PDA

View Full Version : Time of Arrival and Dollar Express

Sheffman
19-10-2006, 19:09
Hi,
Just been on the website looking to book a car and was unsure about a couple of things which the FAQ edoesn't cover (or I couldn't find them)
When I have to put the time I want the car from and my plane lands at Miami at 13:45 what time do I book the car from. I haven't been to the US for a while and have no idea how long it is now taking to clear immigration etc.

Secondly, is there a time during the booking online process when I am offered the chance to join the Dollar express scheme or is this seperate?

For some reason my phone won't let me dial the number listed so if I have to phone have you any alternative? Thanks

ShirleyD
19-10-2006, 19:37
I would normally add 30-45 mins to your arrival time for car pickup. You need to go to the dollar website to join up. I have added the link, but not sure if it will work http://www.dollar.com/expressmember/member_profile/join.aspx

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-10-2006, 19:47
You can also book now and then email us your Dollar Express number when you have it and we will add it to your voucher.

Sheffman
19-10-2006, 20:16
Thanks for your help, I'll go ahead and book now.

eclipsed
29-10-2006, 15:25
hi there, we registered with Dollar Express a couple of months ago, worth registering even if you only use it once. We booked car hire through this site and on arrival at MCO bypassed the queue and went straight up to the desk, we were on our way within 10mins. We did get a few tut tut's from people in the normal queue though as they thought we were queue jumping [msnsmile]

ellie
29-10-2006, 18:33
Sheffman, we have flown in and out of Miami quite regularly and I have to say that it is the one place that Immigration is often very long winded. It is not unusual to wait in the queue for an hour or more, although we have, on occassion, been lucky. It has a high proportion of people entering that the Immigration Officers seem to take a long time checking.

However, there is a little tip which you may find helpful. When you enter the huge Immigration Hall make your way over to the far left-hand side, where there are often shorter queues, and there is normally a member of staff who will often move you to a shorted queue.

The time you book the car is actually only an approximation, as the actual time should start from when you complete the check in procedure at the Dollar desk.

Hope you have a great time! ;)

ShirleyD
29-10-2006, 20:22
Ellie we always practice the 'move left' idea when there are queues, I read once that people tend to move to the right, so the same can apply to queues at the parks too (But don't tell anyone else)[msnwink]

MarkJan
29-10-2006, 21:30
Moving left generally works in the States. Try moving right in the UK and see if it makes a difference.

roger
29-10-2006, 22:43
In Orlando go right though, as you will then be near the US Citizen desks, and people are pulled from the far right queues to these empty desks, so never have to wait too long (there are usually only a handful of US Citizens on most flights from the UK in to Orlando).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
Ellie we always practice the 'move left' idea when there are queues, I read once that people tend to move to the right, so the same can apply to queues at the parks too (But don't tell anyone else)[msnwink]
[/quote]

ellie
30-10-2006, 02:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
[/quote]

Shhh![msnwink]

blott
30-10-2006, 03:47
When you're planning the time you're picking up your rental car, also remember to plan the time when it needs to be returned as each day's rental is equal to 24 hours.

So, if you pick up your rental car at, say, 12 noon, then note that it needs to be returned by that time too.

KarenScott
30-10-2006, 10:48
I've only just registered with Dollar Express and already have my vouchers from the car hire site above[msnwink] will i be able to just produce my express membership number although it is not on the booking?
[msnembarrased]

roger
30-10-2006, 12:17
Your Express ID MUST be on your voucher. They are very fussy about this. Just drop me an email as per our FAQ with your order number(s) and your Express ID then we will re-issue your vouchers.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Marthas Harbour
I've only just registered with Dollar Express and already have my vouchers from the car hire site above[msnwink] will i be able to just produce my express membership number although it is not on the booking?
[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

KarenScott
31-10-2006, 10:29
Thanks Roger will do:D