PDA

View Full Version : US Visa Requirements.

Barrresidence
15-10-2006, 23:58
Hi
I wondered if anyone has had any updated information which was posted a while ago about the possibility of US requiring all British Citizens to apply for visas as they may withdraw the Visa waive.
Would like to here from anyone with news.
Sue

ShirleyD
16-10-2006, 00:05
No need to worry Sue, nothing is likely to change, it would be too expensive for US tourism.

E. Cosgrove
16-10-2006, 01:00
Shirley is right, there was a big piece in the news about how it could never be seriously considered as it would cost the US far too much in lost revenue from visitors.

Barrresidence
16-10-2006, 02:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
No need to worry Sue, nothing is likely to change, it would be too expensive for US tourism.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply Shirley , reassuring that you think so I hope so.
Sue

wrpac00
16-10-2006, 02:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Barrresidence
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply Shirley , reassuring that you think so I hope so.
Sue
[/quote]

The US have now actually stated that they will NOT be removing the visa waiver program for UK people.

nicseg
16-10-2006, 16:00
Just picked this thread up - good news about the visa situation.... thanks for letting us know.
Sue

steph_goodrum
16-10-2006, 17:30
just a quick reminder to anyone whose passport is due for renewal soon that it may pay to try and beat the Oct 26th deadline if at all possible, incase it comes back as not an e-passport as some have done recently. If that happens you will need to apply for a visa but if your new passport is issued before 26th or is an e-passport then you will still not need a Visa.