PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Scenes

colintelevision
17-08-2003, 21:44
For those that have been to the parks before only, I would suggest.

There is a tour, quite expensive (but I think worth it) where you get taken behind the scenes of WDW, including the 'utilidoors' under the MK.

It takes all day, includes a fab lunch in MGM, and you get to see the floats, costumes, rehearsal area, costuming (from behind, theyre the ones waving at you when you are on the tram tour in MGM!) and a lots more. Seeing the park from behind is quite something. I wont spoil it by giving anything away here, but there are quite a few full reviews on the net. We did the full day MK one, which starts at Epcot, on to MGM and MK. You see the parade from a special, cordoned off spot too, and get to ask all those questions you have buzzing around in your head, of a very knowledgable and fab Disney employee.

I thoroughly recommend it to veterans of WDW but not for newbies.

One thing which caused us a bit of a problem, under 16's are NOT allowed on, and no arrangements available from WDW for them, so it's up to you to get them looked after, as well as disappointing them.

tigs
17-08-2003, 22:21
WOW

How did you find out about that, I have been many times but not seen that. I would quite like to surprise the rest of my party with that excursion.

chrisj
17-08-2003, 22:59
We were very lucky in 1988, through a friend whose brother worked for Disney, we were taken
all around the ''secret tunnells'' and it was WOW, so you must have had a great time

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-08-2003, 23:15
They do not let the under 16's on the tour for fear they may see 2 Mickey Mouse's etc etc in the tunnel system and shatter the Disney illusion - or at least that's the reason I have seen for this rule.

tinkerbell
18-08-2003, 14:02
How can we find out more about this?? Is it a full day?? If not, does it allow you access to 'in-front' of the scenes when you're done with the tour?!

janny
18-08-2003, 14:32
there's a whole host of different tours you can do
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Tours.html

MTP
19-08-2003, 03:55
Sorry to recommend this site again, but for those looking for tours check out:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/8_Everything_Else/other/guided_tours.htm

coombsyl
02-10-2003, 13:55
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

They do not let the under 16's on the tour for fear they may see 2 Mickey Mouse's etc etc in the tunnel system and shatter the Disney illusion.

No sorry - don't understand you ;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-10-2003, 14:32
LOL :D:D:D

quote:Originally posted by coombsyl

quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

They do not let the under 16's on the tour for fear they may see 2 Mickey Mouse's etc etc in the tunnel system and shatter the Disney illusion.

No sorry - don't understand you ;)