The mouse is trying to take over my kitchen and whatever traps / poison I leave out for him is having no effect[msnmad], or else there are so many of them .... doesn't bear thinking about it does it? Oh the joys of an old house built on suspended floors! Spare room decorating is now completed and looks v smart, just have to buy some new sheets and a bed valance to match, our M&S has given up selling bedding for christmas, so a trip to John Lewis is in order.

Have a good day gals.

thornton
05-12-2006, 14:38
Morning all, sorry I haven't been around much lately but have been very busy. We were away for the weekend and then had a HOA meeting on Sunday on the way home. MILs yesterday.

Got home sunday night to find some four Christams cards telling us of three deaths during the year. Then a message on the phone saying one of Brian's uncles by marriage had died so it was not a very happy home coming. We therefore have a funeral next week and I have to miss one of my girls only lunchs.

Put on 0.5lb last week but think I may have lost this week despite being away as I have been very good and fairly active.

Julie, hope you get your second class sorted out.

Fiona, I am so sorry that you will not be able to get out to Florida until March. We will probably miss each other unless you do get out in February with Chris. If you do we must meet up again. How is Cat at the moment? We have both been thinking about you all. I do hope that YD is helping out [?][?][?][?] If she isn't give her a clip round the ear from me.[msntongue][msntongue]

Pat M
05-12-2006, 17:55
well done mizzy thats a good loss this time of year, and fiona when you do get to florida you will enjoy it all the better for the wait im sure. i wsnt very well yesterday iv bee suffering with sinus trouble for a couple of monthsbeen to docs a couple of times, took various different things but it never really went away,and yesterday it knocked me quite dizzy and sickly, so i just picked all day which wasnt good, up to now ive been better today so hope it will last pat

05-12-2006, 18:00
Hi all,

Mizzy very well done mrs[clap][clap][clap] I am proud of you and I wish you were in my group![clap][clap][clap]

Fiona sorry to hear your news[grouphug] Hope you manage to get out asap and you will enjoy it even more[msnsmile]

Pat hope you feel better soon too[msnsmile]

I have had my two youngest off sick for two days so did not manage to weigh in but will do in my own class on Thursday night[msnwink]

Julieanne how the healthy eating going? Hope you are doing well as its only Tuesday[msnwink][msnwink]

I have decided to take the Monday morning class[msnoo] so will need to get it all sorted out asap so I am in for January[clap]

Have a good day all!!!

fiona
05-12-2006, 18:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: I do hope that YD is helping out If she isn't give her a clip round the ear from me.[/quote]

Jill, in at sometime round 3.00am last night .... need I say more:(. All we can think is she can't cope with what is going on at home and going into self-destruct mode, I just hope she pulls herself out of it in time for her exams, as it's her future she is messing up.

julieanne
05-12-2006, 18:57
Fiona - sorry to hear you've had to delay your trip, but I suppose the main thing is you all get fit and well enough to enjoy it to the full when you do get there [grouphug]

Pat - you have my sympathy, I've been suffering with catarrh (sp?) and blocked sinuses for a few weeks now too - it's not pleasant is it??

Julie - can't you come and start a class near me [msnwink] - you would do me the power of good, I'm sure.

Todays healthy eating

seriously oaty
nectarine
chicken on malted grain bun with thin spreading of sweet onion relish
activa yoghurt
apple
jacket pot with baked beans
banana
water and green tea

Not to forget you Mizzy - very well done - makes up for you being a little disappointed last week [clap] [clap]

mizzy
05-12-2006, 20:25
seems like it's getting worse for you before things can get better Fiona, you would think yd would give things a rest it being the season of peace and goodwill[msneek] and with you having so much to cope with allready, hope things get a little better soon[grouphug]

Julieanne and Pat,i can sympathise with you it's very painfull when your sinuses are blocked, hopefully after my 3rd op (jan 4th) i'll never have to suffer again (please, please please!) hope you both start to feel better soon [msnsmile]

well i've got to say i was relieved to see a loss last night, it's that downhill slide to christmas that did all the damage last year and temptation seems all around me !!!again!!!

i've been to see my parents at lunchtime and you would think mum has opened up a bakery the amount of goodies she's been busy making, there's christmas cakes lined up along the kitchen worktops and mince pies cooling in the spare room and quite a few of them are "testers" as she puts it, my mum also makes her own toffee and fudge so there's quite a few boxes of them too but at least they are all packaged up and ready to go[msneek]

Mizzy

Pat M
05-12-2006, 23:37
mizzy do you mean youve have had your sinuses flushed ive suffered with blocked sinuses for years on and off and nobody has suggested to me to have it done it might be worth mentioning it to the doc tomorrow,do you think its worth it, pat

Sharon G
05-12-2006, 23:42
Evening all!!!!!!

Mizzy ...well done[clap][clap]. keep it up lady.

Fiona, Easter will be here before you know it[msnwink][msnwink].....about 18 weeks, I thinks (only counting cos thats when we go!!![msnwink])

Julie...Hope your two little ones are feeling better?

Julieanne.....come on lady, where's the food photos?...and the one of you in the bikini, on the beach, in Florida??[msnwink]

Well, I have been very very good and have lost 5 and a half pounds!!!!...but that is over 2 weeks (daren't weigh myself before!)
So feeling alot better with myself.[msnsmile2]

mizzy
06-12-2006, 01:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pat M
mizzy do you mean youve have had your sinuses flushed ive suffered with blocked sinuses for years on and off and nobody has suggested to me to have it done it might be worth mentioning it to the doc tomorrow,do you think its worth it, pat
[/quote]

no nothing quite as simple as that Pat, i have had two operations to take out polyps (little fluid filled sacs that grow on the inside of your nasal passage ways and then fill up and obstruct the airway)

there are different causes for having these and mine are allergen based, a recent scan showed that i have benign tumors in the base sinus cells, the 2nd op should have showed this had they sent what they removed for the right tests[msnmad]

this 3rd op is actually two operations taking place at the same time first they will go into the nose with a small telescope and take out the polyps then the 2nd part will involve them popping out my eyes and going further up behind the optic nerve into my forehead and down just under my eyes to clear out the base cells that trigger the allergens, if they cannot get safely past the optic nerve then he's going in through my skull through small (he definately promised small!) shaved sections at the side of my head just above and possibly behind my ears[msnscared]

the 2nd op completely took away my sense of smell and with these base cells being removed there will never be any possibilty that i will be able to smell again, the taste has been an issue too but that's not bothered me as much

none of it bothers me too much really, i will probably have two lovely black eyes as a birthday present and i'm worried that the children will find it confusing but i will be able to breathe freely again[msnsmile]

Sharon 5.5lbs WOW!!!!! that's fantastic you must be so pleased[clap][clap][clap]

Julie, just read that you decided to take the monday class, you go girl[clap] it'll be buzzing with new members come jan and once i'm up and well i'll come down and drop in for a flying visit[msnwink]

Mizzy

Pat M
06-12-2006, 02:10
mizzy that doesnt sound pleasant but if it helps you breathe properly it wil be worth it, there is a few people you may have to explain to never mind the kids, just tell them you should see the other guy.

