PDA

View Full Version : Mercado

blott
26-02-2002, 19:57
On International Drive where Titanic Exhibition is located. Lots of shops in a village atmosphere with restaurants and a large multi snack area.

Pleasant seating with a fountain - try the iced cafe mocha!

Blott

imported_n/a
12-09-2002, 18:31
The Mercado
8445 International Drive

Over 50 specialty shops, including American Cola Company, Krazy Kites, Florida Paradise, Global Sports and Kandlestix.

No Disney gifts here but definitely worth a vist for a good mooch!

Precious
12-09-2002, 19:52
There is also a good leater shop there called images which will custom make you a coat or a jacket, our family have bought 4 so far. The have another outlet at Point Orlando.

blott
12-09-2002, 21:07
The Mercado went into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection recently and the Titanic Exhibition/Feature is due to close shortly. Try the candle making shop where you can see beautifully decorated candles being hand made (my husband got thrown out of here for using a video camera!)

Hopefully there'll be some of the place left when we return to Florida! :)

Blott

esprit
13-09-2002, 22:36
That does not surprise me at all, Blottie.The last time we were in there, half the shops were empty (ie. shut!) and the other half were empty ( ie no customers). I would guess it has lost a lot of custom to Pointe Orlando. Might be a good buying opportunity if they have a lot of closing down sales though.

Julie Carty