PDA

View Full Version : weddings

tigs
17-08-2003, 15:56
having visited Florida many many times, my daughter is getting married in Disney next November

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has had that experience.

Gillian-B
18-08-2003, 03:00
I know someone that is due to marry at the Peabody in less than two weeks, but don't know anyone who has married at Disney. Where is your daughter getting married in Disney?

Gillian

tigs
18-08-2003, 19:50
she is getting married in the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian.

Mickey and minnie will be at the reception. She would probably rather have them than most of the family.

Tracy
19-08-2003, 00:26
It will be amazing, when we initially booked there was only going to be 4 of us which is why we booked the intimate wedding in the hotel. The wedding pavilion looks so beautiful. Mickey and Minnie are amazing, they really play for the cameras. I had my first walz as a married woman with Mickey Mouse - How cool is that ! They also helped us cut the cake and feed it to one and other.

If you have any questions please ask, although it was 6 years ago this year, so I am sure things will have changed by now !

tigs
19-08-2003, 02:15
thanks Tracey

I am sure as time goes on we will have a million questions, my daughter is so excited, it seems a long way off.

She has not been a lucky person, she is only 24 and has MS, and her fiance asked her to marry him at Cinderellas castle last year. I spent all morning with the engagement ring in my pocket so she wouldnt suss him.

Not everybody back here is in favour of us going to Disney but what the heck, if you are a disney fan you would understand. MAGIC.

Gillian-B
19-08-2003, 02:28
I think it sounds wonderful to have Mickey and Minnie as "guests of honour" at a wedding! Probably not a good idea to have one of them as a witness as a register signed by "Mickey Mouse" may look slightly suspect ;).

Your daughters fiance must be a real romantic to ask her to marry him at Cinderellas Castle (does she get to arrive in Cinderellas Stagecoach?).

Hope you all have a brilliant time (and I'm sure that even the "non-Disney" fans will love it).