Pat M
06-12-2006, 02:19
sorry i pressed the button too soon i wanted to ask sharon if i could come and live with her for a while and eat what she is having, i could do with a boost(a cadburys one)
i havent been too bad today but ive lost the motivation i had last week, although it didnt get me very far but i will keep pluggig away. nowt else for it if i want to feel better pat

julieanne
06-12-2006, 12:57
Sharon, well done girl [clap] [clap] - I'm trying to be good, but don't think I'm as much of an [angel] as you must have been.
I didn't take many photos at all - but there is one of me tucking into some of my fav cheesecake - will post it whenever I can get onto my pc at home and remember how to download pics [msneek]
Me in a bikini - do you want this site to crash [msnwink] [msnwink]

Mizzy I know a few people who have had their sinuses flushed but not what you describe. Doesn't sound pleasant but the results will be worth it.

mizzy
06-12-2006, 13:08
i don't think they flush sinuses that much anymore i think they now look for the cause and try to treat things that way i've certainly never had mine done, they have always gone for the more aggresive approach[msnsad] it'll be uncomfortable but worth it in the end[msnsmile]

i've got some sad news, little Oliver has a cut paw, he stood on some glass last night on his walk and bless him he didn't even wimper, we only noticed when we got back into the house as he was bleeding quite badly[msnsad] i'm going to phone the vet this morning and take him, he will definately need some antibiotics and perhaps a stitch, at the moment he has a improvised sock dressing and he's sat under my computer chair snuggled into my leg[grouphug]

will report back later and let you know how he got on

Mizzy

julieanne
06-12-2006, 13:14
Poor Ollie :(

fiona
06-12-2006, 16:30
Oh Mizzy a big [grouphug] for you and that horrible sounding process with your sinuses, and of course one for Ollie too. Bathe his paw in a warm water with sea salt solution - very good for cuts. Some people are so thoughtless about where they drop things.

Mega miffed of MH here - +½lb - goodness me this is going off, back on etc. week after week. Still I suppose I have done nothing but chuck back lemsip and cough sweets since Saturday, still been goodish the rest of the time! Can't eat anything at the moment as mouth ulcerated, so hot soup it is!

Have a good day gals.

janny
06-12-2006, 18:12
GOOD MORNING ALL FROM SUNNY FLORIDA !!!!

Arrived last night and having had my porridge and fruit this am have been out for a jog.I am hoping to be ablke to stay on track as much as possible whilst here so have stocked up with fruit and yougurts .

So sorry to read of all the ailments and set backs on here but also of the good news some of you have too so well done to those who need the priase and [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug] to those who need them too.
Speak to you all soon I have to wait in for my hot tub -its a hard job !!

bye

Pat M
06-12-2006, 18:31
the hard job janny is when they ask you to install it, ooops i mean try it out, keep going everyone even if we dont lose a lot before christmas lets not put it on pat

mizzy
06-12-2006, 18:31
well i'm back from the vets but poor Olly has to stay and be stitched up, it's quite bad so they are going to do it under anesthetic[msnsad] i felt so awful leaving him there[msncry]

just waiting for the call now to say we can collect him

Janny, enjoy your hot tub but think of us cold and shivering back at home and we want piccies, i still don't know what you look like, you and Kazzie and Pat now too, come on girls we want photies[msnwink]

Fiona, i cannot quite figure if you have lost or gained the half lb? you have put a - and a +

pat, stay away from those boost bars, they are definately addictive, my diet buddy calls them s*x on a stick[msneek]how about building in a choccie treat for when you really really need a fix?

Julieanne, stop trying to wriggle out of those photies, we all know you're a skinny[msnwink]

Mizzy

fiona
06-12-2006, 18:57
Mizzy it's a +½lb!!

mizzy
06-12-2006, 22:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Mizzy it's a +½lb!!
[/quote]

oh dear Fiona, never mind as my consultant would say it's just a big wee[msneek] i would look at the little 1/2lb up and then 1/2lb down as practice for when you reach target and i know you will reach target Fiona so don't worry[msnsmile]

Olly is home very drowsy, he's had 6 stitches, we've been told to give him a tiny bit of cooked chicken for tonight but only if he looks for food, poor little mite looks ever so sad[msnsad]

i've had two slices of toast and a cereal bar so far, i have been very tempted to open a box of chocs i have in for teachers but just about managing to resist, there's sweet potato wedges in the oven and i'm having these with beans and egg, once they are cooked i'll be totally fine and ignore the chocs[msnwink]

Mizzy

07-12-2006, 00:29
Mizzy don't you dare open the chocs that are for the teacher[msnoo][msnwink]

Fiona Mizzy is right and you will get to target[msnsmile2]

Well I have been a good girl even though there was a Thorntons cake in the house as it was MIL's birthday, I had a tiny piece = one large bite, and made her take what was left home[angel]

Todays diary......

fruits and yog
banans x 2
skinny lattes HE a's
cous cous and veggies
spanish omelette with peas 1 tbs olive oil HE b
HiFi bar HE b
small piece of cake = 5 syns ish

Janny enjoy Florida[clap][clap]

mizzy
07-12-2006, 01:38
you'll be pleased to know Julie i didn't touch the chocs except to wrap them[msnwink]

food diary for today

my usual brekkie toast and ginger jam (2syns)
cereal bar 4.5syns
tea was sweet potato wedges, chilli beans and egg
2 plums and a museli yogurt

doesn't sound much but my tea was massive and was at the vets lunchtime

little Olly is asleep[msnsmile]

Mizzy

Kazzie
07-12-2006, 04:06
Well, I am not sure where to start as I have not been around for so long![msnembarrased]

Well done Sharon G for the 5lb loss and Mizzy for the 1.5lb loss[clap][clap][clap]

I have just had a quick shufty through some of the most recent postings and have already forgotten most of all the news![msnembarrased] Its not that I am not interested, honest.

Fiona, I hope you are feeling much better now, I had the razor blades in the throat thingy about 3 weeks ago and my throat does still feel a bit gravelly so I know how you feel.

Julie, I hope your classes are going well and good luck for January when you will no doubt be inundated with new clients.

Mizzy I am sorry to hear about poor Ollie and him having to had stitches, poor thing. Lily was speyed a couple of weeks ago and has only now been allowed to be off the lead on our walks. It has been so hard as she has so much energy. On Saturday we went to visit my Mum as usual and she always bakes cakes and biscuits etc. Not that I ever eat any of them[msnwink] My sisters, myself and my mum were sat chatting when we heard rattling plates in the kitchen. When I went to investigate Lily had almost eaten a whole chocolate cake! She is a nightmare where food is involved[msneek], not sure how we can sort her out, her nose just plays havoc when she can smell food!!!

I have lost 5 and 1/2 lbs in the last couple of weeks but really cannot take any credit for it as this has been while my poor MIL was very ill and died. We still have loads of the financial side to sort, its very difficult with FIL having Alzheimers and he doesnt know where MIL had her bank accounts etc. He has also deteriorated and is no longer being prescribed his meds for the alzheimers. I have probably gained a few lbs tonight too as it was my daughters 11th birthday today so we went to our local Italian restaurant and I shamefully ate all the wrong things[msnembarrased][msnmad]. Anyway, tomorrow is another day.[msntongue]

Janny, hope all goes straight forward with the installation of the hot tub.

