PDA

View Full Version : passports

Gin
22-08-2003, 19:33
My son is still on my ex s passport and I don't know where he lives. The passport office in the uk have said they won't issue my son with a passport unless they receive my exs. Does anyone have any experience of this - Help

Chris7
22-08-2003, 21:55
This is a tricky one, and I think the custody arrangements will be important. The only bit of advice I can suggest is to go down to the Post Office with your passport application. For £5 they will process the paperwork, and I know that they have a "hotline" through to the Passsport Office to be able to discuss issues which are out of the ordinary. You should at least get a definate answer on what you need to do this way, and if they don't process your application, you don't have to pay the £5!

Good Luck

chrisj
23-08-2003, 01:16
If you have custody, and this has been through the courts (not wanting to pry) then there
must be some document that you can produce to prove this. Im sure with this the passport
people will be more than willing to help you

Im afraid thats the only advice I can think of

as above from Chris7 - Good Luck

sarahjk
23-08-2003, 01:44
I think the thing with the new passport rules are that the child has to be deleted from the parents passport so until that happens they can not issue with a new one for a child
How long is left to run on your ex's passport because that may have some bearing on the issue as well
I would contact the advice line about this though as it is not as straight forward as customer services at the passport office may think ask for a senior member to advise you on it but dont go and pay the post office until you know as they will take your money and it wont change the outcome if the passport office are insisting on the other passport
I have just filled in the form for my 11 year old as she is on my hubby's one still and it states that you have to send the parents in to be deleted and if you are not married the mother has to sign for it so ring and ask it is to complicated for mere mortals to understand

Good Luck
Sarah[:0]

Chris7
23-08-2003, 01:53
"dont go and pay the post office until you know as they will take your money and it wont change the outcome if the passport office are insisting on the other passport"

I don't think that is the case. When I went to renew our kids passports, the post office phoned up to check with the passport office if it was OK for me to apply for the passports without a letter of authority from my wife .We're happily married so it wasn't an issue, but they did say that if the parents were seperated the application would have to be made by the parent with custody (not sure how they would know).

Our case isn't quite the same as our kids already had their own passport and weren't included on either parents.