PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh-Orlando with Delta

sunandfun
03-11-2006, 22:09
We have just booked flights today, flying out on Monday 11 December and returning on January 1 2007 from Edinburgh, with one quick stop at Atlanta. Great flight times and all for only £369 per person, including tax. We looked on the Delta website and then telephoned them and haggled a bit. With cheap car rental from this site, we believe we have got a bargain!! Can't wait!!!

Katys Grandad
03-11-2006, 22:49
I've never thought to 'haggle' directly with an airline's own reservations staff and didn't realise there was flexibility on prices that way. Any tips for the rest of us?

MarkJan
04-11-2006, 01:01
Good thinking. I tried haggling with Thomsons' staff on our last trip as the web price was lower than on the phone, no joy!

sunandfun
05-11-2006, 17:29
It was my husband who telephoned the airline. This was because we were just about to book the tickets for the same flights which we advertised at £409. That was at 8.30am on Friday morning (3 nov). By the time he reached work half an hour later and went back on the internet, they had risen to £550! That really annoyed him, so he phoned the airline and the end result was flights at £369. It really is worth a try.

nicseg
06-11-2006, 16:38
We were in the queue to collect our car back in July and there was an American lady in front of us haggling over the price for a flight with Delta. She finished the call very happy.
Nic

glasgowmary
07-11-2006, 02:08
once i looked online at a holiday couldn ' t decide and went into a travel agent ( the holiday was on their website ) decided to go ahead and book told them the price which they said not only would they match but take off another £100 if i decided to go ahead and book which i did. when i got home and looked at what i' d written down i had told them the wrong price by about £ 50 so ended up £ 150 better off. i never ever book with the first price i get, it does pay off so well done !