Sorry to those that I havnt mentioned, I find it really hard keeping up with everyone, it must be my age! lol!

Karen

mizzy
07-12-2006, 11:54
so sorry to hear about your mil and your fil Karen, it must be a nightmare time for you at the minute[grouphug] and i know you probably don't believe it but it will get better even if it's just a little bit every day, so take care of yourself and your family will be thinking of you[msnsmile]

marie x

julieanne
07-12-2006, 14:05
Mizzy hope little Ollie is a bit happier with life this morning? Well done on not giving in to the chocolates [angel]

Janny - enjoy Florida and your hot tub [msnwink]

Karen [grouphug] for you

Food for yesterday
seriously oaty
grapes & apple
chicken & sweetcorn on malted grain bap
activa yog
fish pie & sweetcorn
orange
lots of water & green tea

Todays plan
seriously oaty
apple
tuna in wholemeal pitta
activa yog
banana
chicken stir fry
water & green tea
<span style="color:green"> amended to include 3 cadburys heros & 1 small chocolate biscuit from the huge tins just brought in to work by our boss [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]</span id="green">

Pat M
08-12-2006, 01:26
hi everyone good news tonight ive lost 1 1/2 lbs dont know how as the week hasnt been too good maybe its from last weeks excellent week, still im taking it and to top it all i got my 1 stone award, i hope the next one comes off a bit quicker,still im pleased and i think i will definitly
try more red days as i think im not so full as i am on green days. how did others do today, pat

mizzy
08-12-2006, 01:46
well done Pat a stone award that's great news[clap][clap][clap]you must be so pleased [msnsmile]

i've had a pretty good day too, not perfect but good

Mizzy

08-12-2006, 10:24
Morning all, class went well thank you, feeling more relaxed and confident now[msnsmile2]

Karen sorry to hear your news[grouphug][grouphug]

Well done Pat that is fab news[clap][clap][clap]

Mizzy hope Ollie is better today[grouphug]

Janny enjoy Florida!

Julieanne diary is looking good mrs[clap]

Food diary for yesterday.........

fruits and yog
skinny lattes HE a's
omelette with pots
cottage pie HE b
HiFi bar HE b
Lots of water[angel]
2 cadburys heros 4 syns

Have a great day all[msnwink]

mizzy
08-12-2006, 13:00
good to hear your class went well Julie, it sounds like you're well into the swing of things and you need to be because the month of january is gonna be hectic for you, i wanted to ask, have you got a tin of cadbury's here's that you are dipping into for your end of the day treat?

it's good to see a food diary with something on like cadburys heros it shows that you can lose weight and stay at target whilst food optomising[msnsmile]you must be very strong to stop at two, on my weeker days i'd have to ask husband to hide the tin because i would have trouble stopping at two[msnembarrased]

i'm having a hard time at the minute with the usual family christmas cr*p getting me down and i'm doing my all to keep in control of the food that's going into my mouth especially as i cannot walk Olly very far, i keep telling myself how far i've come and i've put a big notice on the fridge saying "+ 10lbs damage last christmas!!!!! don't undo all that hard work!"

will report in later with a food diary and you can keep an eye on me[msnscared]

Karen, Lily is'nt a border collie by any chance?, i know it's naughty but had to laugh about the cake, i remember quite clearly when i was about 10 or 11 and we had no meat for our sunday dinner because Tess our border collie had jumped up onto the worktop and eaten a full joint of beef that was totally raw and mum was just about to pop into the oven, not content with eating the joint she also stunk all afternoon and well into the night[msneek]

Mizzy

julieanne
08-12-2006, 14:06
Julie glad to hear your classes are going well [clap]
My diary might look good for this week Julie but I got weighed this morning for the first time in 7 weeks [msnoo] [msnsad]
In that 7 weeks I have put 5lbs on [msncry] [msncry]
I now have half a stone to lose to get to where I want to be - perhaps this is the kick up the behind I need [msnembarrased]
So I'll keep posting my diary (but I've got lots of Christmas nights & lunches out to come) and perhaps you will keep an eye on mine along with Mizzy's [msnwink]

Keep going Mizzy [grouphug] , you must allow yourself a treat or two especially over Christmas but if you keep reading that notice on your fridge I'm sure you'll do ok.

Well done Pat [clap]

08-12-2006, 15:22
Hi Mizzy,

I am at the Trafford Centre on their computer so will be brief[msnwink] I buy a small box of Cadburys Heros on a Friday and we have some over the weekend and if there are any left I dip in over the following week, I also like the Dairy Milk treat sized variety box too I think they are arround 2 or 2.5 syns each too[msnwink][msntongue]

Catch you later when I am home[msnwink]

fiona
08-12-2006, 16:01
Morning girls, late night last night at the hospital as the radiotherapy machines broken for a second day (and once last week - makes you wonder doesn't it?) so back home 6.30 with a long wait at the hospital, and best of all the usual daily charge to park the car[msnmad]. I know they allow us to get a token so it's only 50p but really do they think we go there because we want to? Rant over!

Yesterday porridge for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and then blew it all as DH cooked supper for us as we were running late, fresh pasta with bought mascapone and tomato sauce AND garlic bread, and yes I just had to have some!

Still have a mouthful of ulcers so cannot eat any fruit, so just about managed a glass of tomato juice this am, soup for lunch and am thinking pasta for supper with a homemade tomato sauce.

Hope Ollie is on the mind Mizzy, 6 stitches, it must of hurt and was a very big cut, they are very stoic about things I find. I think Karen's Lily is an Italian Spinone from memory. Labs are particularly known for their piggish behaviour, but to be honest, if food is around they are all pigs! Mine will eat almost anything, but for some reason don't seem to reason they could snaffle stuff off the kitchen worksurface, or the table. Their noses aer table height so they could easily pinch stuff. Our first oldie was a real thief, nothing was safe, she had cooked chicken (whole!) pate, raw meat etc etc. None of the other 3 we have had since have been so bad, but she was a rescue dog, I always think they are the worst as it seems to be with them forever the worry of where their next meal will come from.

More bad news for our family, my sister who is 45 found a massive lump in her breast yesterday, whipped down the GPs and she is waiting for an emergency appointment from the breast clinic. She has just opened a tea shop which she runs with her and 1 assistant, and is on the verge of splitting up with her husband. Obviously we are hoping it is just a cyst, but it's going to be a long week / 10 days while they do all the tests.

And to cap it all, YD b******* off Tuesday night after a row about coming in at 3.00am during the week. Sent me a text message after the event, promised to phone me the next day - followed by total silence, and I am not phoning her, she can ring me. DH incandescent with fury, likely to cut her phone off, and cut the allowance off.

Still it is actually quite peaceful at home for a change, with just ED and us. We are going to put the deccies up on Saturday, so mega whizz round tonight and tomorrow morning clearing stuff and packing ornaments etc away, and christmas shopping on Sunday.

Got a surprise pressie from a stationery company this morning at work - a 1kg bar of cadburys! I don't think I dare see how many syns that has[msnwink].

