PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Zafira (mid size 7 seater),

sundowner
04-10-2006, 19:58
Roger has been very helpful with our enquiry for car in uk to get us to the airport, but would like to get someones personal view.

Anyone had experience with the Vauxhall Zafira (mid size 7 seater)?

We want it for 5 adults, 1 year old in car seat, a pushchair and at least 5 big suitcases.

Would we all fit?
How comfortable are they?
Would we need special licence?

It's only for a 2-3 hour journey, but don't want suitcases on our knees on motorway.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Mary

roger
04-10-2006, 20:57
We used to have a Zafira (when they first came out but they are basically the same design still) and they are like a very large estate car, but not as big as say the Chrysler Voyager. Personally I think it would be fine for your journey, but not very long term, for your number of passengers.

The 2 rear seats can independantly fold flat, so I would suggest if you fold down just one of them, you would then be able to stack several large cases in the place where the seat was.

You need no special license, just your normal UK license is fine.

roger
04-10-2006, 20:59
Just another note, there are a lot of these around in the UK, so you might want to consider looking at one in a car park, or even better visiting a car show room so you can have a sit in and see how the seats work.

sundowner
04-10-2006, 21:00
Good thinking Roger. Thank you, I will do that.
Mary

dbrook
04-10-2006, 23:05
We have hired a Zafira for 6 people in Spain for the last few years. We JUST fitted 5 suitcases in, but you might struggle with a pushchair as well, depending upon size. It will be very tight though so don't take too big suitcases!!

We collapsed one of the back seats - you would have to do that as there isn't a lot of space becind the back two seats. Our Zafira broke down in Spain and we had to have a Touran. Now that's another story as there is no room behind the seats!!!!

Pegasus928
04-10-2006, 23:05
We own a Zafira and 5 of us travelled two hours to Manchester with a case each, although only 3 of them were the really large size.

It is a comfy ride although the room in the back seats is not great it was quite alright for our needs. Just put the ones with the shortest legs in the back so you can have a little more boot space [msnwink]

The Pegs

sundowner
04-10-2006, 23:16
Thanks guys.

Just thought as well. When we go to the showroom to look at them I will take baby's car seat and see how it fits.

Mary

mizzy
05-10-2006, 01:09
we own a Zafira and with the newer type you can definately pack loads in, have to agree with mrs pegasus though the two back seats are really only best for children/teens

but for that length of time mary, i'm sure you'll be ok

Mizzy

sundowner
05-10-2006, 01:48
I feel quite happy about this now. Just got to try the baby seat in one and away we go!

Thanks all