PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to any of the Halloween parties?

daveg
02-10-2006, 20:34
Just booked our tickets. Anyone else going/gone? what should we expect?

heathercobbett
02-10-2006, 21:36
We did the Universal one last year;really terrific,but not for the faint hearted.Go on a weekday if you can.

Disney is better for little ones and enjoyed by all. Most of the parks do something so it is a good time to plan a holiday (they run right through Oct and some have sep dates as well

You can dress up for the Disney version but not for the Universal

daveg
03-10-2006, 11:55
Hi Heather. We have also booked the Mickey one for the kids. Universal is for us adults only :)

CarolAnn
03-10-2006, 12:43
We will probably go to the Universal horror night this time. though I am concerned that I WILL be frightened[msneek]. We have been to the Not-so-scary events at Disney, but don't think the 14 year old would be keen on that this time[msnwink]

heathercobbett
03-10-2006, 12:50
Carol and DaveQ Don't miss tha Universal show;queue on the left early and try to get the first performance as you sometimes cannot get in after that.Very fast moving and fun!

The Disney show will be memorable for your children,Dave;you can get cheap dressing up bits from Dollar shops and good old Walmaret!

eclipsed
03-10-2006, 17:29
we went to the Mickeys not so scary halloween party last year and loved it.my kids were 15,18,20 they all got in the spirit and dressed up and queued at he trick or treat stands for sweets.We have tickets for Howl o scream at Busch and this years sweet sixteen horror night at Universal.We are off on the 18th Oct and crossing the days off the calander, can't wait.[msnsmile2]

Cheeze439
10-10-2006, 21:54
I just got back from Florida today, we went to Halloween Horror Nights Sweet 16 on Sat Sept 29th. The work put into it all is fantastic but unfortunately for us it was extremely busy, 90 minute queues for many of the Haunted Houses. It also seemed to be Prom night or something as there were a lot of local teenagers decked out in tuxedos and prom dresses. It almost seemed unsafe the high volume of people in the park with the dark lighting. Also there were a lot people heavily drinking, definitely not a night for kids in my opinion as you'll feel uneasy about their safety. I recommend it though but I'd stick to a weekday after my experience there.

eastcoastbranch
12-10-2006, 02:30
We`re going to try and go to the Universal Horror night. Went about 5 years ago and it was fantastic.
Hannah.

CERICROWLEY
12-10-2006, 02:39
Did Disney twice now, so needed to try something different, prebooked our tickets for October 31st.

Our kids are now 11 and 14, I will probably be more scared than them

sundowner
16-10-2006, 20:58
If we all went it would mean having a one year old child with us - would you suggest someone stays at home with her and let the others go or would she just not understand what was happening ?
Mary

mprince
17-10-2006, 07:49
If you do go be sure to buy your tickets at Publix - they are much much cheaper than on the gate.

florida4sun
17-10-2006, 12:30
The one year old would love Disney but not Universal. Sea World also do a good one.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
If we all went it would mean having a one year old child with us - would you suggest someone stays at home with her and let the others go or would she just not understand what was happening ?
Mary
[/quote]