Janny I am sure you are far too busy do pop in here every day but hope you have been enjoying your new hot tub, have a lovely time, and I so wish we could be there now.

Have a good day all.

mizzy
08-12-2006, 17:20
well i can't believe how positive you sound Fiona, [grouphug]

with yd a short sharp shock such as cutting off her allowance may just do the trick, it might possibly be the wake up call she needs[msneek]

Ollly only cut one of the smaller pads on his paw but it must have been an irregular piece of glass as most of the darker part was open, he's quite chirpy and we are just about managing to keep his dressing dry so after a quick vet visit on monday for a check at the healing and new dressings i'm hoping it will all be mended, the vets bill so far is £138[msnoo] all i can say is thank god i have pet insurance, i paid the first £50 in excess charges and the insurance company are paying the rest directly to the vet [clap]

food wise today i'm doing great and feeling positive, my meals are planned for the next few days and knowing what i'm eating always helps

will check in later to see how everyone is getting on

Mizzy

Pat M
08-12-2006, 18:03
thanks girls for the kind words
if ihadnt been weighed for 7 weeks im sure i wouldnt be looking at just 5 lbs but as you say its the boot up the bum you need to get you going,
its a bad time of year for all of us weight wise, but this is life and we have to adjust to it, and get over any dissapointments
fiona thats bad news about your sister, as though you havent got enough to worry about, and i understand what you are going through with yd, my grandaughter doesnt seem to be able to do much right just lately, she is forever in trouble and her mum has just grounded her yet again for a month so she wont be doing much for christmas how old is she our sophie is almost 16 and trys to 25 pat

Kazzie
09-12-2006, 04:06
Fiona, sorry to hear about your sister, as if you havnt got enough to worry about[msnsad]. Its so sad that your YD is behaving as she is too, maybe she just can't handle all of what is going on at the moment? I do hope things improve for you very soon and I applaud you for how positively you are taking these things.

Pat, well done on your 1 and 1/2 lb loss and reaching your stone award[clap]

Glad to hear that your classes are going well Julie and as Mizzy says I hope you are prepared for the big rush of newcomers in the new year.

Mizzy, Fiona was right, Lily is an Italian Spinone and they are actually renowned for being very greedy and pinching food. Apparently, they weigh up whether the crime is worth the punishment and if the crime involves food it is always worth the punishment![msneek][msnoo][msnmad] I know now that I cannot leave food of any description, whether it be raw, frozen or whatever, anywhere on any worktop or table as she can reach absolutely everywhere![msnmad] I know she is going to be a nightmare over the festive period, lord only know how we will manage! Glad to hear that Olly is on the mend now and hopefully will back to longer walks very soon.

Have a nice weekend all[msnsmile2]

Karen

mizzy
09-12-2006, 14:32
Karen, we have just looked up in our dog breeds guide book and she looks like a cheeky character, it says feeding "reasonable"[msneek] but doesn't sound like it in Lily's case you'll have to get that dog trainer in from it's me or the dog, did you see the episode with a dog that could open the oven to steal food and then open drawers to get up onto worktops, he also peed on the bread bin[msnoo] he was so naughty and she managed to train him not too [clap] your Lily doesn't sound as bad as that though, just cheeky and a trier[msnwink]

well back to diet stuff, i was very good yesterday here is my food diary, i had a mix to max day and had my favourite red meal and my favourite green

usual brekkie of toast and jam 2 syns
cooked brekkie with quorn sausages bacon egg mushrooms and tomatoes (red)
banana
mini box of organic raisins 1.5syns
sweet potato wedges, beans and egg (green)
museli yogurt
mini raisins again! 1.5syns
ryvita berry goodness bar 3.5syns

total syns 8.5[angel]

so i'm pretty pleased with myself and feel tons better

i'm planning on a red day today and i've got everything in so i should have another good one

now, i know it's optomistic but i would like that 3 1/2 stone award before christmas[msnsmile] so i need to lose 4.5lbs doesn't sound too much but feels like a lot when there's so much happening and being surrounded with christmas goodies to tempt me but i'm going to give it my bestest shot[clap][clap][clap]

Julie, i tried an old summer dress on yesterday size 16 from next and it was too big especially around the bust and waist, it was ok on the hips (i've always been hippy) but it has spurred me on[msnwink]

Have a good day everyone, it's only 16 more sleeps til christmas [msneek]

Mizzy

Sharon G
09-12-2006, 18:25
...oh, I have a little hangover today!!!![msnembarrased][msnembarrased] Our works Christmas dinner last night! I was soooooo good with the food, nothing fattening, nothing too much and lots of veg to fill me up!!, even gave the pudding up to my colleague sat next to me[msnsmile2]. Believe it was the after dinner port thats made me feel like this!!![xx(]
Anyhow, Santa didn't seem to notice me a shade of green this morning when I took my youngest, Harry to see him.
Our local church do a Christmes coffee morning and Santa visits in his own grotto. The children then, all have their breakfast with him which is really sweet and sing with him around the Christmas tree.
Good job I was feeling abit [xx(] as there were loads of chocolate goodies and mincepies waveing at me everywhere[msneek].
Lots of water for me today.

Have a good weekend everyone and say NO to any mince pies that come your way!!:D

Sharon G
09-12-2006, 18:29
Mizzy....Just trying to talk my DH round to taking on a little homeless 4 year old Jack Russell called "Molly". She's absolutely adorable. It's 3 years since we lost our other dog.
Glad to hear Ollie is on the mend.

Kazzie
10-12-2006, 01:04
Mizzy, I did see that episode of "its me or the dog" and Lily is not quite so bad, at least she isnt yet anyway! She knows how to open the back door to let herself in, hence back door permanently covered in mud as the garden is like a bog with all the rain[msnmad]. She has not yet fathomed out how to close the door after letting herself in though[msnoo]. She has also tried her best to open the cupboard door where her food is kept but thankfully has not yet mastered it. We also have to watch her when cooking anything under the grill as it is just at her eye level and she doesnt seem perturbed at all about the heat[msneek].

Thanks, NOT for the reminder that it is so near Christmas[msneek][msneek], I am not a bit organised, I havn't even bought any Christmas cards yet!

