PDA

View Full Version : Yet another sat nav question

The Count
28-10-2006, 14:33
Hi all, I am new to this forum but I am really impressed by the friendly advice that is dispensed with such regularity.
I am travelling out to Orlando on a golf trip with three other buddies at the end of november, my first ever trip there. Hopefully I too will have some helpful advise to dispense after that. I intend to hire a 4x4 through the site using Dollar car rental. As i am not living in the U.K. (I live in Ireland actually)I don't think I can hire sat nav directly from uscarhire. Does anyone know if I can hire a sat nav system directly from Dollar car rental when we get to Orlando.
thanks in anticipation.

florida4sun
28-10-2006, 16:23
You can ask at the counter, they do have some units but they cannot be pre booked.
Unfortanately we have had too many problems with the mail to Southern Ireland, so we had to stop offering the sevice, sorry.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by The Count
Hi all, I am new to this forum but I am really impressed by the friendly advice that is dispensed with such regularity.
I am travelling out to Orlando on a golf trip with three other buddies at the end of november, my first ever trip there. Hopefully I too will have some helpful advise to dispense after that. I intend to hire a 4x4 through the site using Dollar car rental. As i am not living in the U.K. (I live in Ireland actually)I don't think I can hire sat nav directly from uscarhire. Does anyone know if I can hire a sat nav system directly from Dollar car rental when we get to Orlando.
thanks in anticipation.
[/quote]

shenon
28-10-2006, 21:12
You could always get the Tom Tom go 910 which has the US maps ,we did and it is brilliant AND it's just the excuse to keep returning to Florida [8D]

The Count
28-10-2006, 21:23
Thanks for the advice. I might just take my chances and hope there is a unit available for hire when we get there. If there is none I can always purchase a tom tom, whatever that is! Only kidding, I presume that it is a brand of sat nav. Any idea how much a basic sat nav unit would cost and are they freely available in most shopping areas?

Homer
28-10-2006, 23:37
You can pick up a Tom Tom 1 for 168.25 online with currys although you will need to look for some bargain codes;)