PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry & Mango Smoothie

sundowner
03-10-2006, 15:24
Hello all,

I have done a search for this but came up with hundreds of pages, so presume someone here will help.

I would like a recipe for mango & strawberry smoothie - only because that is what I have in fruit bowl at the moment (+ 1 banana). Will be sharing it with 1 year old granddaughter so no alcohol (for her anyway).

You are all doing so well on the slimming front by the way - keep up the good work. Do you just go to the website and join ? Does it cost a fortune? I know, I will look into it later today.

In the meantime, look forward and thanks in advance for your wonderful recipes.
Mary

steph_goodrum
03-10-2006, 16:19
Mary
As with most smoothies it's a case of what suits you, with the ingredients you have, ie mango (peeled and stoned), banana and strawbery just blend them together with some fruit juice, ice or yoghurt.

sundowner
04-10-2006, 16:06
Thanks Steph, I usually throw a whole load of stuff in and see how it comes out. Had a bad experience though with raspberries one time - the whole thing split and curdled on me. Not nice.
Mary

steph_goodrum
04-10-2006, 16:34
That's how we do ours Mary, Kiwi and rasberries are 2 I usually avoid (don't like the pips and can't be bothered to strain it.

I usually slice some strawberries, and cut up a melon into small chunks and then open freeze them and transfer them to plastic containers and keep them in the freezer, then if I haven't got any ice made it's easier to use the froxen fruit with some banana and fruit juice.

sundowner
04-10-2006, 16:41
I have also read somewhere you should use frozen bananas but not tried that yet. Assume you have to freeze them in their skin or they would go brown.
Mary

04-10-2006, 18:25
For my children I just throw in what ever fruit we fancy, plus a tub of natural yogurt and top up with milk - serve and drink straight away[msnwink]

sundowner
04-10-2006, 21:02
Have to say, Lola loved it. What a great way to get the good stuff down them. She's full of cold at the moment and not keen on eating but will drink anything.
Mary