Karen

Karen, we have just looked up in our dog breeds guide book and she looks like a cheeky character, it says feeding "reasonable"[msneek] but doesn't sound like it in Lily's case you'll have to get that dog trainer in from it's me or the dog, did you see the episode with a dog that could open the oven to steal food and then open drawers to get up onto worktops, he also peed on the bread bin[msnoo] he was so naughty and she managed to train him not too [clap] your Lily doesn't sound as bad as that though, just cheeky and a trier[msnwink]

well back to diet stuff, i was very good yesterday here is my food diary, i had a mix to max day and had my favourite red meal and my favourite green

usual brekkie of toast and jam 2 syns
cooked brekkie with quorn sausages bacon egg mushrooms and tomatoes (red)
banana
mini box of organic raisins 1.5syns
sweet potato wedges, beans and egg (green)
museli yogurt
mini raisins again! 1.5syns
ryvita berry goodness bar 3.5syns

total syns 8.5[angel]

so i'm pretty pleased with myself and feel tons better

i'm planning on a red day today and i've got everything in so i should have another good one

now, i know it's optomistic but i would like that 3 1/2 stone award before christmas[msnsmile] so i need to lose 4.5lbs doesn't sound too much but feels like a lot when there's so much happening and being surrounded with christmas goodies to tempt me but i'm going to give it my bestest shot[clap][clap][clap]

Julie, i tried an old summer dress on yesterday size 16 from next and it was too big especially around the bust and waist, it was ok on the hips (i've always been hippy) but it has spurred me on[msnwink]

Have a good day everyone, it's only 16 more sleeps til christmas [msneek]

Mizzy
[/quote]

mizzy
10-12-2006, 01:22
i bought my cards yesterday Karen and now i'm pretty much done, i did most of the shopping online because i cannot cope with the crowds at this time of year and i'm keeping it all plain and simple this year

i've just got a few things to get that you need to go into town for then like stocking fillers and i'll be all done

Sharon, i cannot imagine what a hangover is like because i've NEVER had one!, even when i did drink lots and lots i never suffered for it [msneek] does that make me strange? anyhow hope you are feeling better soon [grouphug]

i've had a good day foodwise
usual brekkie 2syns
yogurt and grapes
spicy sausage and red onion omelette
ryvita goodness bar 3.5syns
cajun chicken stir fry
mini raisins 1.5syns

total 7syns

come on where is everyone today, how are the rest of you doing?

Mizzy

10-12-2006, 02:40
Sharon so sorry I did not congratulate you on your wonderful loss[clap][clap] Hope the hangover has gone[msnwink]

I am suffering from a very sore throat and aching limbs[msnscared]

Not a bad day food wise

fruits and yog with weetabix HE b
skinny latte x 1 HE a
banana
chicken HE b chow mein 3.5 syns
4 diary milks @ 1.5 each = 6 syns
lots of water and a lemsip[msneek]

total syns 9.5[angel]

We put up our Christmas decorations today just waiting to get a real tree in the week, I am not sending many cards this year would rather put money into a good cause, also keeping the presents simple too, much more chilled and low key this year[msnwink]

Finally ordered my new oven from J Lewis today and it will be here on Wed[clap]

10-12-2006, 02:43
Mizzy well done on the dress, bet you felt good mrs[msnwink] You will get your award by xmas I am sure[msnsmile2]

fiona
10-12-2006, 03:39
Karen I cannot believe how your Lily can do so much, mine will get into their food cupboard if it is left open (it is a large pull out drawer larder unit with tins of vetzymes etc on the bottom, tinned food and a bag of meal on the next, and more dog food and the all important chews and gravy bones on the 3rd one, ie out of nose range! I soon learnt anything left at their level gets scoffed!) But they are far too stupid to open a door except by barging into it. Our cat had mastered the act of opening more or less any door, and he would certainly get at anything he wanted to eat!

Funny thing is no sooner had the children finally got old enough to let me go to the loo on my own, then the dog or cat would barge open the door!

Good day today, broad bean salad for lunch, spag bog for supper (green version) and saving myself for roast lamb tomorrow.

Am off to hit Reading for what I hope is the last of the xmas shopping tomorrow, we aim to be there early, hit 2 shops and out, can't stand an all day rush again, also ED gets very tired nowadays.

Pat M
10-12-2006, 13:49
hi girls well i had my one and only night out last night, christmas do with the SW group i go to, the meal wasnt too good melon starter, that was nice the soup was like dishwater and only lukewarm the main meal (i had beef) would have been better had it been hot, and the plum pudding with white sauce(a small one) was hot but when i finished left a greasy feel on the roof of my mouth never experienced that with xmas pud before, and coffee and a mini mince pie to finish, had a couple of lagers and a couple of vodkas and diet cokes so i reckon ive had my syns for the week, did a lot of dancing so maybe that exercise will help to get rid of some weight,it was a good night though, i will make a real effort for the rest of the week to compensate and who knows, i may be lucky and stay the same on thursday pat

mizzy
10-12-2006, 15:24
have a good time at the shops today Fiona, i don't envy you one little bit, i thought it funny about the dogs barging in on you on the toilet, i have similar problems with the kids and i am hoping they will grow out of it

Pat, it's a shame the meal wasn't very nice, i would have sent cold food back and the christmas pudding must have been very highly processed to have left a greasy feel on the roof of your mouth, i will keep my fingers crossed that you will have burnt off some of those syns before thurs[msnwink]

Julie, i've gone for an artificial tree this year as not sure about Olly, he has been fine so far, he did steal a soft wobbly santa from the fire hearth but after being severly reprimanded he hasn't touched it again

i'm planning on making the SW christmas cake today and off to asda this morning to buy the ingrediants that i'm missing, will let you know how i get on

Mizzy

mizzy
10-12-2006, 22:59
where is everyone today, i'm here all on my lonesome[msncry]

i've had a good day, not yet made the cake, i'm letting the fruit soak up the brandy overnight but have made some lovely sweet mince tartlets which work out at 2 syns each, i used filo pastry from the freezer section in the supermarket and asdas own mincemeat as it was the lowest in cals/fat etc, it was pretty difficult to calculate the syns, my first batch came out at 1.5 each but as some look a little bigger than the others i rounded it up to 2 just to be sure

i've had a red day and that consisted off

sunday brunch, sausages, bacon egg mushroom tomatoes and toast (2.5syns)
grapes
mini organic raisins (1.5syns)
lemon chicken and vegetable stir fry
yogurt
2 mince tartlets (4syns)one i've just eaten and one for later[msntongue]

total 8syns[angel]

weigh in tommorrow, hoping for a small loss!

Mizzy

mizzy
11-12-2006, 01:42
mizzy singing ..............# all by myself!, don't wannabe all by myself any more #

????? where is everyone tonight, you have obviously all got more interesting lives than mine[msnembarrased]

Pat M
11-12-2006, 02:19
you are like billy no mates mizzy ,ive made the christmas cake before its delicious but its nicer after leaving it for a few days, so by christmas it will be lovely i think i will make mine in the next day or two, ive had one night out and ive been like a zombie today late nights dont suit me at all. ive been quite good today but need to be really strict for the rest of the week, i think i now need to go to bed pat

11-12-2006, 10:28
Morning, I was quite poorly yesterday hoping to feel a bit better today, very sore throat, feeling sick and ached all over [msnsad]

Mizzy can you post the recipes for the tarlets please they sound yummy[msnsmile]

Good day yesterday, struggled to eat my tea.....

fruits and yog
skinny lattes HE a's
omelette with 1 tbsp oilive oil HE b
jacket pot and quorn sausage and beans
2 heros 3 syns
HiFi bar HE b
lots of water and 3 lemsips[msnsad]

