PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new and need a bit of help

Ruthy
10-10-2006, 23:50
Hello,

Ruth here from Yorkshire. I was hoping someone might be able to help me to find a villa in Orlando away from all the action which is available for 29/12/06-6/1/07. I've been on the 3 sites but because it's New Year lots are booked and it's taking ages to go through them all. Is there a way of searching only available villas ?

Also, any recommendations on sub divisions would be great as we are 2 adults and 2 children (2 & 4) and are planning to spend a lot of time at the villa rather than at the parks (may go to Magic Kingdom at most). We would prefer to be in a more residential area away from the action but with a childrens play area. Nearish to normal shops (eg a normal shopping mall where locals would go)

Any tips on going to see the snow at celebration would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance

Ruth

DaveL
11-10-2006, 00:03
If you put out an enquiry on all three sites with a comment that your dates are fixed then only owners who have those dates should send you their details.

Dave

Lynne S
11-10-2006, 00:08
Hi Ruth,

Welcome to the forum. If you put a general enquiry on all 3 sites and state your dates and your requirements you should get replies from the available owners.
No owner is allowed to contact you through the forum, if anyone does please report it.

The snow at Celebration is worth visiting, it is on just up to the New Year. It snows on the hour at 7pm, 8pm & 9pm. I think you would have to go on one of your first nights, have a drive around Celebration the Christmas lights are wonderful.

Here is a bit from the Celebration website
November 24 – December 31
Celebration’s Now Snowing Nightly

All ages can celebrate the holiday season as snow falls nightly on Market Street. Visitors will get into the holiday spirit with festive entertainment, horse and carriage rides, holiday photos, train rides and much more.

Have a great time with your family.:)

Liesel
11-10-2006, 00:46
Hi Ruth

Celebration is lovely in the snow!Just don't let the 'snow' get in your eyes, it STINGS![:O] It is still definitely worth making the trip, there's a real festive atmosphere [msnsmile2]

As Dave mentioned, make very clear on your enquiry that your dates are strict, and only those owners with availability will respond to you. There are also write ups on the sites about each of the communities, they will describe the facilties available and the proximity to attractions shops and restaurants etc. If you find a community you like, the owners on the forum will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Have a great trip.

Liesel

gail and david roberts
12-10-2006, 11:54
Hi Ruth welcome to the forum
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

solanasunshine
12-10-2006, 12:13
Welcome to the forum Ruth [msnsmile]

dawn
12-10-2006, 12:22
A big welcome to you Ruth:)

ShirleyD
12-10-2006, 12:41
Hi Ruth
Welcome to the forum, don't forget in your general enquiry to mention you want to be in a quiet area 'away from the action with childrens play area, etc' it may help to narrow the search. Happy villa hunting!!

Sue and Jere
12-10-2006, 13:47
Welcome to the forum Ruth.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
12-10-2006, 16:12
Hi Ruth, and a very warm welcome to the OV forums!

E. Cosgrove
12-10-2006, 23:03
Hi Ruth, you have already been given lots of good advise about searching for a villa so I won't repeat it.
Just wanted to give you a welcome and hope you have a great holiday:)

Ruthy
13-10-2006, 00:08
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm going through the replies now and am trying to decide between Windsor Palms for all it's facilities and Southern Dunes - for its great views and away from it all feel. Will keep you posted !

Ruth

Lynne S
13-10-2006, 02:48
Good luck Ruth and enjoy, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time which ever resort you decide on[msnsmile2]

jackie greaves
13-10-2006, 14:49
Hi Ruth,
Welcom to the forum. I am sure you and your family will have a fantastic time in Orlando, wherever you decide to stay. There are still some villas with availability over New Year, so I would agree with the others and send out a general enquiry, adding a note that your dates are fixed. I am sure you will get some replies.

bjpointon
13-10-2006, 20:13
Welcome to the forum, you will always get plenty of good advice on here, there is always someone who will have an answer no matter what question is asked.

kimwo
13-10-2006, 20:16
Welcome to the forum Ruth.[msnsmile2]

Kim

reemur
13-11-2006, 13:20
Welcome to the forum Good luck with your search Have a great vacation

Susan J
13-11-2006, 16:25
Welcome - it is a lovely time of year to go, but remember the weather can be cooler, so don't always depend on a "day by the pool"

suegooding
13-11-2006, 18:28
Welcome Ruth, you will find out all you need to know from this wonderful helpful forum.