PDA

View Full Version : Globespan from Glasgow

holidayhunter
02-11-2006, 00:28
Is flight from Glasgow to Sanford with Globespan next June 29th for £549 a good price?

Andy & Arlene
02-11-2006, 01:32
Compare it with the likes of BA, KLM etc and then you will see if it's a good price. That date is the week before the start of the Scottish school holidays, when the prices do tend to rise.

edlea
04-11-2006, 16:08
Is it a good price?
Hmmmmmmm.
The best way to check cheap prices is to trawl through the bucket sites eg Opodo, Airline Network, E-bookers etc. etc. typing in your dates and seeing what comes up.
If you find something on there you like, then check it out with the actual airline. For example E-bookers last year told me the cheapest on offer to Miami was with Swiss. So it was, but when I went on the Swiss website, it was more than £100 pp cheaper than what E-bookers said.
Then YOU will have to decide if it has to be specifically Glasgow - Sanford. Could it for example be Manchester - Tampa etc. etc.
It's often worth driving a couple of hours at each end if it saves you £XXX's.

MarkJan
04-11-2006, 19:10
I don't think any price starting with £5xx is good! Not much you can do about it if you are travelling around school hols though.

Upsidedown
16-11-2006, 02:52
Its Globespan so of course its not a good deal. I would not trust this shower with my family and belive me when i say i know what i am talking about here. I am in the business and i have to say that this lot scare me!

jaff
30-11-2006, 23:41
but i can get a package deal for 1995 from them 2 adults 2 children

Upsidedown
01-12-2006, 13:53
Despite the fact that they will sell you a seat on a nice big 767 with seat back IFE you might find yourself boarding a 737 with no IFE and having to make a tech stop (refuelling) on the way. Globespan have been using 737s on this route recently (search and you will find other posts). Yes they do purport to be cheap but ask your self where they make the savings, if only you knew the answer to that question you would not even be considering them as an option. Also as I have stated before I would not put my family on one of their aircraft, I am in the business and I know stuff that you would not be aware of but which concerns me from the safety point of view greatly ( I can not detail the issues in this forum). Do you know any pilots? If you do then speak to them about Globespan, the chances are they will have a story or two to tell you!

WR1
01-12-2006, 19:47
just what in the bussiness do you do?? we have been flying with them to spain for years and never had any problems.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Upsidedown
Despite the fact that they will sell you a seat on a nice big 767 with seat back IFE you might find yourself boarding a 737 with no IFE and having to make a tech stop (refuelling) on the way. Globespan have been using 737s on this route recently (search and you will find other posts). Yes they do purport to be cheap but ask your self where they make the savings, if only you knew the answer to that question you would not even be considering them as an option. Also as I have stated before I would not put my family on one of their aircraft, I am in the business and I know stuff that you would not be aware of but which concerns me from the safety point of view greatly ( I can not detail the issues in this forum). Do you know any pilots? If you do then speak to them about Globespan, the chances are they will have a story or two to tell you!
[/quote]

Solana
02-12-2006, 00:16
mmmm my thoughts too,discussing airlines with friends who are safety inspectors with the CAA they thought these comments odd. Also they have sworn that the safest airline to fly with is EasyJet, despite being one of the cheapest.
We flew to Florida earlier this year with Globespan and were pleasantly surprised with the safety aspects as well as service.
You can only speak as you find,

Upsidedown
02-12-2006, 00:28
Globespan are actually quite new so WR1, you could not have been flying them for more than 3 or 4 years. They were formed by K Newnham after his previous Co. Cougar dissapeared. You might remember the nice livery with the big cat on the side.
I maintain A/C. I know this shower inside out. They scare me.
If you want to fly with them fine. I will take no pleasure in saying i told you so, God knows i hope i never do, but they have been so close on more that one occasion its really not funny anymore. Remember the Helios crash due to improper seting of the pressurisation panel. Globespan did it twice, within 2 weeks, with the same skipper carrying out a "bleeds off" take off from Glasgow.Both times a full rubber Jungle. The list is lenghthy but i will not continue here. If you want to know more then maybe you can PM me.

Upsidedown
02-12-2006, 00:29
Easyjet are without a doubt one of the safest. Safety is always at the forefront of their thoughts.

WR1
02-12-2006, 01:10
We've flown with them for the last 3 years. At least 8 times this year within Europe. Never had any safty problems and have always arrived on schedule and found the cabin crew to be very pleasant. On our last flight with Easy Jet the cabin crew could not contain their laughter throughout the safety demonstration (perhaps a private joke) but we and others onboard thought it very unprofessional!

Robert5988
02-12-2006, 01:10
Globespan and Travel City Direct - God's way of saying he didn't intend Man to fly[msnwink]

02-12-2006, 02:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
Globespan and Travel City Direct - God's way of saying he didn't intend Man to fly[msnwink]
[/quote]

Totally agree[msnwink]