PDA

View Full Version : Good Combo?

Niraj
24-10-2006, 19:51
Hi,

hopefully you can help me with a few suggestions.

I am going to be in Orlando form 20th Dec to 1st Jan 2007. As there will be 3 families going the age range for the children vary from 9 to 16.

What I am thinking of doing for me, my wife and our 11 year old daughter is to buy the Universal Tickets which covers 2 parks ( Universal Studios + IOA) which is valid for 1 visit each + 1 extra day over a period of 7 days.

Then we are doing a trip to Discovery Cove and in the afternoon go to Sea World as it allows us free entry with Discovery Cove tickets.

On top of that we will buy a 1 day tickets to probably Disney Magic Kingdom and a 1 day ticket to Animal Kingdom.

Firstly are all these tickets still available, secondly does this seem like a good combination?

Also can someone suggest a good place to go for New Years Eve for the whole group which is not a theme park.

christhear
24-10-2006, 21:18
Your Discovery cove ticket should allow you 7 consecutive days to either Sea World or Busch Gardens. I wouldn't try to do Discovery cove and Seaworld in one day. If you want to catch all the shows at Seaworld you need a full day.
I think there has been a change in the Universal tickets and you can now get a 1 day ticket or a 7 day ticket. Bearing inmind that the parks are qquite busy over the Christmas period you may be better off getting the 7 day ticket.
Again with Disney you may be better off getting a three day park ticket, you can get one that allows park hoping. This worlks out cheaper than 3 sepaerate 1 day tickets and gives you more flexibility.
Check out the link at the top of this page for tickets as they are really good value (no discovery cove tickets).

sundowner
25-10-2006, 00:30
Discovery Cove is a very full day - of relaxation.

We arrived in the morning went snorkelling, then aviary, the swim with the dolphins takes a good couple of hours up - they give you a talk about the dolphins, then you are in the water with them for around 40-45 mins then back to have a look at the photo's etc. We then had a very long, lazy lunch (we had lunch late as we did not want to eat before going in with the dolphins). After that, you can sit on the beach and watch the dolphins with the other swimmers.

Before we knew it, it was time to head home after one of the best days ever.

As Christine said, SeaWorld is another full day (we went back twice) as there are a lot of shows to see. When you arrive, sit down for a while and look at the time table that you get. You can then plan your way around the park to fit in line with the shows.
Mary