PDA

View Full Version : guitar

glasgowmary
27-10-2006, 01:42
seems i put mt last posting in the wrong place, typical me. so here it is again. we are buying a new electric guitar for christmas and wondered if it might be cheaper in florida but, not sure where to try any help would be great [msnembarrased]

florida4sun
27-10-2006, 02:11
Depends what you want. If you are spendning some serious dosh then they are cheaper in the usa. Cheaper models are about the same.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by glasgowmary
seems i put mt last posting in the wrong place, typical me. so here it is again. we are buying a new electric guitar for christmas and wondered if it might be cheaper in florida but, not sure where to try any help would be great [msnembarrased]
[/quote]

glasgowmary
27-10-2006, 02:15
well martin depends what big money is !! if he was getting a good deal he might put his own cash towards it and i would probably go more than i was going to , do you know any music shops ? we are staying on i drive for a couple of days then on to glenbrook . thanks:D

wilfy
27-10-2006, 02:18
try the guitar shop on orange blossom trail. We bought a banjo with case for our lad. It was a very good deal and a lot better than the uk. - www.guitarcenter.com

glasgowmary
27-10-2006, 02:20
thanks wilf off to try it now

glasgowmary
27-10-2006, 02:24
does anyone now if we can " pool " our allowance , so if we are allowed to bring back say £145 for 3 can we bring bavk £ 435 ? i mean in a single item thanks every-one

bouncey
27-10-2006, 02:41
no pooling, £145 each [msnmad]

glasgowmary
27-10-2006, 02:43
how annoying!! makes bringing a guitar back a little arkward ,

MTP
28-10-2006, 02:55
There is quite a good guitar shop just off I-drive, near the Free-fall centre (I think it is behind a Walgreens). They are quite happy to leave you to try out a few (which is handy while Mrs MTP is doing Michaels [msnwink]). I think that it is more important to be led by the feel of the guitar, rather than price alone. I would that when the cost starts to go up into the couple of hundred pounds plus bracket then the usual price conversion of that the price in dollars is about the same as the price in pounds comes into play. I had a lovely time trying out electro-acoustic 12 strings in this shop and I had always really wanted an Ovation 12 string, however after playing it it just wasn't the best in the price range. In the end I didn't get anything as I have had to completely re-think what I would like (still haven't decided and I still hanker after an Ovation as they are beautiful guitars).