PDA

View Full Version : Disney tickets

walll1
29-10-2006, 14:38
Help I am going to Florida for the first time in Aug 07. I dont have a clue about how to go about getting Disney tickets - there are so many options and dont know where to start.Can some one please give me some advise.
Thanks

pieman790
29-10-2006, 14:50
You need to sit down and decide what you want to do whilst you are in Orlando and what parks you intend to visit.
We normally do one day at the parks followed by one day either by the pool or shopping.
The link at the top of the page will give you some options for Disney passes based on how days you intend to go.

Liesel
29-10-2006, 14:52
Hi and welcome to the forum. You don't mention how long you are visiting for and this will be one of the deciding factors in choosing your tickets.

I suggest you browse the options available at http://www.park-tickets.com/This site offers really competitive rates and is very helpful in explaining the options.

Disney offer a basic ticket, for a given number of days and to this you can add various options; additional entrances to the waterparks, DisneyQuest etc (these are not included in the base ticket), an option which allows you entry to more than one park on the same day (hopping), you can choose whether you want your tickets to expire after 14 days or if you want them to be valid for longer. For example, if you were staying for 21 nights, you might want to buy a 7 day base ticket, but plan on visiting the parks 7 times over the 3 week period, in this case you would want the non-expiry option. Your base ticket allows you access to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom. I wouldn't recommend planning on visiting a park each day of your trip - it is a long day[msnsmile]

I hope the above is helpful, it isn't as complicated as I have made it sound! The site above will make it all clear [clap]- I hope I have got it right!!

Have a wonderful trip - I am sure you will love it and there is loads of advice to be had from the forum members here.

Liesel

mfairhurst
29-10-2006, 15:30
HI welcome to the forum you will have many happy hours looking at the good advise on the forum .
The tickets can be purchased from this site as said before .
Try EPCOT as well as always something new .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

florida4sun
29-10-2006, 16:50
A typical ticket package for a 14 day stay would be:

5 - 7 day disney ticket (with or without water parks)
4 or 5 park flex ticket (covering 14 days access to Universal, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, wet n Wild - Busch Garden)

or
5 - 7 day disney ticket (with or without water parks)
1 day Sea World
7 day pass to universal/IOA

Of course there are other options but the above are the most popular choices.

MarkJan
29-10-2006, 20:14
Personally, I would always go for the no-expiry Disney tickets. If you haven't been before, you will want to go back to Florida and may as well have tickets that give you an option of not having to use them all up before you return home.

Magical Dreams
30-10-2006, 04:17
The first time we went to Florida, we sat down months before we went with all the park information to hand.

We then discussed what we wanted to see and do each day of our holiday. (Plan lazy days too and also shopping)

It might sound boring and slightly Anorakish, but thats the best way to get the most out of the time you have.
There's that much to do, that you can miss some of the best places by not planning.

Print off a list of the Tickets available and then you can then work out which options are best for you.
http://www.park-tickets.com/

This will also make your money go further if you plan in advance!