PDA

View Full Version : Pickpocketed!

Fran19
10-10-2006, 22:34
Sorry about this, but I need somewhere to rant and rave!!

This morning, my son who has just got back from two fantastic weeks in our villa, was pickpocketed on the tube into London. They took his yearly travel ticket and his Oyster card, which he had just purchased the day before! He was already sad at being back in this country and then some lowlife does that! Wouldn't you just love to be put in a room with the scum, although they will never be caught. The train staff are great too! When he got off and realised and explained what had happened to the train staff, they said they could not let him through the barrier and he would have to phone the transport Police. He explained he had no signal on his phone because he was in a tube station and could he possibly use one of their phones. No was the answer. What can I do then he asked. His reply was that he would have to get on the train and go back to the station he started from and report it there!! What wonderfully helpful people there are in this country. Always ready to help someone who has had a crime committed against them but not, of course, if you are British!!

Sorry for sounding off but I am so upset for him. He has to buy his ticket again and wait to be reimbursed in a few weeks time!! I suppose there will be an admin charge for that though![msnsad]

trevlad
10-10-2006, 23:13
well spouted off fran! but only right.
so rather than tell this story 100 times again to no avail. make a formal complaint to the managers or supervisors on the underground in writing.
give them times dates location and any descriptions.

its a diabolical liberty if they have treated anyone like that it sounds just like passing the buck and they need a kick up the arsenal tube station!
alternatively dont and then things will never change:D

Madabouttigger
10-10-2006, 23:48
I with Trev on this one - get a complaint in![msnwink]

Fran19
10-10-2006, 23:59
Yes, I will get my son to lodge a formal complaint tomorow - when he has calmed down!!!! If he doesn't, then I will!

Jill
11-10-2006, 00:56
Have you thought to write to Ken Livingstone, as he is in charge of Transport for London. All TfL staff have to undergo customer care courses - obviously in your son's case they were asleep and missed the caring part. It was a stupid attitude as they could have stopped the use of the card immediately so no one else could make any money from using the Oyster Card. However, the station staff do have several people each day give this as an excuse as to why they do not have a ticket and are not telling the truth.

Cruella DeVilla
11-10-2006, 01:24
Blo**dy jobsworth unfortunatley there are a few of them out there!

MTP
11-10-2006, 02:09
As Jill points out, you can see it from their side, but is the best solution they can provide really to go back to whence you came?!

I do think a formal complaint to head of TfL and CC Ken Livingstone would be in order.

orlandodaze
11-10-2006, 04:04
So sorry your son had such a lousy homecoming ,and to meet with such unhelpful officials must have been the last straw . Some day those pickpockets will run out of luck and get caught but at the moment thats no consolation for your son . Give him a big [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug] from us .

Ray&Sarah
11-10-2006, 04:10
So sorry to hear about your son's problems Fran, I really hope you get some joy from writing a letter of complaint, not a very nice welcome home.

Fran19
11-10-2006, 13:39
Thanks all

Good idea to write to Ken Livingstone, although he is not one of my favourite people!! I think I could knock up something to make him think though!

Thanks for all your thoughts and thanks Olive, I will hug him. He was so down this morning - has made a call to an immigration solicitor to find out more. I don't think he is staying in this country and not just because of this incident but everything that is happening over here at the moment. It seems to be going crazy and doesn't make sense to intelligent people. So many good people taking off to other countries these days. He knows it's not a bed of roses anywhere else, just hoping for something better though!!

LiesaAnna
11-10-2006, 15:16
sorry to hear Fran, hope it gets sorted soon xx

jackie greaves
12-10-2006, 18:05
So Sorry to hear about your Son Fran. I do hope you get some answers to your complaint. Keep us posted.