PDA

View Full Version : Visa needed

leigh
28-10-2006, 22:51
Hi
I am new to this forum and hope someone can help. I have read through some of the information but am still unsure and hope if someone has had the same experience can maybe point us in the right direction.
We are due to travel to florida in May with some friends, now we have been before with them. My friends husbands is not a Uk citizen and has always been granted a visa for our previous holidays but now he has been granted his citizenship and got his british passport but the problem we have is he has received a summons for court for a minor offence which happened over a year ago and it looks like he will receive a fine. Now our question is will he need to get a visa and if so how do they normally view these types of offence? She is worried because obviously it will be a new offence and he has just received his passport.
Thanks in advance for any support and advice you can give.

Robert5988
29-10-2006, 00:16
How long ago doesn't matter.

What type of 'minor offence'?

Was he arrested?

leigh
29-10-2006, 01:28
Hi
Thanks for replying, as far as I know he was accused of theft in a shop although there was a mix up as he never left the shop, he was never taken to a police station although the police where there and interviewed him and it is only now he has received a summons and after speaking with a solictor they said it will be a fine and might not go into court. My friend was a bit worried as we were travelling next year and it would still be quite fresh and that it would go against him rather than an incident that happened long ago. She is a bit worried even if he is granted a visa he will have problems at immigration.
I guess she is just trying to get reassurance that they are not the first this has happened to and that he could still go.
Thanks again.

Kazzie
29-10-2006, 01:05
Hi Leigh, you can find the questions asked on the visa waiver form here

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=14753

I am a little confused though, if he was never arrested, why has he now received a summons?

Karen