Got to do our VAT today and I hate it[msncry]

mizzy
11-12-2006, 13:06
oops i went to bed last night and left myself logged on[msnembarrased]

julie, good luck with the VAT, do you file online?, as an employer the in revenue give me a bonus for filing online i think it £100 the first time and then £50 each time after that,i'm not doing it myself though i've got business company doing it for me and they are free

the mince tartlets where extremely simple, i used sheets of filo which synned up at 6.75 per sheet and i got 6 tartlets out of a sheet with the odd eadge cut off so 1/2syn per base, then i used asdas own mincemeat which is works out at 1.5syns per tablespoon but i didn't quite use a tablespoon and that's how i estimated 2syns each

to make i just cut the pastry into 3" squares and used 3 of these overlapped at an angle for each base, sprayed in between layers with frylight, add the mincemeat and baked in the oven for approx 6 mins

when cooled i dusted with icing sugar and they looked very pretty but more importantly tasted yummy[msntongue]

i think an average mince pie can be anything around the 10 syns mark so quite a difference

Mizzy

julieanne
11-12-2006, 13:14
Well it was quiet on here at the weekend wasn't it. I know I know I never get on here over a weekend. I just always seem to busy and it's even harder at the moment as my pc is boxed in by packing boxes, suitcases etc... [msneek]

Julie, hope you are feeling better today [grouphug]

Mizzy - well done on the dress. Keep practising the singing [msnwink] [msnwink]

Well don't think I dare post my weekend food diaries - they were all bad days.
Friday started with a sausage sandwich and ended with a Chinese and 4 or 5 pints of beer [msnembarrased]
Saturday was one of our works nights out - that involved more beer and an absolutely huge Indian meal - it was absolutely delicious though [msntongue] [beer]
And yesterday I was too full and tired to eat much at all [sick] [msnsad]

Back on the straight and narrow today though. Have a good one everybody!

fiona
11-12-2006, 14:47
Mizzy is that using filo pastry for the mince pies? Might have a go at that.

Busy weekend, sat in horrendous queues yesterday to get into reading, would have turned round if it wasn't a one-way system! Most of xmas shopping now done and wrapped up. New bedding now completed for spare room now completed, just need to get some furniture for it. Met up with the errant one, gave her her meds and her sister gave her a mega piece of her mind!

Switched on my phone this am, long text message sent at 2am saying she is coming home, v sorry etc and yes she thinks she needs counselling. Been in touch with the college who can arrange immediate appointment, so now just got to get her to go in.

Diet wise disaster at the weekend, toasted sandwich out yesterday, roast lamb in the evening cooked by DH, although only had a small amount. ED is desperate for sugar stuff so we had the most delicious tarte au citron from M&S patisserie.

Christmas tree is now up and decorated, most of the deccies are up, christmas eve lunch booked en famille at a restaurant, and just the cards to do - which I am so behind on. Have written a round robin as cannot face writing tons of cards with same depressing news about ED.

Time for lists I think or nothing is going to get done now, quick whizz off to work and then off to the hospital for ED's RT treatment and weekly appointment with consultant.

Have a good day all, any remaining pressies are being bought online I cannot face that again - even for 205 off at Debenhams (got my pressies from DH or I would end up with nothing!!).

mizzy
11-12-2006, 15:43
i told you that you where brave to face those christmas shopping crowds Fiona and it's good to hear that contact has been made with yd and that counselling is on the cards, just a tip for you, make sure you get the right sort of counselling (check with an organisation such as "mind")

the mince tartlets where made with Filo pastry Fiona, did i forget that it my post?, how very silly of me[msnembarrased]

well Olly has been back to the vets this morning and the bandage is off, we now have something more substantial to keep his paw dry when he's outside and back to vets again in 4 days[msnsmile]

i've had a sneaky peek on the scales and i'm not too sure about tonight, maybe 1/2 off or stay the same, i want more but show me someone that doesn't! i'll be happy with 1/2lb off because at least it will be still moving in the right direction

Julieanne, 4 or 5 pints!!!! how very naughty of you[msnwink]

Mizzy

mizzy
12-12-2006, 01:43
well back from class and now i've finished my tea i can tell you the good news

another 1lb off[msnsmile2]and for this time of year i'm extremely pleased, i also had my heavy winter trousers on which is something i've never been weighed in before so may have even been more off

i have made the christmas cake today Pat and it has come out smashing, i will leave it wrapped for a few days and then cut it and have a tester, if it's nice i will make another for christmas and take this one to class next monday

off to bed now for an early night

night night [zzz]

good luck for those weighing in tommorrow[msnwink]

Mizzy

fiona
12-12-2006, 03:28
Well done Mizzy [clap], I must out 100 time - I MUST TRY HARDER!

Another long afternoon at the hospital today, and have to be there at 8.30 tomorrow, hopefully back here by 10.00am as I have my 6 monthly check tomorrow + mammogram, can't tell you how tiring all this is.

Another day of diet going to pot, so there will be no surprises tomorrow night!

Christmas cards done, just got to rephrase my round robin so it doesn't sound too depressing. Tomorrow I am writing lists for everything, and will be digging out the filo pastry mince pie recipe, along with a cake. Bought more chrissy lights to decorate the outside this evening (thank goodness homebase stays open late) and plan to put ourselves in the christmas spirit with some cooking - need to defrost the fridge which has decided to freeze itself up at the back for the 3rd time this year[msnmad].

Have a good day all, won't be on until later.

12-12-2006, 10:10
Mizzy very well done[clap][clap] I knew you would have a loss this week[clap][clap]

Fiona you are doing fantastic just holding it all together[grouphug]

Julieanne what are you like LOL!!!![laugh][laugh][laugh]

Not hopeful of a loss fr me today, my scales are not showing one but who knows[msnscared]

Yesterdays diary...

fruits and yog
skinny lattes HE a's
jacket pot and cottage cheese
banana
satuma
indian style rice with small piece of chicken 1/2 HE b
HiFi bar HE b
lots of water
1 cabury hero 2 syns

Have a good day all[msnsmile2]

Pat M
12-12-2006, 13:28
well done mizzy thats great for this time of year. i was out again last night cant believ it twice in a week but just visiting a friend, i took the car so i only had 2 glasses of wine and soda but i nibbled on some crisps and dip,i hadnt had any syns so i will count that as my flexible syns.
fiona you are doing great to hold things together at the moment,im sure many of us would of caved in with the pressure of all the hospital visits etc,never mind thinking about diets, you will get your head round that soon. im rooting for you.
everybody is so busy around now its a wonder we dont lose weight with all the extra running around we do, but good luck to anyone getting weighed today pat

julieanne
12-12-2006, 13:38
Mizzy very well done[clap][clap] I knew you would have a loss this week[clap][clap]

Fiona you are doing fantastic just holding it all together[grouphug]

<span style="color:red">Julieanne what are you like LOL!!!![laugh][laugh][laugh]</span id="red">

Not hopeful of a loss fr me today, my scales are not showing one but who knows[msnscared]

Yesterdays diary...

fruits and yog
skinny lattes HE a's
jacket pot and cottage cheese
banana
satuma
indian style rice with small piece of chicken 1/2 HE b
HiFi bar HE b
lots of water
1 cabury hero 2 syns

Have a good day all[msnsmile2]

[/quote]

I don't think I should answer that Julie.
I'm <span style="color:red"> very very </span id="red"> naughty [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]
In my defence I should say I did do a two hour session at the gym last night [sporty]

