PDA

View Full Version : Tink and the Girls!

mm69340
23-08-2003, 16:16
/forums/Data/2003823121556_Christmas Cards 2003 001.jpg

OH MY! It is big!!! Here we are on Wednesday Morning!! We all had a great time and I am already checking out fares on Jetblue for now through mid december $59/one way!!!! I may just go ALONE[:p]

Harmony
23-08-2003, 16:25
Karen,

Great photo. I hope you don't think me rude but are they all your children. If so you have my sincere respect as we found it hard enough coping with four. They look like a great bunch.

Jeff

Gillian-B
23-08-2003, 17:56
Great photo - I'm glad to see that the sky is so blue [8D] and not raining [8D] [8D]. We leave for the airport in a couple of hours - hope it lasts :D.

mm69340
23-08-2003, 23:13
Hi Jeff-

No, I don't think you are rude. We get that question fairly often, I want a shirt printed for people that says- Yes, they are all ours! We had one lady walking in front of us talking about us SO LOUDLY I almost tapped her on the shoulder and asked- Can I help you!

We started our family VERY soon after the nuptials ;). And the rest is history! God blessed us with this bunch and I, for one am very curious as to his plan;). I had a hard enough time with the first four[:0] THEN CAME THE BOY!!!! I don't know what God was thinking with that one!!! Then came Baby Grace!!! What else could we have named such a wonderful surprise package!!!

sarahjk
23-08-2003, 23:30
Hi they look like a happy and contented bunch how rude of someone to be talking about you like that especially when they all look so happy although I bet they can be fun at times
Tell your eldest that from someone who was the eldest of 8 that it does get better I promise
Just kidding
Although between the ages of 12 and 18 I would have gladly swapped most of my 4 brothers for any of my friends sisters and did try much to my moms chagrin[}:)]

Sarah:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-08-2003, 01:52
Hi Karen and family,

Great to see you all and what a good photo.

I have spent today looking after my three young neices and my daughter (our son was at his Grandpa and Grandma's house) we have had such fun. I can imagine there is never a dull momment in your household.

Thanks again for your posting.

Sarah

chrisj
24-08-2003, 02:13
Bit off subject

My Wife is one of 6 and its great when we all manage to get together. Two years ago we
actually managed to all get away on holiday together, Can you imagine it there was 32
of us all in villa's next to each other. We had a fantastic time.

So Karen I think a big family is the best, you are never alone as there is always someone
around for you.

Chris

Tracey
24-08-2003, 14:52
Almost as many as you Karen, I have 5, but I'm in reverse 4 boys 1 girl.

I won't be trying to catch up though [:0]

Kissyme
24-08-2003, 17:03
Karen
What a lovely photo, did you notice the man and boy getting in on the act just behind you all very funny we off in just over 7 weeks cant wait

MTP
25-08-2003, 03:53
You are very blessed. We have two children at the moment and we always planned on four, but we will need to wait and see what happens. We ahve a friend that has 5 children and she says that once you get past three it doesn't really make a difference to add another!

We are just a little shell shocked at the moment as Caraid has just started school and we are just figuring on the next x number of years of being restricted to school holidays, and not just deciding to take a long weekend to visit family, etc. Even our annual pre-Christmas shopping trip is difficult to plan as we have to figure on Saturday/Sunday only.

Such are the joys.

Best wishes,

Euan

dbrook
25-08-2003, 10:48
Yes Euan I had a friend when we lived in the US who had 6 and said after 3 they brought themselves up. We decided not to risk it and stopped at 3!

Lovely family photo Karen - you must be very proud! Enjoy them at this age as too soon they will be teenagers:D:D

mm69340
25-08-2003, 18:03
I agree- I tell people once you can handle being outnumbered with 3- the rest is just physical labor!! A labor of love- but really physical!!

The teen years will start the MENTAL/EMOTIONAL labor!!!!

chrizzy100
25-08-2003, 19:22
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Bit off subject

My Wife is one of 6 and its great when we all manage to get together. Two years ago we
actually managed to all get away on holiday together, Can you imagine it there was 32
of us all in villa's next to each other. We had a fantastic time.

So Karen I think a big family is the best, you are never alone as there is always someone
around for you.

Chris

My Grandfather was the last of 24 kids....his mother had her first at 15 when she married....the last at 52..all single births...our family is in every part of the world......one was Gov of CA at one time.....

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-08-2003, 20:42
Just did a search of the net and unearthed the following:

The mother of all mothers? The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69. From 1725-1765 a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets.

Sarah

tinkerbell
25-08-2003, 20:45
Wow whata great photo|! As you might have guessed by my ID, I am a big tinkerbell fan! How did you manage to get a picture like this?!

mm69340
25-08-2003, 21:11
Hi Tink-

WE also have A HUGE TINK FAN!! SHe loves when she sees your "logo" on here. Every outfit I packed for her was Tink- right down to the Tink bathing suit!!! She is the Blonde my hubby is holding- you can look close and see Tink on her shirt!

I had the Disney people take it. I have on of us in front of the castle- then she asked if I wanted a different one- she asked the three in the front to hold their hands out- we had no idea why- Then I walked past another photographer who had the picture and the girls were so EXCITED to find out Tink would be in their hands. I have already uploaded it to www.OFOTO.com and had our Christmas cards made from this. I have about 48 wallets coming!!

I took the other one of us in front of the castle and uploaded that and had the title added WELCOME TO OUR HOME and will hang it in our Villa for our guests to see us!!!

chrizzy100
25-08-2003, 21:24
quote:Originally posted by mm69340

Hi Jeff-

No, I don't think you are rude. We get that question fairly often, I want a shirt printed for people that says- Yes, they are all ours! We had one lady walking in front of us talking about us SO LOUDLY I almost tapped her on the shoulder and asked- Can I help you!

We started our family VERY soon after the nuptials ;). And the rest is history! God blessed us with this bunch and I, for one am very curious as to his plan;). I had a hard enough time with the first four[:0] THEN CAME THE BOY!!!! I don't know what God was thinking with that one!!! Then came Baby Grace!!! What else could we have named such a wonderful surprise package!!!

I find the Americans have more kids than we Brits......a family of 5-8 kids seems very normal up here...it must be the cold winters...hehehehehe

athurstance
27-08-2003, 18:03
What a great photo - thanks for sharing that Karen. Your kids all look gorgeous - you should be really proud.

orlandobabe
02-09-2003, 14:43
Superb photo-and as an only child I would have loved to have shared my childhood with some siblings-not sure on 6 though!

Though yours all look like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths:D