PDA

View Full Version : Advertising for services, businesses and anything

Frosty
07-10-2006, 16:50
How about a section where people could advertise their businesses, or services they provide which could be of help to owners or renters.

Maybe even where people could refer businesses or services that they have found and were pleased with.

Obviously nothing that would compete with OV directly.

Maybe even paid advertising, this way the forum makes money from the service.

Any thoughts?

CERICROWLEY
07-10-2006, 17:00
Neil

We have a handyman and recommended contractors section in the advertisers area.

Katys Grandad
07-10-2006, 17:57
I think this is a decsion for those that own and run the forum.

For what it's worth, my concern would be that posts might be edited if they recommended or praised firms in the same line of business who weren't paying for adverts. Equally, how free would posters be to criticise the prodcucts of the advertisers (however objectively)?

florida4sun
07-10-2006, 19:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
I think this is a decsion for those that own and run the forum.

For what it's worth, my concern would be that posts might be edited if they recommended or praised firms in the same line of business who weren't paying for adverts. Equally, how free would posters be to criticise the prodcucts of the advertisers (however objectively)?
[/quote]

roger
07-10-2006, 20:44
It's an idea we have considered in the past and might think again about this, but if at all, would be on some sort of paid basis where a company would pay an annual fee to advertise their services. There are quite a few pro's and con's but worthy of some consideration.