Yesterday I ate
seriously oaty
chilli chicken & peppers in wholemeal pitta
apple
cottage pie with sweet potato
orange
lots of water
naughty mince pie [msnoo]

Well done Mizzy [clap]

mizzy
12-12-2006, 15:37
thanks girls for your support

we did nuts at class last night and the syns where horrendous, i'm so glad i'm not a nutty person[msnoo] sorry i'll re-phrase that i'm so glad i don't really enjoy nuts[msnwink]

we are doing christmas chocolates next week which will be the final weigh in for me until after christmas

Julieanne that's a good food diary and you have obviously paid your pennance for the naughty weekend with the extra long visit to the gym, here's a little [angel] just for you :D

fingers crossed for you ladies weighing in today and tonight

Mizzy

ps Karen, Sally, Jill, Theresa Sharon G and Julie B, hope you are all ok and you too Carole, i know you don't post much but i know you are reading and keeping up with us all[grouphug]

fiona
12-12-2006, 16:01
Morning girls, feel like I have spent all day so far on the motorway as massive queues to get anywhere this morning, and coming back was even worse, so I was late for my appointments and had to phone and warn them. Good news for a change (not that I expected anything else, I would have had a real shock if it had been bad!) mammogram all clear, and he expects me to have had my reconstruction by June when he sees me next! Lovely chat with my surgeon, who was so upset for us about ED - she was with me, so he quite understood my reason for not having had my op, but not at all happy I had been off the tamoxifen for 6 weeks for nothing! My oncologist tomorrow, I think I am stuck with the tamoxifen for another year and then she will see about trying something else. ED's oncology meeting was full of all the side effects starting this / next week, so to up the anti-nausea tabs and ensure we have plenty of painkillers in. You know we all have problems in life but if you spend a short time in the cancer wards you really do see suffering on a large scale. ED is the youngest by a good 20 years so she stands out!

Off to walk my houndles - for once at a reasonably warm time of day, have a good day everyone, will report back after SW this evening.

12-12-2006, 22:40
Fiona I think of you several times a day whenever I am about to moan about anything[grouphug][grouphug] I think you are doing amazing well considering what you are having to go through[grouphug]

Karen, Sally, Jill, Theresa, Sharon G and Julie B, like Mizzy says where are you all, hope you are doing OK?

1/2 on for me today, not too worried but I am going to have a really good week to get to target, I only need 1 1/2 for goodness sake but I just don't sem to be able to get there[msnsad]

Julieanne well done on the gym session, I think that's one of my problems at the moment I am not doing enough exercise[sporty][sporty][sporty]will get back to it as soon as I have more time over the Christmas hols[msnwink]

Pat sounds like you had a nice evening out[clap]

thornton
12-12-2006, 23:56
Sorry I haven't been on lately but I have been so busy with various things. I lost 1.5lbs last week so only 1lb over target which I am sure I have put on this week. Been out for three meals, out tomorrow night also and have been to a funeral this afternoon and had rather too many sandwiches which were delicious.

Off to collect the dog now and then have some supper then Brian wants to use the computer.

Will try and post more tomorrow.

Fiona, our thoughts are with you. [grouphug][grouphug]

mizzy
13-12-2006, 01:22
me too Fiona, [grouphug] i have been personally thinking of you and other people in similar situations whenever i'm having a difficult time with the children, disability is at times extremely hard to be at peace with but i am gratefull that they have their health, i sincerely hope sometime soon you will be able to say the same for yourself and for both of your children [grouphug]

Julie, you are at that crucial last hurdle with the target winking at you from over the fence and i know that you will soon overcome this final hurdle[clap][clap][clap]

good to hear you have lost another 1lb too jill, and even better news that you are managing your target weight[msnsmile2]

well a reasonably good day for me today, food wise i've had 7 syns and i've kept it all in check, on the social side my son has taken part in his first ever school play, it's taken him 5 years and it's a non speaking part but to see him "included" is a massive acheivement for him and for us, we are very proud as are his teaching staff[msnsmile]

i'm having another early night as still tired from the weekend

night night everyone

Mizzy

fiona
13-12-2006, 04:22
Well done Jill, I am astounded to say I have also lost 1½lbs - I would like to say it is because I have assiduously stuck to my meal plan, but you know I would be telling porkies of the first degree!![msnwink]

Our consultant wants me to up the vitamins and fresh veggies / fruit now that my mouth ulcers are on the wane, must have thought I looked tired (or perhaps it was my hacking cough that did it!!), she is quite happy with me not keeping strictly to plan, will be back on track mid Jan - hopefully with ED. Her taste buds have gone completely and she cannot taste a thing unless it is sweet. So any suggestions what to feed her on!!

Stayed up late watching the Royal Variety and then Tony Bennett, and have to be up early tomorrow for the next round of med meetings!

Got my inside lights up, outside ones to go, christmas cards are written just need to top and tail and get to the post office tomorrow to get stamps.

Julie are you reading out that bit of suggested SW christmas meals, I so don't think so - whose up for quorn for xmas lunch?? And I want to know who is going to eat 1oz of xmas pud with low fat custard? And as for bubble and squeak - I vote for smoked salmon instead!!

Kazzie
13-12-2006, 04:31
Sorry again, busy busy busy this week again!

Well done Mizzy you are doing really well.

Well done Jill.

Julieanne, at least you have tried to compensate for being naughty with the 2 hour session at the gym so well done to you.

Julie (mach2) Dont worry, you are doing so well and maybe your body has decided the weight it wants to be and really 1 and 1/2lbs is really not a great deal to worry about. Try not to think about it too much and that last little bit will just disappear without you knowing it.

Fiona, I totally admire you for dealing so well with all of the problems you currently have and still trying to control your diet. I hope that the nausea and after effects of the treatment your daughter is receiving is not too bad this time. You must congratulate yourself for coping so well. Hope that your other daughter does well with the counselling, it must be very hard for her to cope with everything.

I am still weighing at home at present, as I cannot make any of the SW classes nearby with all the activities that Melanie does. There are 1 or 2 daytime classes but they are not at a convenient time either. Still, my bathroom scales always agreed with the scales at SW and if I take them as accurate I have lost another 1lb. I am more than hapy with that as things are still hectic here! I still have not even bought my christmas cards[msneek][msnembarrased]

Karen

Kazzie
13-12-2006, 04:37
Well done Fiona, you so deserve the weight loss.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I have been out for a meal this evening with some friends, ate badly once again and no doubt will be severely punished on the next visit to the bathroom scales[msnembarrased][msneek][msnmad][msnwink]

Karen

mizzy
13-12-2006, 11:57
well done Fiona with the weight loss [clap][clap][clap] it must have been a lovely boost for you, now onto the something sweet, do you mean sweet but still low fat? and will ED also need her nutrients through the sweet food, if so can you not get the doc to perscribe some enlive drinks or something similar to build into her daily food or how about smoothies they would be good for you and ED although not exactly SW

Karen, well done too, another boost just before christmas[clap][clap][clap]

it's christmas card day for me, i've got quite a few to post (on foot!) and still some family ones to buy which i will be brave and get in town around 5pm when it gets quiet

have a good day everyone

Mizzy

julieanne
13-12-2006, 18:48
Food for yesterday
seriously oaty
banana
chilli chicken & peppers in wholemeal pitta
spicy chicken wings, ham & tomato bun, mince pie & cream
4 after eight straws
(and I did succumb to more heroes from the tin at work) [msnembarrased]

I was at a friends for tea – hence the not so good evening meal
No gym (as I was out) but I did get some exercise taking my bed to bits and moving the mattress yet again, my bedroom carpet is being fitted today.

