PDA

View Full Version : Tony Roma's

blott
26-02-2002, 20:47
On Highway 192 for great baby back ribs and steaks. The service and food is exemplary and it's one of our 'treat' places as it's slightly more expensive than we normally pay but well worth it.

Blott

imported_n/a
27-02-2002, 14:26
Which part of 192? So many people recommend this to us, but no-one can ever remember where it is! Have looked on every visit since 1999 and can't find one. We are on Lindfields so it is up by Walmart/Old Town section?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-02-2002, 15:53
It's on the north side of the 192 - head east from Medieval Times and it's on the left within a mile. From memory it's in front of a Target or Home Depot.

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

Angua
23-03-2004, 16:56
8560 International Drive – Go to the Website to find your local branch, they’re all over Orlando/Kissimmee. www.tonyromas.com

Visited this branch on our recent trip and you have to try the original Baby Back Ribs, they are absolutely gorgeous and I’m not even a huge fan of ribs (“sacrilege” my Hubbie exclaims).

This place is pretty busy and it is quite likely that you will have to wait, they don’t take bookings. We’d dropped by a couple of times but it was just too busy. We went a little earlier one evening and walked straight in.

We had a full Onion Loaf as a starter. Bad idea! V.good but just too much! go for the half unless you've got a big appetite. You select which of their signature sauces you’d like with your ribs but there’s also four different sauces on your table for you to try.

The large beer is certainly large and Hubbie could nearly hide behind it. Guess who ended up driving home that evening!

My tip is that Monday night is “all-you-can-eat ribs” night (not the baby-backs but still good). Certainly at International Drive anyway. If you’re hungry on a Monday, that’s the place to be and amazingly, it wasn’t busy.

If all else fails and the queues just too big, there’s always the “to go” option.

....and if you've got room in your suitcase, don't forget to buy a box of their signature sauces, containing four big bottles. At only $15, it goes down a storm at our Summer Barbecues and brings back some great menus, I mean memories;).

Enjoy! (but don’t tell me about it as I’ll get jealous:()

blott
23-03-2004, 17:00
MmmmmmMmmmm! You're making my mouth water Sarah and so is that blasted link you posted! [msnoo][msncry]

Angua
23-03-2004, 17:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
MmmmmmMmmmm! You're making my mouth water Sarah and so is that blasted link you posted! [msnoo][msncry]
[/quote]

Sorry Blott, I know what you mean! I've got four bottles of sauce on the kitchen counter, staring at me, daring me to get the barbeque out (even though it's raining!!)

Hubbie brought back some sauces initiallly from the Roma's in Houston and he's even got of their "to go" magnets on the fridge!! It's all just too much![msncry]

Ray&Sarah
23-03-2004, 19:50
We are absolutley crazy about Tony Roma's and its always our first port of call when in Orlando. This year we are planning to go to New York and Washington and to our delight found that there is a Tony Romas's about 15 miles from Annopolis which is where we are hoping to stay on one leg of our holiday. So we won't have to miss out on the baby back ribs![msnwink][msnsmile2]