PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Express Question

Paula D-S
20-10-2006, 15:34
I registered with Dollar Express a few months ago. I registered our villa name as the registered buisness. I am looking to book a car for my parents can I use my Dollar Express number and give my parents my card for use at the airport or will they need their own.

Thanks

ShirleyD
20-10-2006, 15:49
I would guess they need their own as it is all your preferences that are registered. You can book the car and add the number later though, when they have registered

roger
20-10-2006, 16:10
Yes, they will have to sign up for their own ID number. I recall the Dollar T&Cs when you sign up for Express strictly forbid you to give you details to someone else to use, and threaten to refuse car rental if you do.

Paula D-S
20-10-2006, 16:14
OK thanks.[msnsmile2]

marion46
20-10-2006, 16:17
I came unstuck using my dollar Express card on my last visit

I had 2 drivers on my OV voucher and I was told I had to pay for the second driver as he did not have a Dollar Express card
The idea of this card is your details are already on the computer so that is how it makes it Express.

The sales man said you must pay extra for the second driver.

I told the man if he values his job he will sort it out
But I do think he may of had a point about the card but after a long flight I am not in the mood for such an argument

Mind you he got his own back on me and sent me out with a car that only had half a tank of gas only just got to the villa

Robin never received his card so I am going to request it again.

roger
20-10-2006, 17:32
I think they guy you dealt with really didnt know what he was doing. We have many (hundreds) of Express members who have made bookings and we only ever have to include the 1 express ID of the lead driver on the voucher.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marion46

I had 2 drivers on my OV voucher and I was told I had to pay for the second driver as he did not have a Dollar Express card
The idea of this card is your details are already on the computer so that is how it makes it Express.

But I do think he may of had a point about the card but after a long flight I am not in the mood for such an argument

Mind you he got his own back on me and sent me out with a car that only had half a tank of gas only just got to the villa

[/quote]

athurstance
20-10-2006, 18:24
Paul and I are always both named drivers on our car hire but I am the only Dollar Express member. Never been a problem. I do book the car hire in my name.
One thing to note - I signed my Dad up for Dollar Express with my credit card. Nobody said anything to them at the desk when they picked up their car. However when we picked ours up the next day the lady asked to check my credit card and she said to me 'you'll never believe this but some people sign up with someone else's credit card!!". I said well I signed my Dad up with mine and she knew that already - they'd let it go as they could see we both had cars book one day apart. However she suggested my Dad use his own credit card in future as it can cause problems.

Karen
21-10-2006, 02:27
Roger, when I took the silver option I did not see a section to put a second driver. We normally do this at the desk. Is this correct or did I miss it?

Magicvilla
21-10-2006, 11:40
How do we apply for Dollar Express?[msnsmile]

roger
21-10-2006, 14:14
See this link on our site for full details:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-dollar-express.aspx

Magicvilla
21-10-2006, 14:22
Thanks a lot Roger.

roger
21-10-2006, 14:42
We only need the name of the lead driver.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen
Roger, when I took the silver option I did not see a section to put a second driver. We normally do this at the desk. Is this correct or did I miss it?
[/quote]

Karen
21-10-2006, 22:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Roger, that is what I thought but because Marion said she had two named drivers on her voucher I thought I had better check, just in case [msnwink]

roger
21-10-2006, 23:08
I think Marion was just saying the voucher allows 2 drivers (ie the Silver option).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Roger, that is what I thought but because Marion said she had two named drivers on her voucher I thought I had better check, just in case [msnwink]
[/quote]

Sally D
26-10-2006, 22:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marion46

[/quote]

My husband joined Dollar Express and we had no problems adding myself. We had ordered a 4x4 and was given a brand new Durango with only 4 miles on the clock[clap]