Today I was talked into going out for lunch and have eaten a little too much [V]
Burger (home made, so as healthy as a burger can be!) in a ciabatta with potato wedges and salad [msntongue]
Lovely but too much for a lunch time

Fiona, just want to agree with what all the others have said [grouphug] for you and your family

Hope all those who we haven’t heard from in a while are out spending money and burning calories Christmas shopping [msnwink]

14-12-2006, 02:21
Well done Fiona[clap][clap]

Very busy day today, had my blonde restored plus a good trim[msnsmile2] Then had an evening performance at YD school plus had my new cooker delivered[clap][clap]

Goodish food wise...

fruits and yog
skinny lattes HE a's
M&S be good to yourself wrap
homemade chicken chow mein
extra latte
water
HiFi bat HC b

syns probably around 15 today[msnsmile]

fiona
14-12-2006, 04:10
Evening all, the errant one has returned!

Regarding sweet food Mizzy, am just trying to think of something that she might be able to eat, as problem with the mouth is going deteriate rapidly over the next week, although the oncologist made a point of seeing her today and telling her to attend a meeting on Monday afternoon after she had established they are all kicking in this week. Everything tastes like cardboard and anything salty or sharp catches the mouth ulcers. I think smoothies may be the order of the day.

Had my oncologist appointment today, she is v happy with me, says I am looking alot better and much slimmer[msnsmile2], gave me a big hug as we said goodbye after I had told her all about ED.

Still no cards sent out - ahh, and some have to go abroad, honestly what am I like this year??!!

mizzy
14-12-2006, 12:00
smoothies it is then Fiona, you will have to try lots of new ones to keep her interested and perhaps a new recipe challenge now and then to take her mind off all the awfullness that's around her at the minute, i wouldn't worry about christmas cards i'm sure those close will understand [msnsmile]

Julie, good to hear you sounding more relaxed blondie[msnwink] i'm not bothering with my colour this time, i'm going to put a wash in wash out colour through it, the hairdresser is still going to cut it next week but i cannot bring myself to part with all the extra cash for a hair colour that may be shaved off [msneek] i've told her i'll wait until late feb then it'll be all done just in time for my hol[msnsmile2]

school play again for me last night, "santas on strike"!!! because he'd been watching too much supernanny[msnoo] it was very funny but with a good underlying christmas message[msnsmile]

food wise yesterday i was fairly relaxed but still in control so i'm happy with the choices i made

have a great day everyone

catch you later Mizzy

julieanne
14-12-2006, 16:11
Julie I was restored to my natural blonde colour at the weekend :D

Well I think I will just go and sit in the naughty corner until January 2nd [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]
I am finding it soooooooooooooo difficult to make good choices and I have so many things arranged over the next few weeks but I will keep trying. Also my gym is closed over the holidays so guess who will be doing lots of walking? [sporty] [sporty]

Sally D
14-12-2006, 18:25
I have not been around on here much as I have been finding things very hard eating wise since I returned from Florida, (yes I know that was back in October)[msnembarrased]

I'll join you Julie in the naughty corner until 2nd Jan, I will be back with great determination then[msnwink]

Went out to dinner last Thursday with Jill and the other 56 SW members. Had a nice meal but ended up with a headache, and I wasn't even drinking. Out tonight for a meal with Peter and some friends.

Have been extremely busy but now I am already for christmas, all present are purchased and wrapped, cards all posted or delivered and most of the food has been bought, just the fresh things left to get.

Well done to all of you who have kept things going[clap] and also for Fiona[grouphug], lets all hope that 2007 is going to be a better year for you and your family.

mizzy
15-12-2006, 01:39
now now come on you two, NOBODY is going in the naughty corner[msneek]

this is what we are going to do girls, repeat after me

i (name) am going to enjoy myself this christmas and new year, i plan to make good food choices whenever i can and have a little bit of what i fancy everyday, i will not be made to feel guilty because i have worked hard all year and i am still very much in control despite having one or two celebrations/drinks/mince pies too many[msnwink][msnsmile2] [easter1]

Mizzy

Pat M
15-12-2006, 11:47
hi everyone have been so busy my daughter decided to start redoing grandaughters bedroom new wardrobes,decorating, as she is on her own guess who gets to help, so have been coming in in the evening and just flopped down, and wrong choices of takeaways ordered, so i have gained 1 1/2lbs this week, im not upset because i know i lost the plot, so i will have a really good week this week and try and lose that before christmas, and i will not only repeat your statement mizzy i will write it out 100 times, thats if i find the time, lots to do today as well as looking after daughters 2 dogs she is working an 18 hr day today as its last day at the uni she works at, pat

julieanne
15-12-2006, 13:51
now now come on you two, NOBODY is going in the naughty corner[msneek]

this is what we are going to do girls, repeat after me

i (name) am going to enjoy myself this christmas and new year, i plan to make good food choices whenever i can and have a little bit of what i fancy everyday, i will not be made to feel guilty because i have worked hard all year and i am still very much in control despite having one or two celebrations/drinks/mince pies too many[msnwink][msnsmile2] [easter1]

Mizzy
[/quote]

Thanks for not sending us to the naughty corner Mizzy [msnsmile] even though I for one deserve it [msnembarrased]

Good advice too [clap]

Pat M
16-12-2006, 13:13
just where are the days going i dont seem to be getting anywhere, i keep planning things and they just go out the window and today doesnt seem as it will get any better, and then when the evening comes it takes me all my time to keep my eyes open till bed time. is this what its like when you get older. i am now going to try and get today organised, i havent been fantastic since weigh in on thurs but am still aware of what im eating, so hope it doesnt do too much damage pat

mizzy
16-12-2006, 14:32
good morning everyone, it seems very quiet on here again

you sound a little like me Pat, the days are rushing by and nothing, well almost nothing seems to be getting done[msneek] but dh is off now til tues so hoping to get some jobs done and out of the way

i do think that being aware of what you are eating reduces some of the damage even if you haven't quite made the right choices, the secret to success is not blowing it completely and giving up only to start again in january

i did this last year i stopped all attempts at healthy eating around about the 12th and from there i went downhill very fast, the weight gain for the two weeks went up to double figures[msnembarrased] not something i'm very proud off but will admit too as it was a good lesson learned, this year i'm being a LOT more cautious but still plan to enjoy myself, not all treats have to be food[msnsmile]

have a good weekend everyone, as my youngest keeps telling me it's only 9 more sleeps til christmas[msnoo]

Mizzy

17-12-2006, 02:42
Busy, busy, busy,............ food going well even though the house now has lots of Christmas goodies in it[clap][clap]

Have a great weekend all[clap][clap][clap][clap]