PDA

View Full Version : Taxi charge, sandford to orlando international

martek
20-10-2006, 00:33
Hi Guy's
We are flying to Sandford but our car hire will be from Orlando international.
Anybody know what the taxi fare cost would be for 4 of us.
Cheers Dave.

wrpac00
20-10-2006, 00:41
In the region of $130. I enquired this year for my son to travel from Sanford to the Disney area and they wanted $150.

Katys Grandad
20-10-2006, 00:45
Doesn't the rental company have a facility at Sanford? If so, you should be able to change your pick-up location. Alternatively, rent a car from Sanford and return it to Orlando for less than the cost of the taxi.

ellie
20-10-2006, 19:06
We often fly into Miami and pick a car up and then drop it off at Orlando, so I do not see why you would not be able to do the same with Sanford and Orlando, although it sounds as if you are only collecting from Orlando, not flying in or out of it. This will certainly add to your journey, so it would be better to get it sorted before you go.

Did you book your car hire throught the site on here? If so you will have no problems as you will be able to change the pick up without charge. After a long transatlantic flight you will be glad not to have to negotiate another airport, so it would be worth checking to see if you can rent it from Sanford.

ian
20-10-2006, 22:58
In September we flew into Sanford, picked up Dollar car - stayed 1 night and dropped the car off at Orlando International - booked car from this site - Compact (upgraded free to Intermediate), Gold cover: £22 or maybe £24 - much cheaper, far more flexible and convenient than a taxi. No problems and even took the car back with at least half tank of petrol!
Did the opposite 6 days later - flew into Orlando International, picked up new booked car (actually with 2 mile on clock), 4 days later, left it at Sanford - no probs.
Ian